Who should we go for now Megson has jumped ship?

Status
Not open for further replies.
While I think essentially you are right Mike, and I don't want us to fall in the RK trap, last night I watched Taggs for a while during the second half and I must say I liked the way he held himself and kicked every ball etc... Sounds silly, but he really looked the part - the players definitely reacted with respect too.

I think this is something that shouldn't be ruled out at all.

While I think essentially you are right Mike, and I don't want us to fall in the RK trap, last night I watched Taggs for a while during the second half and I must say I liked the way he held himself and kicked every ball etc... Sounds silly, but he really looked the part - the players definitely reacted with respect too.

So, keep them around the place - Taggs can make the tea and the old bloke can fetch fresh marker pens when the other ones run out.

But make them the new management team?

I don't think so.

our cup over the last few season has out shone our league form (beating Spurs kept levein in a job for a few more weeks than he would have lasted) we need to start performing aginst the side we should be beating to get out of this division and not just heroics aginst the teams from the top division.

Trust me - it will be Newell.............................

:tumbleweed:

When you espoused Megson last time, I laughed at the ignorance of the fairer sex upon matters of importance.
You may accuse me of being misogynic, but, I hope, not stupid: therefore, treating this rumour with the respect it deserves, I should not be too disappointed. I only hope that, if he comes, he too has learned the foolishness of making silly remarks about female intelligence.

I actually agree with this. And even though FB looks like a right weirdo, I actually think he's very down to earth, has a sense of humour and seems to have the respect of the players, and is also winning over the fans (I saw a few people with sick on moustaches and flat caps at the game last night)

When you espoused Megson last time, I laughed at the ignorance of the fairer sex upon matters of importance.
You may accuse me of being misogynic, but, I hope, not stupid: therefore, treating this rumour with the respect it deserves, I should not be too disappointed. I only hope that, if he comes, he too has learned the foolishness of making silly remarks about female intelligence.

Georgies blog was tipping Newell virtually from the day Megson left.

I think Keegan is being won over by the expressions of desire for him from some sections of the support.

C'mon Kev - throw your hat in the ring!

I think we should employ all the names in the running.

In a sort of 5-3-2 managerial formation.

Why the fcuk have some people fallen for Frank ' I have only been here 7 weeks, and if that Ginger cnut had took me to Bolton I wouldn't be here now, but I am a fully fledged Blue Mongie' Burrows. He is a decent Assistant that is it, he has stepped into the breach and we have done ok but do we really want to go down this route again.

The truth is Burrows has had his day, he hasn't managed for many a long year and to take a chance on him because of a battling display at Chelsea, would be foolhardy in the extreme.

Why the fcuk have some people fallen for Frank ' I have only been here 7 weeks, and if that Ginger cnut had took me to Bolton I wouldn't be here now, but I am a fully fledged Blue Mongie' Burrows. He is a decent Assistant that is it, he has stepped into the breach and we have done ok but do we really want to go down this route again.

The truth is Burrows has had his day, he hasn't managed for many a long year and to take a chance on him because of a battling display at Chelsea, would be foolhardy in the extreme.

I agree. Whats with the Depardieu by the way?

I would like to think that Taggs could be involved in the next management structure, even though he is still learning his trade, and Milan might insist upon it, but I am not convinced about Burrows.
How long has he been Megson's right hand man? Presumably Megson kept him on because of a shared 'vision', 'Do not let in goals, and you will not lose' or whatever.
Can he change to what our fans want which is closer to the Keegan-like, 'Just score more goals than they do'.
I do not question Frank's long experience and knowledge of the game, simply whether he can adapt to a winning style that has appeal with the fans.
I do not go with BG's oft made assertion that winning is ALL that matters. Of course it is vital, but if our club is too once again grow big, that will not happen with a season ticket 'core' of around 15000 watching 0-0 and 1-0.
To get 30000+ we need to play entertaining football, which means passion, always trying to win, never trying to defend a 1 goal lead. Like the Chelsea game, we lost because we were trying to win rather than draw.
Milan knows if he wants us in the Premiership with an expanded stadium of 40000+, he has to bring in an extra 25000+ 'fair-weather' fans who will only turn up to see entertaining football, not 1 goal up after 10 minutes and 11 men behind the ball for the next 80 minutes!

When did megson leave?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4469