Post Match West Ham 1 Leicester 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not getting carried away but our attacking play will cause s number of better teams than the first two we have played problems.

No doubting CR tactical acumen but for me you can't judge that until we go a goal behind and how he reacts to that.

Also thank God Riyad signed that new deal or they would be all over him.
Indeed.

Especially as there is a (small) pack of wolves waiting to jump on any mistakes.

His substitutions have been excellent so far and contributed to two very good results. However, he'll ultimately make similar changes that won't be as successful.

Either way, it's a great start, and I think we've got a very exciting season ahead.

If anyone fancies a laugh go and spend a few minutes on the Sunderland website;

Readytogo.net

Meltdown.
They'll be the ones who last week they were claiming how good their support was. This week they were all leaving early again. Great supporters.

Superb result at a place we haven't had much luck in recent times.

Thought Drinky played fantastically well. Wish he had taken his chance at the end, would have done his confidence a treat.

I've been really impressed with what I've seen.

Bring on Spurs!

Watching Schmeichel's interview on MOTD. He really does come across well, intelligent, eloquent, passionate and spot on with his message.

I figured his point was aimed at the press and other outsiders trying to break up the brilliant team spirit and bond they have (that includes us fans as well)

That really is key to our current run. He's my captain when Morgan steps down.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

watching motd, admittedly but we did seem to have our fair share of luck yesterday. Schmeichel was a little clumsy and on another day thats a penalty.
that said:
Huth looked immense
Energy from the front 6 and schlupp looked like last season has never ended
Mahrez, Albrighton and Vardys quality of delivery seriously needs recognising...
Okazaki plays like a cottee/claridge hybrid...awesome
Kante made a couple of serious tackles....really like the look of him.
We need a good plan to integrate Ulloa/Kramaric into the 'high energy' approach.

in summary. it looks like the old adage of 'you make your own luck' is true....and long may it continue...

Watching Schmeichel's interview on MOTD. He really does come across well, intelligent, eloquent, passionate and spot on with his message.

I figured his point was aimed at the press and other outsiders trying to break up the brilliant team spirit and bond they have (that includes us fans as well)

I thought it had the touch of Nigel Pearson about it. He certainly has said on record a few times how much he enjoyed playing for NP, not surprising he has a similar outlook on the game.

Having re-watched the game yesterday, I think that we only really appear to have two vulnerabilities.

The first concern is Schmeichel. In both matches so far, he's been the same keeper as started last season rather than the one that ended the season. With our lack of a strong back up keeper, I am concerned about how dependent we are on him and his form. Although he usually makes good saves, he lacks composure and his decision making is erratic. I don't feel safe with him again.

Secondly, I just don't see De Laet holding down that right back position and we don't really have an alternative. I thought De Laet was excellent towards the end of last season when he came on in the back three but he's too weak defensively at full back. Benalouane more a central defender than a right back, but it looks like we're going to be reliant on him there once he settles in. I still feel that Moore is worth a try there though.

Assuming that Inler joins, I think we're pretty well equipped everywhere else for a really solid season.

Where do you see Inler slotting in BN, and in what system or in replacement of who?

I only ask this as I think at the moment our midfield and wing play has excellent pace and balance and I think AK and DD have had two excellent games together.

If Kasper is our weakest link all season, I'll be a happy man. Everybody had us down as favourites for relegation: we still might go down, but the longer we can keep our spirit, the less likely that becomes.

Claudio Ranieri must pick the team apart and look for weaknesses; can't we fans just enjoy the heady atmosphere at the pinnacle?

Where do you see Inler slotting in BN, and in what system or in replacement of who?

I only ask this as I think at the moment our midfield and wing play has excellent pace and balance and I think AK and DD have had two excellent games together.

Without a doubt, they've both started well this season.

I've expressed my views on DD a number of times. He always looks good in a winning team but he always looks terrible in a losing team. I wouldn't rely on him this season, despite his strong start. He's proved that he cannot be trusted. He's no more than a decent squad player.

AK is of value to us and I'd always have him in and around the side, but I think Kante and Inler are both superior players and they will eventually be our first choice central midfielders.

That was what I thought. He had gone into the interview knowing exactly what he wanted to say whatever the question.

Sent from my Logitech keyboard using a rubbishy Acer laptop.

Having re-watched the game yesterday, I think that we only really appear to have two vulnerabilities.

The first concern is Schmeichel. In both matches so far, he's been the same keeper as started last season rather than the one that ended the season. With our lack of a strong back up keeper, I am concerned about how dependent we are on him and his form. Although he usually makes good saves, he lacks composure and his decision making is erratic. I don't feel safe with him again.

Secondly, I just don't see De Laet holding down that right back position and we don't really have an alternative. I thought De Laet was excellent towards the end of last season when he came on in the back three but he's too weak defensively at full back. Benalouane more a central defender than a right back, but it looks like we're going to be reliant on him there once he settles in. I still feel that Moore is worth a try there though.

Assuming that Inler joins, I think we're pretty well equipped everywhere else for a really solid season.

Yep. Agree with all that. As much as Kasper has been part of the furniture around here, if he continues to struggle it wouldn't surprise me if Claudio asked for a list of keepers to review.

De Laet is De Laet at this point. Equal parts pace and doziness. Decent squad player but will be picked out by opposing managers (see yesterday).

**** me, we've come a long way in the last 2 years.

From a decent Championship team, we're now top of the PL form chart for the last 11 (?) matches, playing some great attacking football, have finally got a 'full' squad with depth in most positions, and we're top of the PL.

I'm not really sure how long this run will last, but who really cares! We're back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4698
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669