Who is going Stoke away?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nothing yet.
Then leave me be, and don't associate me with him, it's not nice. Because I really do care how many tickets we've sold, and I'm concerned how many fans have missed out. I'm losing sleep over it FFS.

Someone on FT reckons we've sold all our allocation now, and Stoke have sold out too, so if you haven't got your ticket it's too late now.

As I understand it, more than is needed to ensure segregation is still unsold and unallocated to either club. I don't think we will get a decision on those seats until it is clear how relatively important the game is to the two clubs and have a decision from Sky on their live match.

I wouldn't expect to hear more before Monday morning.

As I understand it, more than is needed to ensure segregation is still unsold and unallocated to either club. I don't think we will get a decision on those seats until it is clear how relatively important the game is to the two clubs and have a decision from Sky on their live match.

I wouldn't expect to hear more before Monday morning.

and also they will not take into account the history between our two sets of fans. A few rows of empty seats as segregation or even a match that is unimportant to both teams will not stop any trouble. I think it is a stupid idea to put home fans in an end designed to hold away fans

A few rows of empty seats as segregation or even a match that is unimportant to both teams will not stop any trouble. I think it is a stupid idea to put home fans in an end designed to hold away fans

I agree.

Another thing that is going to cause difficulty is the away coaches and minibuses are normally parked between that stand and the road. Stoke fans will be able to get a lot nearer to them than usual and it will need a large police presence after the game to make sure that things do not get out of hand.

Last edited:
ok set the record straight

There is no rule that staes we have to give you a certain percentage of the capacity. That rule ONLY applies for CUp games.

We sold out our home end (23,000) some time last week. We offered your club a choice of 1,600, 2,500, 4,000 or 4,800 tickets. YOUR club chose 1,600. On this basis we started selling tickets for the two blocks on the opposite end of the stand.

Inside the concorse can be slit into 2 or 3 sections. To ensure saftey and confor of all fans this is usually ony seperate into two sections The concorses are quite narrow. This been the case, Stoke have had 2,000 you have had 1,600 leabein around 1,000 Free between you. Between the home fans and away fans behing the away end, Tempary fencing will be errected.

Jeff, I can assure you that you are wrong. For games past (i think) the 15th round stage. The percentage raises to 15%

Boy Genius. The reason why the concorse can be segregated is because the Stand is designed to hold both home and away fans

ok set the record straight

There is no rule that staes we have to give you a certain percentage of the capacity. That rule ONLY applies for CUp games.

We sold out our home end (23,000) some time last week. We offered your club a choice of 1,600, 2,500, 4,000 or 4,800 tickets. YOUR club chose 1,600. On this basis we started selling tickets for the two blocks on the opposite end of the stand.

Inside the concorse can be slit into 2 or 3 sections. To ensure saftey and confor of all fans this is usually ony seperate into two sections The concorses are quite narrow. This been the case, Stoke have had 2,000 you have had 1,600 leabein around 1,000 Free between you. Between the home fans and away fans behing the away end, Tempary fencing will be errected.

Whoever made the decision to take that amount of tickets is an absolute loon. I cannot beleive that.

Last edited:
Jeff, I can assure you that you are wrong. For games past (i think) the 15th round stage. The percentage raises to 15%

Boy Genius. The reason why the concorse can be segregated is because the Stand is designed to hold both home and away fans

:icon_eek: .... thats beyond the finals.

Whoever made the decision to take that amount of tickets is an absolute loon. I cannot beleive that.

Don't listen to him, he's talking rubbish.

26. DISTRIBUTION OF TICKETS

(a) All Rounds Preceding the Semi-Finals

In all matches preceding the Semi-Finals, the Visiting Club shall have the right to claim up to 15% of all accommodation for which tickets are issued providing these tickets are in a fully segregated area, and subject to the following regulations:

Taken from the FA website

Premier league rules state

2.3.1 3,000 tickets (or, if the capacity of the home club's ground is less than 30,000, such number of tickets as is equal to 10 per cent of its ground capacity) and, whether or not that allocation is taken up

Football league does not have such a rule

Last edited:
26. DISTRIBUTION OF TICKETS

(a) All Rounds Preceding the Semi-Finals

In all matches preceding the Semi-Finals, the Visiting Club shall have the right to claim up to 15% of all accommodation for which tickets are issued providing these tickets are in a fully segregated area, and subject to the following regulations:

Taken from the FA website

This isn't a cup game you plank.

thats why I said

The rule Applies for cup games ONLY !!

I was showing him the rule for cup games and for premier league games. and showing that the football league does that have such a rule!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't give a shit anyway as I have my ticket, as for parking I will park where I do for every Stoke match, which is well away from the away end.
As for segregation we will see how good it is.

NF you got your ticket OK?

Last edited:
thats why I said

The rule Applies for cup games ONLY !!

I was showing him the rule for cup games and for premier league games. and showing that the football league does that have such a rule!!!!
So how did you get your info on the ticket allocation then. Because I find it hard to believe that LCFC would go for the lower amount, as we usually take double that amount to a lot of the games......:102:

Last edited by a moderator:

The football league does have a rule, it's just very difficult to find out what it is online. I've found a couple of sites that say it's 10% but I'm still trying to find an official football league or club document that should prove it conclusively.

I'm doing the same, I can't find anything.

I know that us as Stoke fans have contacted the football league over our allocation and we have been told that it is between the clubs to decide the allocation.

I suppose Leicester opted for the lower amount because they have to pay for any tickets in which they don't sell (that is what I'm told anyway)

If you are safe by that game and it does prove to be meaningless. Would you take 4,800. I think not...at £20 a licket thats 10 grand that the club will ahve to fork out.

I'm doing the same, I can't find anything.

I know that us as Stoke fans have contacted the football league over our allocation and we have been told that it is between the clubs to decide the allocation.

I suppose Leicester opted for the lower amount because they have to pay for any tickets in which they don't sell (that is what I'm told anyway)

If you are safe by that game and it does prove to be meaningless. Would you take 4,800. I think not...at £20 a licket thats 10 grand that the club will ahve to fork out.

tickets not sold do not have to be paid for, they are just returned. That is something that operates in the premiership. Most of our matches are meaningless and 4800 would not have been out of the question.

The last definite rules I know of (from a few years ago), are that football league clubs must be given a minimum of 10% (or 3,000 if lower than 10%), with no obligation to pay for unsold tickets.

In the Premiership clubs can have 5% of the capacity without having to pay for unsold tickets, but if they request the full 10% allocation the home club can make them pay for unsold tickets from the second part of the allocation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669