We are Thai'd on for Promotion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

sparky79

There, i've said it.
- Sven is reported to have a ten million budget. Massive in the current climate in the championship.
- Big players will want to play under him.
-The Thai's have set there stall out and brought in a massive character - showing their intent.
- The base of our squad (save for PS's additions) is the one that got to the play offs last year.
- We'll no doubt bring in 'loans with a view to a move' well before Jan or they wouldn't have moved so early to get rid of Sousa.
- Attendances, with a couple of wins and the hoopla surrounding Eriksson are bound to pick up, which is happy days.

I'm sticking money on it and i expect to see a return. I'm not willing to listen to any negativity!!!

Up the Thai Super Foxes!!!

There, i've said it.
- Sven is reported to have a ten million budget. Massive in the current climate in the championship.
- Big players will want to play under him.
-The Thai's have set there stall out and brought in a massive character - showing their intent.
- The base of our squad (save for PS's additions) is the one that got to the play offs last year.
- We'll no doubt bring in 'loans with a view to a move' well before Jan or they wouldn't have moved so early to get rid of Sousa.
- Attendances, with a couple of wins and the hoopla surrounding Eriksson are bound to pick up, which is happy days.

I'm sticking money on it and i expect to see a return. I'm not willing to listen to any negativity!!!

Up the Thai Super Foxes!!!

:038::038::038:

Super post ! Lets DO IT !

Despite having some money to burn now, its still important to get players out as well as in. Having loads of dis-satisified/surplus to requirements players around is no good to morale and the overall mood of the camp. Certainly a decent size squad is required but some players should be moved out.
There were loads of surplus/unwanted players due to how many Martin Allen brought in. Ian Holloway finally had to divert his focus & energies to getting rid of some of them. Best not to bring in too many new faces without getting some old ones out.
It's not always about money, but fundamentals like good players, good management, common sense and good tactics are essential. When you add proper resourcing on top this makes for a powerful cutting edge. Hopefully if all the stated things are in place, a play off place is certainly possible this season.

Last edited:
I stil believe that we can claim a play-off spot, Sven has loads of experience in management and his experience shall be vital, he is a great manager and I do believe he will get us promoted, if not this season the season after!

Hlloway's signings weren't much better. Worley, Hayles, Clapham, foreign wingers, Alnwick, Etuhu etc.

That's true but my point assumes that the new management team will bring in good players and on that basis I'm saying that surplus players should be moved out.

Hlloway's signings weren't much better. Worley, Hayles, Clapham, foreign wingers, Alnwick, Etuhu etc.

How queer, you seem to have accidently left those of his signings who are still members of the first team squad.

Last edited:
Despite having some money to burn now, its still important to get players out as well as in. Having loads of dis-satisified/surplus to requirements players around is no good to morale and the overall mood of the camp.

Who do think Sven needs to move out, on the basis of two good players for each position?

Those that wanted to jump ship under Captain Sousa, may be happy to sail under Captain Sven.

Certainly I thought people like Howard had a terrific game against Scunthorpe and is ideal option in to have in this league to help to help get us out. It does not matter he would probably not be able to cut it in the Prem.

I do not subscribe to the 'You must have a Prem team to get into the Prem' school of thought. If we did that Sven would probably have to ditch two thirds of the squad who are currently playing well together.

Blackpool did not have one, and are holding their own despite still not having a Prem team!

Tied on. You know - deade cert, nailed down, very likely to happen, bolted on, such a high percentage chance that one would be silly to dismiss, from the medieval ritual of tying colours on to a favourite or champion in a jousting match.
Tied on.
But in this instance with: Thai'd on - on account of the influence of having owners from Thailand.
Thai sounds like 'tie'.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4469