Who was the best team to visit the Walkers this season?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PONTUS KAAMARK

I was thinking about this as I watched the Championship this morning and its a bloody hard question!!

Off the big teams, Reading were below thier best due to the occasion and we pssissed all over Sheff U. Palace lacked any killer touch up front and Leeds had no invention even up against 10 men. Prestons tactics were disapointing.

I really cant think of a team this season who have come to the Walkers and looked alot better and classier than us. Last year I was really impressed with Reading who I think would have been better this season if there hadnt been so much riding on the game.

So who was the best team?

Very hard question there. If you wanted us to answer for last season, I would probably have to say Wigan. Not sure why though, I can just remember thinking after the game how good they were. (At playing proper football)

Last edited:
I would have to say Reading, they passed it around well and generally looked a decent team.

Pretty poor standard of football all round this year, quite lucky really

Duzza said:
Nobody stood out for me, I thought we could beat all of them.

me too. and hopefully we will next season and win the league, planning to put £50 on us getting promoted next season

Nobody stood out for me either. I did think that the only team that came to Walkers and played well with their robust style were Luton, but looking what we done to them in the return match makes me feel it was a one off. Been to a few away matches and can't remember any decent performances against us.

From day one I said it was a poor League,not a lot between the top teams and those who ended up relegated.Saying that you only have to look at their points tally to realise Reading were well ahead of their opposition

Nobody really stood out but to me the team that dominated us the most was Luton in their 2-0 win.

OK who was the worst team? For me it has to be Crewe who looked like a pub team until they scored. Mind you we still couldnt beat them!!

PONTUS KAAMARK said:
OK who was the worst team? For me it has to be Crewe who looked like a pub team until they scored. Mind you we still couldnt beat them!!

Did you see us at Crewe? They ripped us to pieces in the first half hour :eek:

highland fox said:
From day one I said it was a poor League,not a lot between the top teams and those who ended up relegated.Saying that you only have to look at their points tally to realise Reading were well ahead of their opposition
:038: :038: Spot on highlander....

probably soon to be coalville town

some time in may 7th or 9th i think, its defo at the walkers. anyone going

Best team imo were preston. looked fairly solid and didn't panic when they went behind.

Worst team have to be derby. For 75 mins we ripped them to shreds and should have been 4/5-0 up. how they ended up with a point i'll never know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669