Speculation Wes Morgan

Status
Not open for further replies.

FoxCovert

Not sure why we are spending nigh on a million quid for a defender from a club in the bottom 3 who have conceded 44 goals so far this season. We'd be much better going for Chester or even bring back Hobbs. Morgan seems a bit of lump to me, not very agile or athletic. Will be well pissed off if he's coming in and Bamba goes.

Portugeezer

I don't understand all the negativity towards Morgan, even before he's even signed. Over 400 hundred games and he's only 27. Strong, uncompromising, decent organiser and good in the air. After spending 4million on Mills, I think 800k is a great price for someone to come in as 'cover'. Not the best footballer, granted, but Nigel seems to know a decent defender.

Last edited:

Filthy Rich

Banned
I don't understand all the negativity towards Morgan, even before he's even signed. Over 400 hundred games and he's only 27. Strong, uncompromising, decent organiser and good in the air. After spending 4million on Mills, I think 800k is a great price for someone to come in as 'cover'. Not the best footballer, granted, but Nigel seems to know a decent defender.

Totally agree. Seems people on here don't like him just because he is from the enemy. Mills was never £4m anyway. £2.5 to £3m tops.

Mawsley

Me neither - he'd be a good solid signing and not get sent off every other game either. Plus, he was one of their best players over the last two seasons when they weren't shit - more than good enough for where we are.

spionfox

Seems people on here don't like him just because he is from the enemy.

Perhaps it's time to remind them that a penalty scored by an ex-Tree got a Leicester team managed by an ex-Tree to a Wembley play-off final!

homer

Totally agree. Seems people on here don't like him just because he is from the enemy. Mills was never £4m anyway. £2.5 to £3m tops.

I couldn't care less who he has played for before. Quite why you think that would make any difference is a bit of a mystery

I have seen him play on many an occasion over the past few years and can see that he is useless fat clogger of the highest order. Whilst good in the air, he is completely immobile, cannot control or pass the ball to any degree, and is generally an accident waiting to happen. An awful pub player with no skill whatsoever.

A truly shocking signing on any level. The fact that we are pissing away £800k into the bargain is nothing short of a disgrace

Micky

I couldn't care less who he has played for before. Quite why you think that would make any difference is a bit of a mystery

I have seen him play on many an occasion over the past few years and can see that he is useless fat clogger of the highest order. Whilst good in the air, he is completely immobile, cannot control or pass the ball to any degree, and is generally an accident waiting to happen. An awful pub player with no skill whatsoever.

A truly shocking signing on any level. The fact that we are pissing away £800k into the bargain is nothing short of a disgrace
Would it be fair to say you don't rate him? I can see your point by the way but I thought similar of Wayne Brown but he turned out to be very effective.

Rich B

But you said yourself...
We only have 3 centre backs inc Morgan. We cannot afford to lose any purely due to numbers, if they bring in Lascelles from the youth / reserve team then fair enough - give us your dosh and I will bring him over.

Rich B

You sir have definitely seen him play - described him to a tee

Redditch Fox

Given that St Ledger is now off the transfer list either Morgan isn't coming or alternatively one of Mills or Bambe are on there way out.

There is a view that you can't have too many central defenders but we've already seen that it doesn't work (at Championship level) if you have just three who are all convinced that they are worth a regular first team starting place.

Homer's assessments are generally savage - but usually about right - so we probably don't want Morgan anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669