Vat

Status
Not open for further replies.
****s the lot of them but people should never turn the opportunity to vote.
It isn't the people that don't vote that's the problem, it's the stupid thick ****s that do.

I wouldn't trust 95% of of the people in this country to make the right choice on any subject, let alone choose the right people to run it. I see people throwing up outside pubs, I see pregnant girls smoking and drinking, I see haggered men and women swearing at their kids in the street, I see idle men avoiding work, I see thick people glued to Big Brother. I have to trust these people to choose the right person to run my country, what a ****ing joke.

I have never voted in my life. I don't like any of those people, and I certainly don't trust them. They are all out to take my money, so I refuse to choose the one that does.

Last edited:
:icon_lol:Labour have been pissing our money up the wall for nearly 12 years and it's all Mrs T's fault.

It was the practices she encouraged that started the rot.Get rich qick,feck everybody else worry about number one.I will gladly dance on her grave the day the evil old witch dies

I had some Lib Dem tosser tell me that i was bad for not voting. He was harping on about as a democracy i should vote, he got quite animated and argumentative about it. I pointed out that it was my democratic right not to vote, that ended that conversation.

The main cause of this problem is the banks giving money to people who couldn't afford to pay it back. The government let them do this because it kept their core voters happy as they were out buying plasma screens, new cars and sky TV. Now when the banks want the money back they're told they can't have it because its been pissed up the wall. The government have pandered to their electorate and its ****ed us.

I'm trying to run a small business that employs 6 people. We have had 4 major blue-chips tell us that we won't be getting paid for nigh on 90 days, take it or leave it. Our suppliers would laugh if we went to them with the same demands. Small businesses are getting ****ed daily and the government has done nothing to help.

My ideas would be controversial but have a positive effect. Sadly we're in the EU up to our necks so it can;t be implemented.

1) Limit the number of non UK staff per business to a percentage/ratio based on turnover.
2) People out of work will be given a three strikes rule. Refuse a job three times and have their benefits cut by %50.
3) Introduce business tax breaks on NI contributions for new employees. Set a limit per company based on staff levels to ensure hiring and firing doesn't take place.
4) Nationalise all banks (we might as well!) All eventual profits go back into the system.
5) Increase tax on fags and booze.
6) Lower tax on fuel for business usage
7) Increase corporation tax
8) Tax Non-Doms
9) Increase benefits for foreign business investment such as car companies.

Sadly the current incumbent are basing policies on getting back on Joe Publics good side rather than trying to get us out of this shit. None of the above will help them win an election but it may get us out of the shit in the long run.

Well I think I agree with no.7

1.is ludicrous and probably racist
2. is a nice idea but impractical. Yes people should have benefits reduced (within reason) if they don't take a reasonable job but 3 and out sounds as american as the expression
3. has merit but you clearly understand the problem by stating the proviso
4. Sadly public workers are lazy and inefficient. I think we should just have a very high tax above a certain profit, but don't limit this to Banks there are many rip off capitalists in the system.
5. Seems a bit vindictive and would hurta lot of poor families where parents would continue to smoke and drink.
6. **** that, it'd only be abused. It's time to invest heavily in alternate energy sources and then force car companies to install these other alternates (and I'm not talking about corn fuel and the like).
8. near more info but sounds a possibility.
9. Car companies have used their power to jerk economies around for decades and to hold back progression. It's their time to become more efficient and be forced to listen to governments. We have been held hostage by the ****ers for too long.

I had some Lib Dem tosser tell me that i was bad for not voting. He was harping on about as a democracy i should vote, he got quite animated and argumentative about it. I pointed out that it was my democratic right not to vote, that ended that conversation.

Isn't there an option to register that you have voted for none of them?

The main cause of this problem is the banks giving money to people who couldn't afford to pay it back.

yep, the wonders of living on credit. sadly it's the few of us who don't that always foot the bill.

Yay the racist card was played.

Well it was a stupid suggestion. Anyone would think that if you're not British you couldn't be productive or efficient or if you were British you'd actually do the job. I repeat it was a stupid suggestion.

The main cause of this problem is the banks giving money to people who couldn't afford to pay it back. The government let them do this because it kept their core voters happy as they were out buying plasma screens, new cars and sky TV. Now when the banks want the money back they're told they can't have it because its been pissed up the wall. The government have pandered to their electorate and its ****ed us.

This is a fallacy.
The current problems have nothing to with people not being able to make loan repayments.

There are a lot of companies who are exempt from VAT just volunteer to be registered, it should even itself out? Those who lose out will be the flat-rate VAT payers?

How is it racist? I didn't say only White Caucasians should get jobs did I?

I refute that claim, it would get people of their arses into jobs and start contributing to the empty ****ing pot we have.

This is a fallacy.
The current problems have nothing to with people not being able to make loan repayments.

Are you serious?

Last edited:
There are a lot of companies who are exempt from VAT just volunteer to be registered, it should even itself out? Those who lose out will be the flat-rate VAT payers?

Were these intended to be questions?
Although, they don't make much sense with or without the question marks.

Riiight, bank liquidty is down to them loaning too much money and credit default swaps were the shady way of banks disposing of debt to one another, i know all of this.

This is down to people not paying back the money loaned to them, however the blame lays at the door of the banks and the government that deregulated it all.

Well I think I agree with no.7

1.is ludicrous and probably racist

it's certainly illegal under EU law, but Drew alluded to that...

my 2p of policies for the mixer apart from my taxing non-doms and raising corporation tax

1) benefit cap = minimum wage
you cannot claim more than minimum wage in total from the government

2) council tax: allow people on the borders between two regions to vote to choose join either side

3) nationise the railways...it's a shambles

4) sack PFI off

8) Tax Non-Doms

In additional to the changes announced last October and implemented in this year's budget (albeit in a watered down format) you mean? I wonder, after all the fuss when it was first announced, how many have actually left the country to avoid it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669