We are Thai'd on for Promotion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top half, finish the season with a squad good enough for promotion.

Brighton (new stadium looks brilliant), Carlisle and Bournemouth/Colly U promoted.

West Ham, Brum and Blackpool relegated please!

Wow. There's certainly some expectations knocking around now.

Play-offs are not unrealistic given the basic squad we are starting with, the calibre of the manager, and owners who are prepared to give that manager sufficient funding to mount the challenge.

There are 108 points left to play for. An average of two points a game from now on would give us a total of 80 points, well above the last play-off place.

Play-offs are not unrealistic given the basic squad we are starting with, the calibre of the manager, and owners who are prepared to give that manager sufficient funding to mount the challenge.

There are 108 points left to play for. An average of two points a game from now on would give us a total of 80 points, well above the last play-off place.

We don't need any of your positivity around here.

If we did that Sven would probably have to ditch two thirds of the squad who are currently playing well together.

I hope they keep playing this well together, a 3rd from bottom finish would be excellent.

News from the Bangkok Post ... New Leicester City manager Sven-Goran Eriksson and his team arrived in Bangkok yesterday ahead of Saturday's friendly at Supachalasai stadium (5pm kick-off).

Foxes owner Vichai Raksriaksorn said he was confident Eriksson would revive the club's fortunes in the English Championship. They are currently struggling at the bottom of the table.

''I am sure that we did not select the wrong person,'' said Vichai.

''He is a very well-known person and it is like a miracle to have Sven with us.

''We all have the same goal and that is to take Leicester City to the Premier League next year.''

Eriksson said he was happy to return to Thailand after a previous trip with Manchester City.

The team are now training in Pattaya ahead of Saturday's match.

''At present I am trying to learn more about the players and get them out of the danger zone, Sven said.

''I am confident Leicester will be promoted to the Premier League.''

Other news, a Leicester City academy will be built near to the Suvarnabhumi airport in Bangkok to train Thai players.

Thailand is a fantastic country and I'm more annoyed than most about the casual racism on this forum in the past few months. However...
The team are now training in Pattaya ahead of Saturday's match.
:icon_eek: Holy ****, they'll all come back married to ladyboys! :icon_eek:

Well there you go then. Just need the mesiah to turn 2 wins in 10 games in to league winning form over night.

Two points per game ??

Dear Lord Baby Jebus........

tattoo.jpg

Who do think Sven needs to move out, on the basis of two good players for each position?

Those that wanted to jump ship under Captain Sousa, may be happy to sail under Captain Sven.

Certainly I thought people like Howard had a terrific game against Scunthorpe and is ideal option in to have in this league to help to help get us out. It does not matter he would probably not be able to cut it in the Prem.

I do not subscribe to the 'You must have a Prem team to get into the Prem' school of thought. If we did that Sven would probably have to ditch two thirds of the squad who are currently playing well together.

Blackpool did not have one, and are holding their own despite still not having a Prem team!

Good question. I think I would move out one of the right backs whichever is the weaker (Neilson or Lamey) and get a new one in.
In midfield I'd let Oakley go and probably N'Guessan (though I'd like the club to give him the chance to switch to centre forward & see if he can do better there). Abe too if he can't cut the mustard, should be given longer to see. If Mureno is assessed as not good enough by Sven, then he too should go if a new midfielder is brought in.
Up front, I know this is not going to be popular because fan's opinions on him are split, but if a very good forward is brought in I would let Fryatt go. He would not be content on the bench. I think Howard and Waghorn and a new forward should vie for the front two places.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670