We're down

Whatever age you choose. Question is the same (though I'm sure different generations went through different experiences; wars etc) I'm 61, to not dodge the question.
OK. I'm 58 so same generation.

I obviously can't speak generally but only from personal experience. My Dad for example would be 94 if he were still alive. He was born into the sort of miserable poverty that is totally unimaginable to anyone in the western world today. His childhood up to his mid teens consisted of the great depression followed by the second world war. A shittier start would be hard to imagine.

When I was young he absolutely recognised the times he lived in. Constantly told me that I was growing up in the best of times & not to waste it. Because he absolutely knew it wouldn't last.

He told me that the English working class, as a group, would only be supportive to progressive ideas as long as it put money in their pockets & gave them visible opportunities. As soon as things became more abstract they'd revert to supporting their traditional lords & masters. Even at their own expense.

" Do you really think 50 sheep are afraid of one sheepdog? "

" No. They go into the pen because centuries of breeding & conditioning tell them that they're safe in the pen "

He told me that as soon as some flanneling **** with a posh voice who went to a good school & waved a flag at them showed up they'd all fall back into line like good little serfs & do what they're told.

" Like they have since 1066. England has no radical tendencies whatsoever. Radical individuals yes, but they end up ostracised, imprisoned, tortured or pelted with rotten veg on their way to the gallows by the people they set out to help "

" It could take 20, 30 or 40 years but it's ****ing inevitable lad, so take your chances when they come "

I have to say, hearing this as a young teen in the late 70s it seemed way off the mark. Particularly in the circles I was starting to move in.

I then lived long enough to watch Boris ****ing Johnson form a government.

The single most ludicrous political event of my lifetime. Possibly of anyone's.

& on the day I couldn't stop thinking about my old man.

So in this individual case, someone at least knew they were in the best of times & had no truck with nostalgia.

" The good old days, boy, were ****ing shit "

Mam wouldn't let me put that on his headstone.

Love to you all, the world keeps turning and take some heart from the fact that you’re real football fans of a great club and we all continue on this rollercoaster together. ****s, arm in arm.

Have a bloody brilliant summer, remember the good times and look ahead to next season, whatever it looks like.

Not a ‘keep your chins up’ message, just hope you’re all well.

Ted x
Ta.

I'm on my way to being pissed so just fine thanks.

As long as certain people shut the **** up about Neil ****ing Warnock I'll continue to be fine.

Love to you all, the world keeps turning and take some heart from the fact that you’re real football fans of a great club and we all continue on this rollercoaster together. ****s, arm in arm.

Have a bloody brilliant summer, remember the good times and look ahead to next season, whatever it looks like.

Ted x

Love you too Ted. You're my favourite Ted. That 3-2-1 **** and his Dusty Traore aren't fit to suck your balls.

Fitz is bang on. Of all the Teds I know, you’re the best. Fortunately for you I know no other Ted.

Taupe that puts you in your 50’s. Busted.

I’m 17.

And a bit.

Hmmmmmm, there was a lad on my course at Uni called Ted and he was a lovely bloke. He was an 18st rugby player though, so I wasn’t likely to want to fall out with him at any point.

But I think you’re still my favourite Ted too, ted.

Though I did like that funny film Ted with the scene in the urinals.

****ing Bournemouth. They could have had it all…

Well. I'm back from my self induced isolation. Won a few bob on the racing. Also won a tenner laying Man City at Brentford for a laugh.

Went to Flashscore at 6:45 & saw exactly what I expected to see. I now feel exactly as I expected to feel.

Not sad. Not dejected.

Just blood boilingly angry.

**** off.
Thank you. You have written pretty much everything I would like to say, but a lot better than I could.

Have been awake most of the night completely gutted and I now have to decide if I'm prepared to fork out the equivalent of over 300 quid to watch us in the Championship or not. Can't say my Aussie wife is over the moon on the thought of what she calls a complete waste of money.

Thank you. You have written pretty much everything I would like to say, but a lot better than I could.

Have been awake most of the night completely gutted and I now have to decide if I'm prepared to fork out the equivalent of over 300 quid to watch us in the Championship or not. Can't say my Aussie wife is over the moon on the thought of what she calls a complete waste of money.
Mate, you have to fill your life, if you are able, with stuff that makes you happy. What’s that old saying? One man’s trash is another’s treasure. We all fill our life with what others regard as crap. But if that’s what you love, then it ain’t. **** me the looks I get from some people with my hobbies. But I couldn’t give a shit. What makes you happy.

Need to cancel all that travel for the preseason immediately.

No more “raising the profile” of the club for a while.

Back to spit and sawdust, grit filled, grinding wins. Bounce back in the dirtiest way possible. No. Shits. Given.

Need to cancel all that travel for the preseason immediately.

No more “raising the profile” of the club for a while.

Back to spit and sawdust, grit filled, grinding wins. Bounce back in the dirtiest way possible. No. Shits. Given.
Pretty much a given. It's impossible to raise the profile of any ****ing thing if it's not in the Prem. Nobody gives a fraction of a shit.

Assemble a squad of complete shithouse bastards, a pacy striker & 2 potential playmakers & kick our way out. None of the current lazy, complacent pussies fit that profile so show as many the door as possible. The rest can join the ground staff, make the tea, work in the shop or whatever. I don't ****ing care.

****s, ****s & more ****s. Thats what we need.

Ted x
Legend mate - exactly my thoughts.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4484
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4469
8Coventry City4363