Pre Match Watford v Leicester City

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Watford vs leicester city

If any changes, I'd put Kane in for Wood.
As regards young Jeff, people are over looking the fact that his passing/crossing was of a higher quality than PK's has been in the last few months.

Should have seen my boxers, still not washed from Forest and wore last night and ready for the big one.

What, you are going to drop a chocolate anchor in your grundies?

Schmeichel

De Laet Morgan Keane Konchesky

Drinkwater James King

Nugent

Kane Schlupp

Subs: Logan, St. Ledger, Moore, Dyer, Knockaert, Wood, Danns/Wellens.

I think playing 4-4-2 against them at their place is unnecessarily risky. We have a lead, they are the ones under pressure. We need to hold our nerve and exploit the match situation. We need De Laet/Konchesky to hold their positions unless/until we need to chase a goal. We should sit deep first half and we have the option of Dyer/Knockaert in the latter stages to stretch them. We also need central midfield cover on the bench if at all possible.

Schmeichel

De Laet Morgan Keane Konchesky

Drinkwater James King

Nugent

Kane Schlupp

Subs: Logan, St. Ledger, Moore, Dyer, Knockaert, Wood, Danns/Wellens.

I think playing 4-4-2 against them at their place is unnecessarily risky. We have a lead, they are the ones under pressure. We need to hold our nerve and exploit the match situation. We need De Laet/Konchesky to hold their positions unless/until we need to chase a goal. We should sit deep first half and we have the option of Dyer/Knockaert in the latter stages to stretch them. We also need central midfield cover on the bench if at all possible.

I agree......4-4-2 Defensive Counter-attack is the typical "Italian Game" & unless we are better at this than the opposition, then we should stick to our own style of play. But ok.....In Pea Son we trust!

Breaking up the current midfield and giving King and James even more workload and force them into wider positions in a 3-man midfield doesn't sound like a particularly good idea to me.

surely we cant go narrow against a team with wing backs ?

the threat of dyer in the first half kept anya back thereafter. thats the main reason why dyer was ineffective going forward in the second. we need to keep their wing backs occupied to nullify their attacking threat which is spreading the play wide and getting in behind. if anything i would consider playing 5 across the middle with nugent's role from thurs becoming a more definite midfield position. if we have pace out wide then maybe we dont need two up front against a side that have to win.

Last edited:

Kane for Wood seems popular and likely, id also like to see Schlupp in a more forward role, we must be wary of the attacks from wide. Keep your nerve boys, Nuge to score first then a penalty equiliser. Id be more than happy with 1-1 and a trip to the "new Wembley"

I think he'll stick with Wood myself. However poor he played on Thursday (and for some time now), Pearson knows what he's capable of. Can't see why he'd risk going with Kane when he's barely started this season, but I may be wrong.

I hope he sticks with Jeff at left-back too. He looked nervous and made mistakes the other night but he's a better option than Konchesky, who was nothing short of a complete disaster in that league game against Anya. He'll be more settled this time I'd have thought.

It's going to be a nervy afternoon whatever happens, but an early (or even just the first) goal could kill things off so nicely. Can't wait.

Breaking up the current midfield and giving King and James even more workload and force them into wider positions in a 3-man midfield doesn't sound like a particularly good idea to me.

But, but, but it worked on Championship Manager, so it's bound to work in the biggest game of the season

I put Logan on as centre forward once and he scored. We might try that as well

A nice misty Autumn morning by the sea here. I have 13.5 hours to kill.

Most probably having to watch it at a Returning Seviceman's League club, only place I know locally that has Setanta.

C'mon CITEH!!!1111!!!!!! Please..

We've never lost a playoff away leg.

So excited about this one. Hoping for an open game with plenty of goals, with more for Leicester than Watford of course. Worst thing that could happen would be an early Watford goal. The longest it goes without them scoring, the more pressure they will feel. Hoping we can grab a goal early on and really allow us to express ourselves and take a great spell of form into the final. Also, 0-0 was the perfect result for the other semi-final. No team getting on a roll and a tough, hard, and testing second leg.

Come on Leicester!!!!!!!

Come on Leicester. One game away from a glorious return to my childhood and a real crack at ending 10 years of pain and average football.

Nervous as ever and feeling oddly desperate, where's Homer when you need him?

I'm here, Lako

Just finishing off my notes about all the ticketing stuff. Another couple of hours should do it

Come on Leicester. One game away from a glorious return to my childhood and a real crack at ending 10 years of pain and average football.

Nervous as ever and feeling oddly desperate, where's Homer when you need him?

Exactly how I'm feeling. I thought those days were gone. I've got a driving lesson before the match. I'll probably crash.

I'm very nervous for this game. Desperate for it to get to kick off time! Woke up at 8 excited for the game.

Hopefully we can do it. Think we're in for an emotional rollercoaster afternoon again. I think Watford will score, so we need to make sure we stay strong. Early goal for us would be brilliant.

Dreading the game in a way just wish it could all be over with. It's going to be a nervous couple of hours, hope we can get the first goal.

COYF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570