What have you achieved today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we should lock them all in a steel container with a dozen Es and a ghetto blaster for a weekend. They can either kill each other or **** each other, but it'll all be sorted one way or another

Count me out...

I'm all for personal attacks if they are well natured, and as I said the only person who could claim to be offended was Fryatt Fox (although I suppose any homosexuals could be too, but there are none on here right?)
No, none at all. No women either.

Or coloureds.

I do wonder whether some posters are temperamentally suited to posting in General Chat. :icon_conf

I do wonder whether some posters are temperamentally suited to posting in General Chat. :icon_conf

That reminds me, surely there is something missing from this menu. I was expecting to see 'Care in...' as a sub category.
comm.jpg

Anybody that found Steven's jokey question as any kind of personal attack clearly has a very, very different mindset than I do.

Of course it was a personal attack. Why else would the question of sexual orientation be raised in response to a post about putting the heating on? Don't get me wrong, I'm all for personal attacks if they are well natured, and as I said the only person who could claim to be offended was Fryatt Fox (although I suppose any homosexuals could be too, but there are none on here right?)

As Rhydal has said, it was clearly personal, although the more important issue was the clear homophobic nature of the post. In my opinion, it went right across the line of the throw-away homosexual comments that posters regularly post on here, and to go to the 'trouble' of posting it was a clear statement.

As I said to the mod who actually seemed to realise the inappropriateness of the comment, it didn't bother me at all. On some forums, comments like that would have been ten-a-penny, but given some of the bans on this forum I felt that for a admin to post that was incredible hypocrisy on behalf of both Steven and the forum he 'represents'.

But it's alright, there's no homos on here...

As Rhydal has said, it was clearly personal, although the more important issue was the clear homophobic nature of the post. In my opinion, it went right across the line of the throw-away homosexual comments that posters regularly post on here, and to go to the 'trouble' of posting it was a clear statement.

As I said to the mod who actually seemed to realise the inappropriateness of the comment, it didn't bother me at all. On some forums, comments like that would have been ten-a-penny, but given some of the bans on this forum I felt that for a admin to post that was incredible hypocrisy on behalf of both Steven and the forum he 'represents'.

But it's alright, there's no homos on here...

And as I have previously said, I think you're trying to create drama where there is none.
I know that I have personally posted far more offensive things in the past, without causing such a ridiculously hysterical response.

And as I have previously said, I think you're trying to create drama where there is none.
I know that I have personally posted far more offensive things in the past, without causing such a ridiculously hysterical response.

Oh I think there was one occasion when you caused a hysterical response :icon_lol:

I found and bought a pair of North Face winter snow boots for less than £15 in Florida (yes, that's £, I'm converting the rate for you). Who would've thunked it?

I doubt there's many people thunking about the price of snow boots in Florida in fairness

Finally got my 3 dongle working on my Linux netbook :060:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570