Weale to West Ham?

Status
Not open for further replies.
And if you want to get really really really pedantic, the accent that appears above the 'u' and the 'o' is not an umlaut at all but a double acute accent, sometimes called a Hungarumlaut but only because the character looks similar to an umlaut.
:icon_wink

Bob, you have made this word up!

A goalkeeper of some device I would imagine. Failing that a dogeared copy of Bleak House.

How do you suggest we fund this new goalkeeper? If we do get a substantial fee (1m+) for Weale, we will have to reinvest the whole amount into finding a suitable replacement and there is a case to suggest that we won't find anybody of his ability with that kind of money on his level of wages. I am sure that Fulop would do a terrific job for us but what makes people think he would want to come to Leicester anyway? I am sure he will have a lot of options if he isn't staying at Sunderland and we may not be the most attractive. If we sell Weale, be prepared for the fact that we may indeed have to rely upon Logan with the aforementioned Dickens text as a bench warmer. This is as far as finances may allow us to stretch.

I am sure that Fulop would do a terrific job for us but what makes people think he would want to come to Leicester anyway?

The fact that he is in talks with Ipswich suggests that he might see himself as a Championship keeper, at least for the time being. I understand though that WBA are also in touch with him.

Do you mean that the ref applied the 6-second rule?
No. Weale received the ball at his feet from a backpass and was still in possession when the forward reached him several seconds later. CW didn't appear to have even seen the closing player.

The fact that he is in talks with Ipswich suggests that he might see himself as a Championship keeper, at least for the time being. I understand though that WBA are also in touch with him.

He may well see himself as a Championship keeper (Although I think if he was asked he would say he was a Premiership class player) but that still doesn't mean that he will see Leicester as the most viable of his options does it?

He may well see himself as a Championship keeper (Although I think if he was asked he would say he was a Premiership class player) but that still doesn't mean that he will see Leicester as the most viable of his options does it?

But equally there is nothing to say that he wouldn't, is there?

How do you suggest we fund this new goalkeeper? If we do get a substantial fee (1m+) for Weale, we will have to reinvest the whole amount into finding a suitable replacement and there is a case to suggest that we won't find anybody of his ability with that kind of money on his level of wages. I am sure that Fulop would do a terrific job for us but what makes people think he would want to come to Leicester anyway? I am sure he will have a lot of options if he isn't staying at Sunderland and we may not be the most attractive. If we sell Weale, be prepared for the fact that we may indeed have to rely upon Logan with the aforementioned Dickens text as a bench warmer. This is as far as finances may allow us to stretch.

Simply put, I don't rate him highly enough to find him irreplaceable. I don't have an exhaustive knowledge of the lower leagues in regards to goalkeepers, but I'm sure there are affordable 'keepers with comparable skill sets out there. I think it is safe to say that very few of us, after all, knew much about Weale prior to his signing (which cost nothing if I recall).

I do, however, know a great deal about Dickens' seminal text and am confident it could do a job for us.

Last edited:
I do, however, know a great deal about Dickens' seminal text and am confident it could do a job for us.

Sir Leicester Dedlock would be the obvious choice. Failing that I think John Jarndyce could do a job for us. :icon_wink

i wouldn't have great expectations this season

But equally there is nothing to say that he wouldn't, is there?

Absolutely not. Is it however, reasonable to accept an offer for a player who has performed well in a key position based on a simple supposition that we may or may not sign Fulop? (Indeed, that we may or may not sign anybody that performs at the standard we have become accustomed to based on our financial position).

As for Bleak House, as a novel with the subtexts of swindled inheritances and concealed interconnections it could well suit our chairman and his associates down to the ground.

Last edited:
Simply put, I don't rate him highly enough to find him irreplaceable. I don't have an exhaustive knowledge of the lower leagues in regards to goalkeepers, but I'm sure there are affordable 'keepers with comparable skill sets out there. I think it is safe to say that very few of us, after all, knew much about Weale prior to his signing (which cost nothing if I recall).

I absolutely agree that there may well be players who could perform equally as well as Weale and who are, at present, available. Contrarily, there may not. Better the devil you know perhaps?

I doubt that we could replace Weale for another goalie of equivalent proven ability for less than about £1.5m.

The problem with a 'cheap' goalie of unproven ability is there is no-one else to save the goals if they feck up.

At least with a 'cheap' striker of unproven ability, there might be half a dozen others on the park who could still score goals.

You should not take chances on a goalie. We were lucky with Weale and he has become a very good goalie, with good presence, a good kick and he gives confidence to the back 4. It would cost a lot to find someone better without shelling out big bucks.

Keep, unless Fulop or James come begging.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669