Whisper it folks but.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
no im not just saying Bob Hazzell is wrong im also saying, the birch before the match said they would hope the deal would be done by the end of the week, which looks unlikely.

sorry i shouldnt have quoted your post my question wasnt aimed at your post, its just that bob is normally relaible and when he came here and posted the first post of this thread we all relied on the info, so when does it become wrong?

i don't know that he was 'wrong' but this rival bid has changed the whole situation. what would have been a done deal, is now being questioned again in light of a pottential alternative.

at least, thats how i see it.

fair enough I spose, if this rival bid exists, could just be the clubs way of gettin mm to move a little quicker.

sorry i shouldnt have quoted your post my question wasnt aimed at your post, its just that bob is normally relaible and when he came here and posted the first post of this thread we all relied on the info, so when does it become wrong?

ahhh get you. IMO MM is waiting for us to look like relegation candidates (which we are looking like now) so he can buy us at a cheaper price.

fair enough I spose, if this rival bid exists, could just be the clubs way of gettin mm to move a little quicker.

i don't think he would fall for that tbh. unless there was something official on the table i doubt it would affect him

it would however get a lot of shareholders thinking. if the bid doesn't exist, they might be tricked into holding off MM, waiting for it to materialise.

I would like to know i this rival bid was considered at the meeting on wednsday?

ahhh get you. IMO MM is waiting for us to look like relegation candidates (which we are looking like now) so he can buy us at a cheaper price.

surely that was the case when he first put the bid in!!:icon_lol:

But would he run the risk of relegation? He says he wants to get us back into the prem. He's hardly likely to want to let us drop into league 1 first.

But would he run the risk of relegation? He says he wants to get us back into the prem. He's hardly likely to want to let us drop into league 1 first.

maybe he had done the maths. Wait till all transfer deadlines have gone which will mean he wont have to fork out any money, then he buys at a cheaper price because we are doing crap in the league. 14 or so matches remain, sack RK then appoint another manager and they steer us clear of relegation. Then in the summer re-build. His probably not thinking that at all but its only my opinion.

Last edited:
i don't know that he was 'wrong' but this rival bid has changed the whole situation. what would have been a done deal, is now being questioned again in light of a pottential alternative.

Has this been confirmed by anybody semi-officialor is it just another rumour :102:

FT said they had a meeting and a list of questions to ask them.

They said they had a list of challenging questions for any party who wished to "ouline their vision for the future of the club".

They later confirmed that they and some other shareholders had attended.

Not so much a rumour this time as putting 2& 2 together and making 5 and a bit!

Last edited:
They said they had a list of challenging questions for any party who wished to "ouline their vision for the future of the club".

They later confirmed that they and some other shareholders had attended.

Not so much a rumour this time as putting 2& 2 together and making 5 and a bit!
Bloody hell OG, are you being paid by the FT.

If talking to another investor or third party isn't 4, I'd be very interested to know what they were actually doing, especially having given out as many clues as they are "allowed"

Last edited:
I wish somebody could take off the "thumbs-up" smiley that appears next to this thread......it somehow doesn't seem right

I wish somebody could take off the "thumbs-up" smiley that appears next to this thread......it somehow doesn't seem right

I think we're all worrying about nothing :icon_wink

Bloody hell OG, are you being paid by the FT.

If talking to another investor or third party isn't 4, I'd be very interested to know what they were actually doing, especially having given out as many clues as they are "allowed"

No, I wasn't seeking to defend them or whatever. I was responding to Feriol when he said he thought that (a) it was the FT who had said there was a rival bid and (b) that they had held a one-to-one meeting with the "bidders".

"Outlining a vision for the future" sounds like carefully chosen words to me, following all the speculation about a "bid". As I said in another thread it could just as easily have been, say, "What can we do if the MM bid collapses" as someone putting forward proposals for a bid or investment.

Last edited:
I have grave concerns we going to end up with the same numpties in the board room with just a burst of investment that should have happened earlier.

I have grave concerns we going to end up with the same numpties in the board room with just a burst of investment that should have happened earlier.

if MM doesnt come in then we need to make sure these ****ers resign. they cannot remain in charge

No, I wasn't seeking to defend them or whatever. I was responding to Feriol when he said he thought that (a) it was the FT who had said there was a rival bid and (b) that they had held a one-to-one meeting with the "bidders".

"Outlining a vision for the future" sounds like carefully chosen words to me, following all the speculation about a "bid". As I said in another thread it could just as easily have been, say, "What can we do if the MM bid collapses" as someone putting forward proposals for a bid or investment.
Sorry OG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670