Pre Match Watford v Leicester City

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get into them early like last time. With a goal, and then see it out. And brighton awaits at wembley imo.

This thread just serves to confirm how distant I am from the club of my youth.

Firstly, I had no idea when I woke up that this match was on today. Then, after reading it, I realised I felt nothing at all about the impending fixture.

After years of season tickets and away matches. Fights, police, beer, chants, friends, trains and hobbling to games on crutches...nothing. Zip. Nada. I have nothing more than a 'hmm, I may watch this on a stream'. But I may not.

Like a sham of a marriage, one of us turns out to be gay for someone else while the other had been ****ing around for years.

Stupid pricing, idiotic fixture moving, sanitised events, corporate involvement, dumbfuck owners, endless shite signings, money pissed away, alienation of fans.

And here am I and, I guess, I cant really describe myself as a City fan anymore. In turn, I can't have a go at the club or the Trust anymore either. Unless it's funny.

Good luck, Foxes, I hope those with tickets have a smashing day out and you all get to Wembley but I'll not be jumping on any wagon.

It's odd but I don't even feel sad at this realisation. In good news, not being a Trust member means they remain in double figures. Two is double one, after all.

Soon to arrive at Watford junction. Nervous doesn't really cover it. No idea how it will play out. Low expectation but high hope - a terrible combination... Come on Leicester.

Firstly, I had no idea when I woke up that this match was on today. Then, after reading it, I realised I felt nothing at all about the impending fixture.

After years of season tickets and away matches. Fights, police, beer, chants, friends, trains and hobbling to games on crutches...nothing. Zip. Nada. I have nothing more than a 'hmm, I may watch this on a stream'. But I may not.

Like a sham of a marriage, one of us turns out to be gay for someone else while the other had been ****ing around for years.

Stupid pricing, idiotic fixture moving, sanitised events, corporate involvement, dumbfuck owners, endless shite signings, money pissed away, alienation of fans.

And here am I and, I guess, I cant really describe myself as a City fan anymore. In turn, I can't have a go at the club or the Trust anymore either. Unless it's funny.

Good luck, Foxes, I hope those with tickets have a smashing day out and you all get to Wembley but I'll not be jumping on any wagon.

It's odd but I don't even feel sad at this realisation. In good news, not being a Trust member means they remain in double figures. Two is double one, after all.

You're on the wrong forum. This is a forum for Leicester fans, not self obsessed depressives.

You're on the wrong forum. This is a forum for Leicester fans, not self obsessed depressives.

I was about to post something similar. I would guess that if he feels that way then he either isn't born and bred Leicester or perhaps never really cared that much.

I was about to post something similar. I would guess that if he feels that way then he either isn't born and bred Leicester or perhaps never really cared that much.

Or is just trying to get a response. I'm sure he woke up pissed and will take it all back when he joins the queue for Wembley tickets!

You've stepped out of the cave, Mawsley. You've seen the real world and you've come back to enlighten us, the prisoners, but we don't understand, because we have only seen the shadows on the wall all our lives. We think the illusion - modern football - is real and we are too afraid to let go of it. To you, life in our cave is pitiful compared to the outside world; to us, the cave is our safety, it's all we ever knew.

I've seen glimpses of the real world, Maws, but with a play-off final one game away, I'm just not strong enough. The cave is so warm and cozy right now. So all together now: que será, será...

You've stepped out of the cave, Mawsley. You've seen the real world and you've come back to enlighten us, the prisoners, but we don't understand, because we have only seen the shadows on the wall all our lives. We think the illusion - modern football - is real and we are too afraid to let go of it. To you, life in our cave is pitiful compared to the outside world; to us, the cave is our safety, it's all we ever knew.

I've seen glimpses of the real world, Maws, but with a play-off final one game away, I'm just not strong enough. The cave is so warm and cozy right now. So all together now: que será, será...

How very eloquent, Swedefox!

Personally I think he´s just depressed `cos Cate wouldn´t let him come round & sort out her front garden:unlove:

Finding out that football is not more important than life and death (sorry Shanks!), is part of growing up but, how anyone who has ever felt the exhilaration of a Leicester City triumph, can feel nothing today is beyond me. I have tried to curb my feelings by saying that failure should at least see NP's demise: it hasn't worked!

Allez les bleus! Go out and hit Watford for six: even if I have to put up with the manager for another season!! :038::038::038:

Finding out that football is not more important than life and death (sorry Shanks!), is part of growing up but, how anyone who has ever felt the exhilaration of a Leicester City triumph, can feel nothing today is beyond me. I have tried to curb my feelings by saying that failure should at least see NP's demise: it hasn't worked!

Allez les bleus! Go out and hit Watford for six: even if I have to put up with the manager for another season!! :038::038::038:

I was interested in the score, that's it. I'm not trying to enlighten anyone, it's not self-centred, simply that I realised today that if I felt nothing about the match then I really couldn't consider myself a fan any more. I never knew some would get so bent about it. Sorry for bringing something up on a public forum that is all about discussion. :icon_roll

Yeah but we've won about as many home play-off games at the City Ground as you bunch of no hopers.

That explains it, now I know why we never see a decent contribution from you regarding LCFC, only hilariously sarcastic and repetitive shite week in week out, I suggest you stick to the general chat part of the forum.

That explains it, now I know why we never see a decent contribution from you regarding LCFC, only hilariously sarcastic and repetitive shite week in week out, I suggest you stick to the general chat part of the forum.

Screen shot 2013-05-12 at 20.23.09.png

Be sure to let me know when I should start giving a shit what some half-sharp twat who is unable to stop reading things he doesn't like thinks. :thumbs_up

I'll continue to post anywhere and anything I ****ing well like.

Last edited by a moderator:
Some people need to get some perspective, it's a game people can fall in and out of love with, I know I have on several occasions. Following city this season has been a total rollercoaster and the administration of the club has gone from plain silly to absolutely moronic, including such highlights as a CEO who can spend time dousing the stadium in 'holy water' but fail to support staff during manic ticket sales.

Some people need to get some perspective, it's a game people can fall in and out of love with, I know I have on several occasions. Following city this season has been a total rollercoaster and the administration of the club has gone from plain silly to absolutely moronic, including such highlights as a CEO who can spend time dousing the stadium in 'holy water' but fail to support staff during manic ticket sales.

Personally I try to remove myself from the shit in the game, but sometimes its hard to ignore the idiot fans, appalling mismanagement of clubs and the grotesque amount of money being thrown around.

We support our club differently, from Mawsley to Jas, we've all got one thing in common.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566