Walker

Status
Not open for further replies.

lcfcrules

quoted on planetfootball saying he wants to battle for a new contract does that mean:
I love LCFC, would even take pay cut to stay with them beyond this season?
or
No one else is stupid enough to pay me this much so this is where I wanna stay, with these silly f*ckers?

Leicester's Ian Walker has admitted that he is worried about winning a new contract this summer after spending much of the season so far on the sidelines.

The veteran goalkeeper only recently returned for The Foxes, keeping a clean sheet in the FA Cup replay victory against Blackpool.

The former England international now wants to prove his worth in the last few months of his contract to earn a new deal.

"When your time is up and you are looking for a new contract, it goes through your mind what will happen if you're not fit," said Walker.

"That's been at the back of my mind ever since I was injured and I know I have a lot of hard work to do."

Personally I took it as he is committed and wants to stay, which I think is good news :)

Although I suppose if you're really skeptical, you could say that he never actually said a new contract with Leicester, maybe he just wants to work hard for a new contract elsewhere ;)

Yeah, they're a bit like dodgy oysters, you're never sure whether to swallow then or just ignore them.

Graz said:
Leicester's Ian Walker has admitted that he is worried about winning a new contract this summer after spending much of the season so far on the sidelines.

The veteran goalkeeper only recently returned for The Foxes, keeping a clean sheet in the FA Cup replay victory against Blackpool.

The former England international now wants to prove his worth in the last few months of his contract to earn a new deal.

"When your time is up and you are looking for a new contract, it goes through your mind what will happen if you're not fit," said Walker.

"That's been at the back of my mind ever since I was injured and I know I have a lot of hard work to do."

Personally I took it as he is committed and wants to stay, which I think is good news :)

Although I suppose if you're really skeptical, you could say that he never actually said a new contract with Leicester, maybe he just wants to work hard for a new contract elsewhere ;)

My thoughts exactly. Footballers are very careful these days with what they are saying so not to upset anyone.

Just imagine....Jens Lehmann is sold to Stuttgart, but he doesn't want to leave Arsenal. So in retaliation, he sprays Wenger in the eyes with CS Gas and heads off to Germany. With Wenger not seeing what he is doing, he asks his assisstant to call back the keeper from Leicester. The assisstant, being as thick as David Beckham's fishing welly's, signs Kevin Pressman and we end up keeping Stuart Taylor. :lol:

We can all dream, eh!

lcfcrules said:
quoted on planetfootball saying he wants to battle for a new contract does that mean:

Its a player way of anouncing publicly in the press that he is up for a new contract, at leicester or anywhere else. Hopefully we will match the money he will get else where and he will stay/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669