Speculation Wayne Routledge

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think only 3 more signings are needed- a goal scorer,another winger and another right back. If we are being greedy maybe a new targetman too.

I think another left-back is needed for sure as back-up for Konchesky and possibly another centre-back, though I assume Ball and Vitor will be them, but yes, I agree a goalscoring striker, a right-back and a winger are the main concerns.

Last edited:
I think only 3 more signings are needed- a goal scorer,another winger and another right back. If we are being greedy maybe a new targetman too.

So Nugent, Vassell, Waghorn, Howard, Gallagher, Dyer, Moussa, Kermogant, Schlupp and N'Guessan not enough?

Absolutely none of them fill me with confidence as being a goalscoring striker and Dyer and N'Guessan are the only wingers there and yes, N'Guessan is definitely not good enough.

So Nugent, Vassell, Waghorn, Howard, Gallagher, Dyer, Moussa, Kermogant, Schlupp and N'Guessan not good enough?

Pretty much.

I agree on the winger and striker. I'm assuming Ball will sign, and if we get Mee and Vitor too then I think defence is sorted.

I'd personally like another centre mid too, someone more defensive. Hargreaves would be fine by me.

Last edited:
I agree on the winger and striker. I'm assuming Ball will sign, and if we get Mee and Vitor too then I think defence is sorted.

Have to agree with DD on this, we do need another RB as well. We only have one who is currently unproven at this level.

It sounds like Mee might not return because Sven wouldn't be able to guarantee regular first team football but I would definitely have him back.

Have to agree with DD on this, we do need another RB as well. We only have one who is currently unproven at this level.

I think if we got Mee and Vitor, Vitor could act as right back cover as well.

A Spurs fan the other day told me that our interest in Naughton hasn't gone away... although I don't know if there was anything to that.

no in reponse to mike!

Obviously my tongue was not far enough in my cheek! Teams like F*rest would love to have the up front squad people we have, and if we did not land Maynard, we would still have a very strong squad.

I think if we got Mee and Vitor, Vitor could act as right back cover as well.

A Spurs fan the other day told me that our interest in Naughton hasn't gone away... although I don't know if there was anything to that.

Someone on another forum reckoned we were after Chris Gunter, probably bollocks though. I think Vitor only played a couple of games at RB last season, looked really good in one and a bit out of place in the other, would rather we had a natural RB in there myself, but hey, it may not be the end of the world if Vitor can settle into that position.

What about? I thought all he said was "his agent is pushing him to City, sit tight and wait"?

Pretty impressive insight for an ex-babycare person come apprentice electrician who knows a groundsman.

Seriously, rumours of the divine status of this person are somewhat overblown. He is not the messiah, he's a very boring boy.

Swansea City have made an increased bid of around £1.8m for Newcastle United winger Wayne Routledge.

Newcastle last week rejected the Premier League newcomers' initial £1.5m offer but Swans boss Brendan Rodgers has confirmed there is a new offer.

"We've had a couple of bids that have gone in," said Rodgers, who is hoping to make his fourth summer signing.

"We think he would fit into our style and excite our supporters. We will wait to see if we can agree a deal."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/14104170.stm

SSN saying that Swansea have had a bid accepted by Newcastle.

Will sign for leicester tomorrow. Flying to austria to meet up with the team tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566