West Indies v England 3rd test (the second Antigua one)

Status
Not open for further replies.

glyn

Good start for England 58-0, after being put in.

Swann in for Monty which should please Enderby Fox, but also Harmy back in for Sidebottom (due to the pace of the track) which won't please Enderby!

Good start for England 58-0, after being put in.

Swann in for Monty which should please Enderby Fox, but also Harmy back in for Sidebottom (due to the pace of the track) which won't please Enderby!

yeah happy to see swanny in. not so happy with harmy being in but i can see why they have done it. glad shah seems to be taking his chance too. he looks really focused and pumped up. nice to see that imo.

strauss is batting really well this last 6 months.

cracking work to get the pitch up to a ok standard. a few balls are staying low but all in all top work mr groundsman. it also looks like an old style west indian pitch

Prediction of Result: DRAW

Fairly easy to predcit really on that wicket. Always been a batting wicket and i can't see either team taking 10 wickets.

but the windies might when its taken them a day to get 3? :icon_conf

Its ok Tamworth will suggest an England win as well as a West Indies win before the end of the match. That way he always gets the result right and amazes us with his cricket knowledge. :icon_wink

Last edited:
100 up for Collingwood :038:

Broad gone, 533-8. I would've expected the declaration to come with Collingwoods century and have an hour or so bowling tonight, but what do I know:102:

A couple of early wickets this morning and England might stand a chance. Some great bowling from Freddie last night. He was unlucky not to get a wicket.

A couple of early wickets this morning and England might stand a chance. Some great bowling from Freddie last night. He was unlucky not to get a wicket.

With the state of the pitch, England must be favourites. Last night the uneven bounce was causing the batsmen all sorts of problems. Despite Harmison going for a few runs he looked capable of making a big impact on this type of pitch, whilst Flintoff looks a real threat. I see no reason why we can't skittke the Windies out for under 250, but much will depend on how Broad, Anderson and Swann support the main two strike bowlers.

With the state of the pitch, England must be favourites. Last night the uneven bounce was causing the batsmen all sorts of problems. Despite Harmison going for a few runs he looked capable of making a big impact on this type of pitch, whilst Flintoff looks a real threat. I see no reason why we can't skittke the Windies out for under 250, but much will depend on how Broad, Anderson and Swann support the main two strike bowlers.

Flintoff's injured and Harmi's gone off 'ill' :icon_bigg

Swann's got Smith anyway 128-2. Powell still in :icon_conf

Hinds plumb LBW, Koertzen not interested :icon_roll Hes also missed a cast iron caught behind :icon_roll:icon_roll

Hinds plumb LBW, Koertzen not interested :icon_roll Hes also missed a cast iron caught behind :icon_roll:icon_roll

Are the referalls still not on for this match?

No, they didnt have time to get all the stuff in place apparently.

I knew that was the case for the start. I didn’t know whether they were sticking with that or working to use them say after the first day or 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566