What Are You Listening To Now?

The Wedding Present - Saturnalia

Scratch and The Upsetters - Super Ape

http://www.myspace.com/honeyroot

Honeyroot covering LWTUA, the one Hazzman thought was Lou Reed :icon_wink

This is actually a great cover and one of my favourite versions of LWTUA along with Jose Gonzalez, and the original of course... The less said about Fallout Boy the better though

Last edited:
I have just had to re-play the original twice to banish that awful wankstain of a cover. :frown:

I think it even makes Fall Out Boy's cover of LWTUA sound good :icon_redf

That Killers version is to be playing over the end credits of the "Control" film aswell!

Last edited:
I think it even makes Fall Out Boy's cover of LWTUA sound good :icon_redf

That Killers version is to be playing over the end credits of the "Control" film aswell!

I have a feeling that ''Control'' is going to be utter twaddle. Peter Hook has refused to sancition it. I think 24 Hr Party People's dealing with the Ian Curtis death is brill. Although, it's remains a comedy, it doesnt lose its seriousness. Just shows how incredibly disorganised Factory Records were.

Here's my reasoning behind feel uneasy with Control

IMHO unknowing opinion it's based on Deborah Curtis' book which whilst describes him as a husband, I dont think she actually describes the bits what excite and interest people about Curtis. She helps us paint the picture of the man more and add some colour to his characture. But she became isolated with the band when they began to become more successful and when Closer was getting recorded he began knocking off the Belgian bird and it's that part of him what interests me, his path into his final few years, them last dark moments. It would be much better as a film in my opinion if it came from the perspective of the Belgian woman as opposed to Deborah Curtis who more less in her book confirms she didnt know what man he became before his suicide.

The director of course is famous for doing the wonderful Atmosphere video and I think Mrs.Curtis just gave to him because she didnt want to see any Hollywoodisation of her husband's life. Whereas if she gave to someone like Michael Winterbottom, he would do it no dis-service and Bernard Sumner just seems comfortable in not offending anyone. That however is not in the nature of Mr.Hook.

Here's my reasoning behind feel uneasy with Control

IMHO unknowing opinion it's based on Deborah Curtis' book which whilst describes him as a husband, I dont think she actually describes the bits what excite and interest people about Curtis. She helps us paint the picture of the man more and add some colour to his characture. But she became isolated with the band when they began to become more successful and when Closer was getting recorded he began knocking off the Belgian bird and it's that part of him what interests me, his path into his final few years, them last dark moments. It would be much better as a film in my opinion if it came from the perspective of the Belgian woman as opposed to Deborah Curtis who more less in her book confirms she didnt know what man he became before his suicide.

The director of course is famous for doing the wonderful Atmosphere video and I think Mrs.Curtis just gave to him because she didnt want to see any Hollywoodisation of her husband's life. Whereas if she gave to someone like Michael Winterbottom, he would do it no dis-service and Bernard Sumner just seems comfortable in not offending anyone. That however is not in the nature of Mr.Hook.

I think it's worth remembering Anton Corbijn was a massive fan of Joy Division before he met them and took the historic images, if anyone can do this film it's him. I thought Deborah's book was fantastic and got to paint a picture of the man rather than the messianic figure he has become, it's not a complete picture by any stretch but that wasn't the point. It wasn't intended as a 'fan' book but the story of a boy growing up into a troubled man.

Up to a few weeks ago all the remaining members of JD seemed to be 100% behind the film and made frequent visits to the set apparently. Peter Hook is meant to be pissed off because Corbijn tried to tell NO what to play for the soundtrack and how to play it which must have pricked a few ego's I guess.

At the end of the day this isn't supposed to be a Joy Division documentary (rockumentary if you will) in the same way that say The Doors was, but a biography which happens to feature a backdrop of music. Seeing the clips on You Tube of the cast playing Joy Division songs live (and getting them spot on) has done enough to make this the most anticpated film of the year for me.

Last edited:
A step back in time

Mungo Jerry....In the summertime.
Jimmy Justice....When my little girl is smiling.
Lieutenant Pigeon....Mouldy old dough.
The Foundations......Build me up buttercup.
Chris Farlowe......Handbags and gladrags.

Beth Orton – She Cries Your Name
Carole King – Where You Lead
The Be Good Tanyas – Midnight Moonlight
Po' Girl – What Sad Old Song?
Shooglenifty – A Fistful of Euro/The New Rat, No. 6
Saint Etienne – Language Lab
Stevie Wonder – I Ain't Gonna Stand for It
Kate Rusby – Sir Eglamore [Live]
The Smiths – Panic
Sam & Dave – Hold On! I'm Comin'

Championship

P Pld Pts