Who should stay and who should go

Status
Not open for further replies.

TornadoShaunUK

Wall of text

I still don't think any of that means that Hobbs won't fit into the team at all. I still disagree and I think he could still fit in here regardless of the type of defense Sven likes to play. Still I expect he'll make the right call, personally I think selling Fryatt wasn't a particularly bad choice, and I expect if Sven thinks Hobbs is good enough then he'll be in and around the squad next season. Likewise if he doesn't he'll probably be off to Hull.

Tunchev is similar, he isn't very quick but it doesn't mean he won't fit in here. Would you reject a fully fit Tunchev based purely on his lack of pace?

If you go about and pick some of the best center backs the game has ever seen I'd wager the majority of them were not blessed with speed.

Off on a tangent slightly, I have always felt the high defensive line is a bit too risky, particularly at our level with all the more direct footbal that is played. I'd argue something needs to change defensively because we have been piss poor there this season.

Samir Nasri

Dany N'Guessan - As much as I like him, I dont see Sven making space for him.
Franck Moussa - I like Franck too. I think he's better than N'Guessan, but I cant see him getting a sniff.
Conrad Logan - Time to say goodbye and good luck to this fella
Robbie Neilson - You've come under a lot of unfair criticism at times but the bottom line is you aren't good enough.
Aman Verma - :icon_lol:

Blue Maniac

Alzheimers sufferer
****ing hell! The Profosaurus has turned into Andy Gray, brilliant
I disagree. PR knows the game quite well; he also knows most of the rules and, to my knowledge, hasn't invented any of his own or asserted, without basis, things that are manifestly false.

No. Definitely not Andy Gray.

Feriol

My two pennies worth on the high line debate.

I think having more disciplined full backs would make a difference, (having one stay in line when one goes forward) as having the 3rd man, to cover behind would tidy up some of the through balls, and would enable the ball to be pressed more effectively, cutting out, or deminishing the quality of the through balls.

Strikers are always going to be faster than defenders. and i prefer the gamble of the higher line.

At this level it should be possible for a defence with Hobbs to limit the chances most of the teams we'll face can create.

Blaby blue blood

My two pennies worth on the high line debate.

I think having more disciplined full backs would make a difference, (having one stay in line when one goes forward) as having the 3rd man, to cover behind would tidy up some of the through balls, and would enable the ball to be pressed more effectively, cutting out, or deminishing the quality of the through balls.

Strikers are always going to be faster than defenders. and i prefer the gamble of the higher line.

At this level it should be possible for a defence with Hobbs to limit the chances most of the teams we'll face can create.

Unless your name is Steve Howard!

Steven

Leave Steve out of it! It's his birthday today, you should be celebrating his achievements! :icon_wink

Awaits the inevitable mocking, the lack of Howard's achievements to be posted & the insults to begin...

DD and I always knew he was a top man. :icon_bigg :038:

4-4-2

I'm not convinced he'll stay. I just can't see how he's going to feature if we sign the likes of Yakubu, Kamara or anyone else. Sven may just want him around the club to be an older, experienced head.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670