We are STILL Premier League!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jb5000

attachment.php

Did anyone ever send this pic into Viz?

glyn

Apparently only 4 teams in all of the big 5 European leagues have scored more points than us in last 7 games: PSG, Borussia M, Barca and Real. Not bad company.

SJN-Fox

The Great Escape is on Ch 5 now. See. Even the programme planners knew.

camberwell fox

Only 3 of the 76 that tried to escape managed to get away though.

Yes but re titling the film 'a rather mediocre escape with very limited success' doesn't quite have the same ring to it does it?

Rock Fox

Yes but re titling the film 'a rather mediocre escape with very limited success' doesn't quite have the same ring to it does it?

True, but a TB poster (was it Homer? Can't find the original) at the beginning of this 'Magnifcent Seven' wins said the run-in would be the stuff of legend. The mass escape and the film that dramatised it are also legend. For years to come; managers, captains and players that are struggling to escape from the bottom of table will point to City and will rally the troops with a cry - "it can be done!" Merely because the chance of escape has a 'very limited success' makes the acheivement of those that made it even more remarkable.
Let's hope that City don't have to dig themselves out of a hole again next year!

fitz

Not really. It's a pointless exercise to be fair but he has a weird thing again Pearson and doesn't factor in the fact that teams near the bottom are likely to fight more than those mid table.

Aye, but in fairness Wigan being at the top table is very much a Bostock's Cup piece.

Mawsley

A very objective view from the Wigan camp on what is the greatest escape;

http://www.wigan.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=400080

Electricity
Wigan has struggled to understand the 'wizard magic' for decades whereas Pliny and Thales both visited Leicester to give power pointing lectures on the topic.
Wigan 1 - 9 Leicester

Not Being Grim
Leicester has some choice parts of the city that wouldn't feature on a postcard but Wigan had a show made about their unattractiveness in all forms.
Wigan 0 - 7 Leicester

Money
As the ginger **** never stopped pointing out, Wigan are home to paupers and love nothing more than whinging about it.
Wigan 0 - 10 Leicester

Google
With a mere 34,100,000 results, Wigan pales to a Google search for Leicester - that has 96,300,000 results
Wigan 2 - 10 Leicester

Being a region of the country where I was born and lived
Never have I, nor will I be, born in Wigan. I've no plans on moving there either so it looks like Wigan loses this one too.
Wigan 0 - 10 Leicester

So, there we have it - Leicester's great escape is far better than anyone else's in the history of everything.

Blaarev

Electricity
Wigan has struggled to understand the 'wizard magic' for decades whereas Pliny and Thales both visited Leicester to give power pointing lectures on the topic.
Wigan 1 - 9 Leicester

Not Being Grim
Leicester has some choice parts of the city that wouldn't feature on a postcard but Wigan had a show made about their unattractiveness in all forms.
Wigan 0 - 7 Leicester

Money
As the ginger **** never stopped pointing out, Wigan are home to paupers and love nothing more than whinging about it.
Wigan 0 - 10 Leicester

Google
With a mere 34,100,000 results, Wigan pales to a Google search for Leicester - that has 96,300,000 results
Wigan 2 - 10 Leicester

Never have I, nor will I be, born in Wigan. I've no plans on moving there either so it looks like Wigan loses this one too.
Wigan 0 - 10 Leicester

So, there we have it - Leicester's great escape is far better than anyone else's in the history of everything.
Far more objective. I love it!

Blue Maniac

Alzheimers sufferer
Electricity
Wigan 1 - 9 Leicester

Not Being Grim
Wigan 0 - 7 Leicester

Money
Wigan 0 - 10 Leicester

Google
Wigan 2 - 10 Leicester

Wigan 0 - 10 Leicester

Exactly as objective and exactly as important :icon_lol:

Orifice

The Monday after we beat Man U 5-3 a United fan that works at my company was fuming and whilst being very irate bet me for £1000 that 'We'll (Man U) finish top four and you'll (Leicester) be relegated'.

I'm not a big betting man and would not have wagered £1000. I told him basically to calm down. Anyway, there was no way that even if United manged to get top four that we'd go down. We'd just outplayed and beaten the mighty Man U.

I'd not dared mentioning any of this to him during March and hoped he'd forgotten it all. Anyhow, he's been far more respectful recently but in a way I wish now I'd taken him up on the bet!

Staying Up: Never in doubt (ish).

Leicester don't really do mid-table mediocrity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669