West Indies v England 3rd test (the second Antigua one)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why not? If we lose the wicket it just goes to reinforce the idiocy of batting. The follow on is all about the pressure of not knowing what the other team will score in the second and the final team to bat knowing how long they have.

Why not? If we lose the wicket it just goes to reinforce the idiocy of batting. The follow on is all about the pressure of not knowing what the other team will score in the second and the final team to bat knowing how long they have.

I was agreeing with you.

I'm not used to it.

If we were serious about winning the test after not enforcing the follow on then a night watchman would not have been sent out. In fact it's reasonable to argue neither would Cook and Strauss.

Last edited:
I think England may live to regret sending Jimmy out. Windies will want him to stay in? He and Cook aren't known for their big hitting?

We will see how much KP has matured when he comes out to bat, see if he throws his wicket away or has the kind of impact England need.

Its ok Tamworth will suggest an England win as well as a West Indies win before the end of the match. That way he always gets the result right and amazes us with his cricket knowledge. :icon_wink

From a neutral point of view this could yet be a good test. I mean Windies did bowl England out quite cheaply and could do so again, leaving enough time to score the runs.

Way I see it is England will bat 2 sessions, and WIndies are more then capable of batting 4 sessions.

I'm not going to lose sleep if England win, I just want it to be a good game as a neutral.

Its not over yet, I still think this will be a draw.

:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

Normally he spreads them out over a couple of posts

135-3 at lunch - 416 ahead

Big whump after lunch for a bit then stick the feckers in

that balled bounced high to dismiss cook. still 500 lead and put them in for 30tonight.

enjoying a swing bfore kp was out. I'd let freddy have a swing too.

Why bring Freddie out at 9? if fit 7 if not then not play. Must be for time not runs.

we're not still batting are we?:icon_roll

Yeah 8 down. Don't know why we're still batting.

Declared with 2 sixes to go over 500 lead.

To whom it may concern,

I've just been been communicating with Jessy the Jessel on MSN.

I wrote:
England going very well in the Test.

Jessy the Jessel replied:
just seen yes they are doing well

Just thought you would all like to know.

I've never had a problem with England, I'm a neutral wanting to see a good game. As a neutral it is good to see the game go down to the wire, it's not set in stone that England have won, but as explained they are in a strong position and doing well to be on course for the victory.

Whoever thought my post was worth an infraction then i'm sorry.

As i have mentioned to the Mods i don't believe what i put was in anyway racist and i certainly don't consider myself to be one.

It was probably to do with the fact that any cricket thread that is started usually ends up focusing on Jessel and his support of the Indian cricket team or his dislike for the English cricket team. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566