Post Match Watford 2 Leicester 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last season we were punching well above our weight and our incredible team spirit, and failings by the usual big boys, carried us over the line.

Most Olympic gold medallists will tell you that the only only thing harder than winning your first gold medal is trying to defend your title and win the second one 4 years later.

I think even if we had been able to keep Kante we would be struggling a bit to keep last year's momentum going.

Teams are playing deeper. Refs do not let Morgan and Huth 'defend' in the way they had become accustomed to etc.

Claudio and player recruitment advisers are obviously not prepared to just go and buy midfielders and defenders unless they believe they match our ethos, work rate etc.

The new players that have come in need time to adjust, just like Vardy and Mahrez needed when they first arrived.

This year looks what most people thought it would look like - mid-table in the league and a good run out in the Champions League. I will be happy with that while the owners budget for long term growth and strengthening of the club.
Could'nt agree more however the African Cup of Nations will help us imo CR has good players at his disposal January will force him to pick a settled team.

We dont need to panick just yet 3 wins can change everything however if we are not careful it could become a relegation battle. You ate right that if we kept Cante we would not be a the top but we would defo be top 8/6 right now. Midfield is a casm right now and needs rsctifying in January

We'll lose Amartey, Schlupp, Slimani and Mahrez. We have plenty of options in the wide and forward positions. It's central midfield that could be a problem, if Mendy isn't fit by then.

Jeff may be a West Brom player by then.

Gray and Kapustka can get some run in place of Mahrez.

King can cover for amartey but we'll be getting someone else in during the transfer period anyway.

So the real problem is Slimani cover. We could continue to go small with Musa and Vardy (which hasn't worked out so well yet). We could keep Ulloa but considering he didn't even make the bench yesterday I think he's on his way elsewhere in January (unfortunately) so we'll be needing an attacker who can head and control the ball in January too. Who'd have thought we might need another attacker? I think it'll be an error to sell Ulloa.

Jeff may be a West Brom player by then.

Gray and Kapustka can get some run in place of Mahrez.

King can cover for amartey but we'll be getting someone else in during the transfer period anyway.

So the real problem is Slimani cover. We could continue to go small with Musa and Vardy (which hasn't worked out so well yet). We could keep Ulloa but considering he didn't even make the bench yesterday I think he's on his way elsewhere in January (unfortunately) so we'll be needing an attacker who can head and control the ball in January too. Who'd have thought we might need another attacker? I think it'll be an error to sell Ulloa.

Apparently Slimani had a slight groin problem and Ulloa had a back problem. That's why they were not in the squad yesterday.

Apparently Slimani had a slight groin problem and Ulloa had a back problem. That's why they were not in the squad yesterday.

There must be more to it than that. There's no way a player can actually be injured...

100+ posts and no player ratings!?!

You lot are as shite as the team.

Mel B - 2, becoming 1

Sean Conlon - 5, doesn't look like he can get up for it.

Simon Webb - 7, the only one worthy of being a Blue

Kerry Katona - 3, looked pissed

Robbie Williams - 4, not interested in being part of the team.

Franz Carr - 2, can barely recognise him.

H from Steps - 1, time to hang up his boots and go into management.

PJ - 5, linked well with Duncan.

Duncan - 5, linked well with PJ.

Brian Harvey - 3, ran himself over to the away fans at the end and applauded.

Rachel Stevens - 7, didn't stop movin'.

Mel B - 2, becoming 1

Sean Conlon - 5, doesn't look like he can get up for it.

Simon Webb - 7, the only one worthy of being a Blue

Kerry Katona - 3, looked pissed

Robbie Williams - 4, not interested in being part of the team.

Franz Carr - 2, can barely recognise him.

H from Steps - 1, time to hang up his boots and go into management.

PJ - 5, linked well with Duncan.

Duncan - 5, linked well with PJ.

Brian Harvey - 3, ran himself over to the away fans at the end and applauded.

Rachel Stevens - 7, didn't stop movin'.

I'm not going to google any of that lot and have Mawsley and pork pie take the piss out of me!

week after week I still cannot believe this is more or less the same team as last season,they seem to be getting worse,whats happened to all the sped we had in the team,they are not fast going forward and certainly no fast going back what a bloody shambles

week after week I still cannot believe this is more or less the same team as last season,they seem to be getting worse,whats happened to all the sped we had in the team,they are not fast going forward and certainly no fast going back what a bloody shambles

We are having to sit deeper as a result of Cante Mahrez and Albrighton/Musa are deeper and we cannot press as high as we would have liked to a quality CM is a priority IMHO the pace is still there we just cant utilise it as well, I knew we would feel the pain of Cante leaving but not quite as much as this!

We are having to sit deeper as a result of Cante Mahrez and Albrighton/Musa are deeper and we cannot press as high as we would have liked to a quality CM is a priority IMHO the pace is still there we just cant utilise it as well, I knew we would feel the pain of Cante leaving but not quite as much as this!

That's bollox in my opinion. Just an easy excuse.

Mentally to many of our players think they are "big stars" now. They aren't putting the persistent and continual effort in that they did last season and they are playing differently because they are "stars". Our game was about harrassing the opposition 100%of the time - not 80 or 90 and moving the ball forward quickly when the opportunity arose. What we're doing is playing hard inconsistently and passing the ball around as though we're Pep's players.

That's bollox in my opinion. Just an easy excuse.

Mentally to many of our players think they are "big stars" now. They aren't putting the persistent and continual effort in that they did last season and they are playing differently because they are "stars"

I fear there is more than a little bit of truth in this.

We have of course also changed the way we play having lost Kante. The opposition may also stop us playing the way that brought us success last year.

I do wonder how unsettling the big money contracts and interest from more established clubs has been.

Maybe they've been told not to, because they need to be able to play more matches this season.

By Whom?

Ranieri.

"Heya guys, donna try to hard today, dilly ding, dilly dong"

I don't see that at all. He is exhorting them to push up to players on the pitch. That would make him a 2 faced liar. nah!

By Whom?

Ranieri.

"Heya guys, donna try to hard today, dilly ding, dilly dong"

I don't see that at all. He is exhorting them to push up to players on the pitch. That would make him a 2 faced liar. nah!

Last season they gave everything every game. Some of the players were totally knackered by the end of the match. They've had a lot more games to play so far this season, so it's obvious they won't be able to put the same amount into every game. It's about getting the balance right, which hasn't happened this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669