Waghorn over Fryatt any day

Status
Not open for further replies.
To be fair Waghorn does look good whenever he comes on but Fryatt has been scoring goals at this level and that is the main thing, if Fryatt was to go a few more games without scoring then maybe he should be dropped but dropping him now would be a bit stupid in my opinion.

What about Howard at centre-forward, Fryatt Inside-left, Waghorn inside-right, Dyer outside-left and Hugh Adcock at outiside-right?

Put Homer and HF on the wings, Miles inside, Mackado in the middle, Jeff at the back, Dessiepants in goal, Hazzman and me up front with Lako and everyone else I have forgotten mucking about. There. Sorted.

Waghorn should be starting, i expect some disagreement and would like to hear some opinion on this.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion - and quite rightly so.

However, your opinions on team selection (and mine for that matter) don't really matter because you don't pick the team......fortunately.

Put Homer and HF on the wings, Miles inside, Mackado in the middle, Jeff at the back, Dessiepants in goal, Hazzman and me up front with Lako and everyone else I have forgotten mucking about. There. Sorted.

But im always mucking about, can I do something different like play maker or water boy?

can i play in the hole? I love to play in the hole

I see your point about Berner, but I don't like playing players out of position. He was just about OK in Div 1 playing midfield, but he's a left back, has been for years. He's doing fine at LB this season, why change it?

You may well be right. Only suggested it because Berner seemed to take to the midfield spot so well that I assumed he was a utility player who could play both LB and MF.

I'd only suggested this change (Berner for midfield) primarily if it turned the midfield into a better, more effective unit that created more goals for the front two and because i) Berner's played there succesfully - thus not much of a gamble ii) that there seems to be an adequate replacement for him at LB. However I see what you are saying - someone playing as one of our best players at present probably should not be moved, especially if he has not been a midfielder before. I'd assumed he was a midfield/LB utility player.

Still leaves the question open then of how to come up with the best midfield unit because I don't think we have come across it yet and feel NP himself is not yet quite sure. It needs a change because I don't think the experiment of Gallagher floating around the midfield/attack/wing is working. If the midfield is to be Wellens/Oakley/ and ONE winger from Dyer/N'guessan/Gradel who would be the other midfielder? It only leaves King doesn't it? I come from the standpoint that 2 wingers is too much of a luxury. A midfield with both King and Oakley in it plus a winger (especially if its Dyer) as a whole looks a bit too lightweight. Might be worth a try though - perhaps until the January transfer window if it proves to not be strong enough.

Last edited:

You've never seen my record for TBFC....1 goal all season, Howard-esque. :icon_lol:

He has been very good at left back this season. Maybe a change in position is just what he needs.

Good plan.
Let's try him at left-back, I think he could do well there this season.

This team was suggested once when we were playing very badly under MA I think. :icon_bigg

Code:
may as well play this one 

=========webbo======== 

mad 
biker===dunc==steven==lazzer 

scowy===scarby==mk===malf 

teeno=====tricky 

subs 
ashov, joe, billy, samlj 

physio 
yorkshire vixen with the magic sponge

I love being inside....

This team was suggested once when we were playing very badly under MA I think. :icon_bigg

Code:
may as well play this one 

=========webbo======== 

mad 
biker===dunc==steven==lazzer 

scowy===scarby==mk===malf 

teeno=====tricky 

subs 
ashov, joe, billy, samlj 

physio 
yorkshire vixen with the magic sponge

I'm assuming Lazz has changed in shape since then :icon_lol:

What about Howard at centre-forward, Fryatt Inside-left, Waghorn inside-right, Dyer outside-left and Hugh Adcock at outiside-right?

Hugh Adcock - one of the finest players to come from north west Leicestershire. Even before my time, but well spoken about for many, many years.

He must have been quite a player. It reminds me of Brian Clough's comment in the 1980s when asked to compare John Barnes and Tom Finney - "About the same but then Tom Finney is about 70."

Was that not Bill Shankly?

Shankly played with Finney at Preston, didn't he?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670