Woul You Accept Neil Warnock As Leicester Manager

• Yes Give the fecker a Chance

Votes: 52 40.0%
  • No He can Feck off

Votes: 78 60.0%

• Total voters

Status
Not open for further replies.
If it's Warnock then i'd be dissapointed because I think he is limited. I believe his management style relies too much upon 'up and at 'em' and lacks real tactical nouse. On a postive note it would be good to see a team with real fighting qualities and a never say die attitude. This has sadly been missing since the o'neill era.

It has been proven this season that the never say die attitude is not good enough alone to hold onto a premiership place. In the championship Warnock would be o.k but i don't believe he would have what it takes for the premier.

My take is that MM's likely strategy is to get the club into the premiership and then sell it on anyway. Why do I say that? Because:
1. That's what he did with Pompey
2. He doesn't or can't spend the sort of money associated with buying success in the Premiership
3. He is 68 after all

Therefore, if my scenario is right then Warnock would be a good bet to get us into the Premiership.....and then let a new owner and manager take it from there.

In the short term as you imply - what you call the ' up and at 'em' approach would be just right. Unfortunately, the players who Warnock would inherit don't look to me if they have got that attitude to give everything for the club - so big changes would be necessary.

Ahhhhh pigs will fly

images

Last edited by a moderator:
Now that is what is needed in our dressing room! Wake our shower of sh*te up!

Agree ... had that been a video of RK ... all you would have heard was 'well done lads, smashing' 'now come on lads, u know I think your all a smashing bunch, but lets just carry on as we are, and we can all go back home thinking we've done a smashing job'

Get him in quick, would be a brilliant appointment!

:038: NEIL WARNOCK'S BLUE & WHITE ARMY :038:

im pretty sure he isnt the only manager who has had a go at his players.

He's too close to his pension, wont care imo
Didnt he also give us quite a bit of stick when we were administration

coleman please

He's too close to his pension, wont care imo

Didnt he also give us quite a bit of stick when we were administration

coleman please

Although he said he has a lot of hunger left for the game? :102:

Didn't everyone? :102:

I'd rather have ketchup. ;)

Looks nailed on to me , although im not in favour we may just have to trust MM
I find it hard to believe that MM is stating he has not talked to anyone yet!, but has promised an appointment by the end of May.

I watched Warnock at his "leaving conference", he stated live on SSN "I swear on my kids lives that i have not talked to any clubs"

I think we are making one assumption too many here, what makes anyone think that he wants to be manager here?

Warnock is a lot of things, most of which have been listed in detail over the previous pages, however, I suspect that stupid isn't one of them.

He will know only too well from his visits here and from what has been said to him and about him in the past, as to excatly what the fans of LCFC think about him.

Would any self respecting manager take a job at a club where he is so reviled.

Last edited:
Suits me, he's not ince

If it's Warnock then i'd be dissapointed because I think he is limited. I believe his management style relies too much upon 'up and at 'em' and lacks real tactical nouse. On a postive note it would be good to see a team with real fighting qualities and a never say die attitude. This has sadly been missing since the o'neill era.

It has been proven this season that the never say die attitude is not good enough alone to hold onto a premiership place. In the championship Warnock would be o.k but i don't believe he would have what it takes for the premier.
I think your point is proven in the final match against Wigan, they didn't perform in the first half and the manager couldn't inspire them in the second. In fact he had no idea how to change things tactically to get back into the match. They dominated the the 15 mins. by firing the ball directly into the penalty area and hoping a chance would arise from it. That is how Warnocks sides have played over the years. And I for one don't want to see that happen here. Also looking at our players I don't think there are many, if any at all, that you would call Warnock type of players. So it could take us the same 7 years to get up that it took Sheff.Utd.I suffer from a bad back and have this unfortunaate feeling that if I decide to renew my ST I'll also have bad neck unless I can change and sit at the back of the stand.

Last edited:
The more I think about it, the more I want him here..........

I do hate the bloke to ****, but I think he'd be good for us........

What the hell am I talking about..........:icon_roll :frown: :icon_lol:

The more I think about it, the more I want him here..........

I do hate the bloke to ****, but I think he'd be good for us........

What the hell am I talking about..........:icon_roll :frown: :icon_lol:

go and fill yourself with sugar and behave.......:018:

All pointless anyway really.

Think back a few years...when O'Neill left,Taylor came top in all the fan polls as to who should be in next,so what the hell do we know?

Also there's a lot of ridiculous crap being talked here about not going to games or not renewing season tickets if Warnock gets the job.

FFS!

I can't stand the geezer either,but i'm a LEICESTER CITY fan...i'd still support them if Satan was manager & Osama Bin Laden put up the money!
Whoever gets it we all have to back him as soon as the ink is dry on the contract.
I've already had a nightmare come true when Harry f*****g Bassett took over.
I now spend ten minutes every day trying to brainwash myself into forgetting that the monumental tosser ever had any connection with my beloved club.BUT i still supported the team every second he was in charge.
I'm knocking on a bit now so I can recall with horror the memories of Taylor,Pleat(YEARS in the wilderness!!),Hamilton & McLintock (a whole decade of misery piled into one awful season) This is the lot of any City fan...best just to embrace it.
Whatever might happen under Warnock or whoever else gets in it'll just be another chapter,it'll begin,run its course & then end...just like it does for all clubs without vast resources.
For us,we have to enjoy the Gillies,Bloomfields & O'Neills & then sweat it out through the McLintocks,Pleats & Taylors.It's just the way things are...it's the club that counts.

Anyway...Stuart Pearce.

End of.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673