West Indies v England 3rd test (the second Antigua one)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I knew that was the case for the start. I didn’t know whether they were sticking with that or working to use them say after the first day or 2.

Be a bit unfair. hey couldnt guarantee everything would be in place for the first ball so they scrapped it.

I don't know how a correct call could be called unfair.

200 for 4

201 for 5

Be a bit unfair. hey couldnt guarantee everything would be in place for the first ball so they scrapped it.

Hmm i can see what you are saying. maybe could have just done it for the second innings.

Well lets allow England referaals and the WI not then :icon_roll

Or let's allow a blatant mistake to stand even though the technology is in place :icon_roll

Try not to think like a mod.

Hmm i can see what you are saying. maybe could have just done it for the second innings.

Im not a fan of the system personally. Would still be unfair to have it for half the game, or at least open to criticism.

Incidentally, I notice Alan Stamford has been acused of fraud all over the place and the ECB have cancelled any negotiations with him - not that it was really having the desired effect anyway.

Or let's allow a blatant mistake to stand even though the technology is in place :icon_roll

But not correct a blatant mistake because the technology wasnt in place :icon_roll

The point is that all of the technology wasn't in place in time for that start of the match due to quick chnage after the abandoned second test.

Im not a fan of the system personally. Would still be unfair to have it for half the game, or at least open to criticism.

Incidentally, I notice Alan Stamford has been acused of fraud all over the place and the ECB have cancelled any negotiations with him - not that it was really having the desired effect anyway.

I agree with regard to referels, it is far too open to abuse from what i have seen of it.

As for the Alan Stamford thing it was doomed from day one in my opinion. My boss went out for the final and said the whole thing was pretty much a shambles.

The point is that all of the technology wasn't in place in time for that start of the match due to quick chnage after the abandoned second test.

I agree with regard to referels, it is far too open to abuse from what i have seen of it.

As for the Alan Stamford thing it was doomed from day one in my opinion. My boss went out for the final and said the whole thing was pretty much a shambles.

The whole Stamford thing was the ECB's attempt the fend off the IPL and shows just how desperate they were.

Whoever said 250 wasn't far out (hopefully)

From a neutral point of view this could yet be a good test. I mean Windies did bowl England out quite cheaply and could do so again, leaving enough time to score the runs.

Way I see it is England will bat 2 sessions, and WIndies are more then capable of batting 4 sessions.

I'm not going to lose sleep if England win, I just want it to be a good game as a neutral.

Its not over yet, I still think this will be a draw.

From a neutral point of view this could yet be a good test. I mean Windies did bowl England out quite cheaply and could do so again, leaving enough time to score the runs.

Way I see it is England will bat 2 sessions, and WIndies are more then capable of batting 4 sessions.

I'm not going to lose sleep if England win, I just want it to be a good game as a neutral.

Its not over yet, I still think this will be a draw.

You literally just told me you werent watching it? and you comment about being a 'neutral' is laughable

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669