We Must Get Fulop Back

Status
Not open for further replies.
Must ensure we keep this thread alive - just to please HF

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12876_3075460,00.html

Marton Fulop has told skysports.com that he hopes to secure a move away from Sunderland before the summer.

Fulop returned to the Stadium of Light in December after he was recalled from his loan at Leicester City by manager Roy Keane.

The Hungarian goalkeeper impressed during his time with Leicester, and Foxes boss Ian Holloway has since enquired about signing him on a permanent basis.

However, Leicester had a bid of £1million rejected earlier this month, with Keane holding out for a fee of £3million.

Fulop feels the valuation is unrealistic, and is aware that he may have to be loaned out again in order to find first-team football.

Not happy

"I had a very good time at Leicester. While the team was not too successful, we conceded the least goals in the Championship," he told skysports.com.

"After some games I became one of the fans' favourites and at the end of my loan period they were shouting my name in the stadium.

"I was happy because the fans and the club also wanted me to stay permanently but the two teams couldn't agree about me.

"It's true that Sunderland is in the Premier League but apart from this I wasn't very happy to be recalled by Roy Keane.

"It's an honour that he [Keane] asked £3million for me but it's too high an amount for a goalkeeper.

Departure

"Roy Keane told me that he'd sell me only permanently in January so I'm sure I won't leave the team this month.

"But in February I plan to talk to him and ask him to loan me. My contract expires in two-and-half-years but I think I am going to leave Sunderland no later than this summer.

"If I'm not loaned in February then I'll do my best and push Craig Gordon from behind. I'll let him know that I'm here and I can challenge him at any time.

"There are teams interested in me from the Premier League and some clubs from the top of the Championship are very seriously keen on me."

Last edited:
''push Craig Gordon from behind. I'll let him know that I'm here''

Did Alex write this article?

Get him during the Summer. The fans love him.....

is he missing Elvis:055:

He's using the fact that he did so well and became so popular here to get a move to a higher club.

I don't think we'll get him again.

Deffo - properly putting himself in the shop window, d'ya reckon he called the journalist himself?

Its a shame, but we won't see him again

get the feeling he will join in the summer when sunderland are relegated and reliese keane has no clue about buying and selling players.

get the feeling he will join in the summer when sunderland are relegated and reliese keane has no clue about buying and selling players.

Who will realise this and how have you managed to reach this conclusion before them?

Who will realise this and how have you managed to reach this conclusion before them?

Quinn throwing money at every slightly above average championship player and paying 2mill for some unknown swedish striker. Doubt it will happen but hope they get in real fiancial trouble when relegated.

Is that why his sphincter is bleeding?

Fukee, fukee? One dollar

:icon_bigg:icon_lol:

I thought that comment about sphincters and Fulop's comment about Standing behind the Sunderland goalkeeper should not be in the same thread, for decency's sake. I guess he was misquoted:icon_eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669