Watford Post Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
From Rowett's description the interpreter sounds like he was man of the match

Hume's goal was an absolute cracker, De Vries played well all game, Sheehan did pretty well on the left.

But the real difference between us and Watford was that we had so many different ways of attack - Watford were very limited. No doubting the commitment and team spirit MA's got going, either.

Never a penalty, though.

Last edited:
Came on very late, of course, when it was all over, really. But looks like he's got the potential to be really dangerous - he's quick, particularly at changing direction.

Brilliant second half performance :038:

Nobody outstanding, but apart from De Vries every single one of them did a good solid job.

Dour - Sorry mate, don't know what you saw, I thought De Vries was utter toss. Couldn't head, kick, pass, shoot, dribble, stand up, control it, and until the final few minutes I would have added that he couldn't score either.

Apart from De Vries it was bloody superb.

It was 5-2

Must be the best since we beat Leeds 4-0

Yes it is.

Last time we scored 4 was the 4-2 win over Sheffield Utd in Nov 06.
Last time we won by 3 clear goals was v Cov***** last season

I thought De Vries was utter toss. Couldn't head, kick, pass, shoot, dribble, stand up, control it, and until the final few minutes I would have added that he couldn't score either.

Apart from De Vries it was bloody superb.

If De Vries comes up with an assist and a goal every game, I'll put up with 88 minutes of pish from him.

Best 2nd half performance I've seen for a long time

Feckin' wonderful stuff

And De vries might be a completely shite hopeless footballer, but his commitment and effort was truly outstanding

The 'real' footballers around him were superb

:038: :038: :038:

and i quite liked the Chelsea dagger thing :icon_redf

If De Vries comes up with an assist and a goal every game, I'll put up with 88 minutes of pish from him.
I'd rather replace him with somebody else that might contribute a bit more.

Anyway, we scored 4 goals including one from MDV, that's all that counts. He's still ****ing usless though.

Indeed Homer, the Chelsea Dagger doo wop worked well.

Last edited:
Looks like Mandaric got his team selections and tactics spot on today, well done Milan :icon_lol:

Excellent performance, I've not left the Walkers feeling that buzzing for a hell of a long time. Thought every City player played really well, from Fulop to De Vries.

Kaebi looked very promising when he came on, Sheehan really impressed today, IMO he was our MOTM.

Top performance, roll on Tuesday. :038:

Good all round performance. I thought we were playing shite until we scored the first goal, it was against the run of play. In fact I was talking to AZ on the phone saying we were being over run when Hume scored.

They all played well today but Weslowski should stick to one position instead of wandering off and expecting Clemence to cover for him.

and in the stats posted earlier in the thread it says we had 6 players booked...................:102: I can only recall DJ being booked for us

Still in shock! Brilliant game, although in the first half I thought they might shade it as they were so big and aggressive, and we're a bit skinny, so we got pushed off the ball a lot. Second half, I almost didn't dare to hope. Then I did. And then I was pure amazed. Not totally sure about Fulop - he needs to boss the area a bit more. Reffing as usual p poor, in fact, unbelievably bad at times, and what was all the time added on for? And the peno? And 11 yellow cards????
Several lovely handbag fights.
Kaebi looks skinny but very skilled and shrewd. Sheehan was a bit of an eye-opener after his bad showing last time - he was good.
Wonderful goal from Hume, wonderful 30-yarder from Clemence (?) which bounced off the top bar. Campbell not yet fully impressive. Back four now seems to be gelling well. I liked Clarke. Weso played his socks off, and I think had one come off the bar, too.
Can't believe how wonderful that was.
And the clincher for me was the Kop finally singing 'Martin Allen's Blue and White Army'
That's how good it was.

cracking second half performance, Weso man of the match for me but plenty to choose from, De Vries looked clumsy today but cant fault his effort, i cant say that DJ played to great either. I will quit whinging though we 4-1 :icon_bigg

atmosphere was good today, L1 were nice and loud and the kop looked like they were hving fun too :)

Probably been posted, but from sportinglife.com: "A wonderful piece of trickery by Hossein Kaebi bamboozled the Watford defence" - sounds promising!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669