Watford snap up Williams

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, bit it is clearly stated elsewhere on this forum, that "not a lot" can happen whilst MM has an interest. Don't want to turn this into another MM thread so that's me done on that matter

Me neither mate so lets just all agree that he doesn't have an interest anymore and leave it at that.:mad:

To be honest, as worried as I will be if he isn't replaced, the only players I would be gutted about losing are Hume, Kisnorbo and Fryatt, I think Fryatt has alot of potential under a decent manager. Oh and possibly mcauley

I didn't realise Williams was holding this club together, I thought he was a lazy work shy fecker that only played for a contract. Maybe he should have been paid more then :102:

its not the fact its williams necessarily, its the fact we already have the smallest squad in the divisoon and we are getting shot of a player (unique to this squad) at the last second with no real time to get a replacement in.

Tiatto, Hughes, Johnson, Wesolowski, Hume (?), all 5 can play central mid

Cad or Elvis on the right

The thing that people forget is that hume has played a lot of his career as an attacking midfielder it was only when he came to us that he played as a striker all the time imo he would make a great replacement for williams

I'm not convinced he's as good as he thinks he is at times Duzza, look at where we are in the table.

I agree hes no world beater but he is the only player in our team who can unlock a defence. like i say im not bothered its williams more that we are selling someone too late to replace them and the squad is already threadbare. coupled with the fact we dont have another similar player.

its not the fact its williams necessarily, its the fact we already have the smallest squad in the divisoon and we are getting shot of a player (unique to this squad) at the last second with no real time to get a replacement in.
I see that point and it's difficult to argue other than

a) MM's gone and we ned to save money as the board now realise what they've done and the financial trouble they are left in by not welcoming MM with the courtesy that he deserved

b) Making way for new loanees as MM is waiting in the wings

c) It's just a rumour and he's still a City player

Last edited:
Will the last one out of the Walkers Stadium please turn out the lights

The only midfielder within our squad with a creative bone in his body. Stuck with the injury prone and generally poor Weso, the lightweight incompetent Hughes and the appalling mess that is Andy Johnson. If Tiatto is injured or suspended (!) we might as well hand over the three points altogether

Three points from relegation and a mere six points from the bottom of the league. And the chasing pack are closing in

We are well and truly fecked

Will the last one out of the Walkers Stadium please turn out the lights

The only midfielder within our squad with a creative bone in his body. Stuck with the injury prone and generally poor Weso, the lightweight incompetent Hughes and the appalling mess that is Andy Johnson. If Tiatto is injured or suspended (!) we might as well hand over the three points altogether

Three points from relegation and a mere six points from the bottom of the league. And the chasing pack are closing in

We are well and truly fecked

thankyou!

I'm suddenly dreading today. Saw the film 'Old Joy' last night, it was good. Didn't think of MM for a whole 2 hours.

Just read the article again, its only the times who believe he has gone to Watford, its not been announced yet, so lets just wait and see if its true, that he is actually leaving, or it could just be he is leaving in the summer :102:

I think I might go and stick my head in a bucket :(

I normally try to stay positive, but I just can't even do that. This club needs completely sweeping out from top to bottom and I fear the man with the brush has done a runner.

We don't know a fraction of whats going on.

Seems to fuel the story that we will be well and truely skint by Feb, wer've started to look down the side of the settee now, desperate

MM has to be involved in the players going out, He buying into some thing that's getting rid of it's fixtures and fittings.....players are fairly significant fixtures of a club

We don't know a fraction of whats going on.

Seems to fuel the story that we will be well and truely skint by Feb, wer've started to look down the side of the settee now, desperate

MM has to be involved in the players going out, He buying into some thing that's getting rid of it's fixtures and fittings.....players are fairly significant fixtures of a club

Makes the decision to offer a new contract to Henderson seem strange if there was a chance of prem teams coming in for him.

I think this is a strong indication that the MM deal is dead. He would surely want final say on who stays and who goes. I would just like to add that we are not dead yet but certainly on deaths door. Last rights are probably most certainly being read.

Goodbye LCFC how we loved thee.

No its not. we're (possible) getting rid of one our highest earners, that will be leaving for nothing in the summber.

How does that relate to the MM deal being dead?

Imagine if the day starts with Williams leaving and ends with Todorov, MM, Holland and McLeod coming in......Ahhhhhh, happiness.... Really should stop sniffing this early.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669