Post Match West Ham 2 Leicester 0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Travelled to the game today and the best I can say is I thoroughly enjoyed meeting a group of Danish West Ham fans in the Queens Pub before the game.

I was really disappointed not to see Ulloa from the start today, Vardy runs his heart out but facing facts he just isn't good enough at this level. We look more of a threat with Ulloa and the other players actually look more comfortable having a target man up front. Further to this, he seems to be the only one who knows where the net is!

Konchesky had an absolute nightmare today, quite possibly one of the worst individual performances I have seen in a long time. Applauded from all sides of the ground on the way off, Hammers fans probably thanking him for being their 12th man.

Take nothing away from West Ham, they are a good side and absolutely bossed the midfield. Song against sides like us is just different gravy, he is a class above. He will not be at West Ham next season if they do not make the Champions League.

It took us until we were 2-0 down and arguably out of the game to have a real go and show some attacking intent. If it wasn't for two magnificent saves from Nugent and Ulloa efforts it really could have been 2-2 through the Hammers own sloppiness.

Yet again though, second best all over the park and Konchesky's early Christmas present summed it up.

Our fans again were excellent today, the last few away games I have been to it has been great to be a part of the atmosphere, trying to give the lads some encouragement.

I love NP and I have so much time for him as our manager, I honestly believe had he not been sacked the first time we would have already been a Premier League club before now, but surely the owners patience must be really getting a test here. Hull, his former club, could be his last game I fear.

Hull will be an interesting one. Steve Bruce is under real pressure too, and also one who is not intrinsically a bad manager with plenty of experience at this level. As I recall he also had quite a summer spending spree. No magic solution it seems.

We got what I expected.

They are a much better team than us.

The lack of strengthening in key areas and relying on people like Konchesky is the real crime.

Last edited:
We got what I expected.

They are a much better team than us.

The lack of strengthening in key areas and relying on people like Konchesky is the real crime.

I would be interested to know why Konchesky and de Laet get so much stick whilst Wes Morgan seems to escape scot free. I will admit two things; firstly, Konchesky should have done FAR better for WHU's first goal and secondly, I did not pick up Morgan's part culpability until it was pointed out on MOTD. A solid central defence is vital and Morgan fails to convince me. He has been involved in several poor decisions this season (the goal at home to WBA for example).

I would be interested to know why Konchesky and de Laet get so much stick whilst Wes Morgan seems to escape scot free. I will admit two things; firstly, Konchesky should have done FAR better for WHU's first goal and secondly, I did not pick up Morgan's part culpability until it was pointed out on MOTD. A solid central defence is vital and Morgan fails to convince me. He has been involved in several poor decisions this season (the goal at home to WBA for example).

In the instance of yesterday Knchesky didn't even look where he was passing the ball and that is criminal considering it was a back-pass.

I think Morgan has overall been far more effective than both Konchesky and thankfully De Laet.

Don't we historically have a slump over Christmas and early new year?

If so, I wonder how that will look? :icon_redf

Some really winnable games coming up, we have to get back on track over those games as our closing run at the end of the season could be a big help.

Think Morgan ihas been playing at the limit of his ability and put in a sterling effort.

As I said early in the season we are under resourced in central defence (not that we are adequate elsewhere). On the very fiw occasions I have been when Was has played - I have seen a real professional but not mobile enough for the Premier League; Morgan doing his very best but not Premier League class and Moore inexperienced. We addressed these issues by signing a 35 year old Championsip player ....Absurd.

Bit of a pisser, if we had gone in at half time 0-0 then perhaps could have looked to play a bit more expansively in the second half. Instead we gifted them a goal. Not quite good enough in all areas and it shows.

Think Morgan ihas been playing at the limit of his ability and put in a sterling effort.

As I said early in the season we are under resourced in central defence (not that we are adequate elsewhere). On the very fiw occasions I have been when Was has played - I have seen a real professional but not mobile enough for the Premier League; Morgan doing his very best but not Premier League class and Moore inexperienced. We addressed these issues by signing a 35 year old Championsip player ....Absurd.

You're probably right reregarding Morgan and the limits of his ability, but the same could be argued for Konch and De Laet but they get ripped to pieces.

Some really winnable games coming up

There certainly is one really winnable game coming up for Tottenham, Hull, Liverpool, Newcastle, Villa, Stoke etc.

We couldn't beat West Brom, Burnley, QPR, Sunderland, or Villa, and we are absolutely by far bar none THE worst team in the division. And I doubt this will be different post transfer-window. I don't think there is such a thing as a "really winnable game" at this level when you are as sub-standard as we are.

You're probably right reregarding Morgan and the limits of his ability, but the same could be argued for Konch and De Laet but they get ripped to pieces.

All three aren't good enough, and are probably the three weakest areas of our first XI.

Depressingly, in the case of PK and RDL in particular, most people could have told you that that was going to be the case last May.

Everyone other than the man in charge is an expert and would have handled the situation perfectly.

Everyone other than the man in charge is an expert and would have handled the situation perfectly.

Well duh, don't you remember all of Redditch's posts at the beginning of the season and during the summer about how we hadn't signed enough players?

Half and Half scarfs were on sale outside the ground, before the match, even saw someone going in the home end with one on:icon_eek:

Half and Half scarfs were on sale outside the ground, before the match, even saw someone going in the home end with one on:icon_eek:

Big time

You can get the Chelsea one any season, the Leicester one; rarer than chicken's teeth! :icon_bigg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566