Who will be next...

Status
Not open for further replies.
For information - the latest loan the owners made has a 6% interest rate (detailed in the latest set of published accounts, but don't have them in front of me currently to state figure). The accounts also detail how much interest was paid during 2011/12 season - will detail this tonight

The club stated when releasing those accounts that they had an intention to convert loans to equity, but we don't know if that is all of the loans or some of them. We have requested a meeting with the Finance Director to go through the accounts, obviously that would be one area to clarify, along with their plans to achieve FFP targets for the 2013/14 season.

Presumably it won't be a loans to equity conversion to the same extent as Al Fayed at Fulham, but I would be interested to see your follow up post. Plans to achieve FFP would be interesting given that the current level of salaries at the club is (or at least was at May 2012) £27m.

Di Matteo would be the best candidate mentioned by a mile for me, but there's no chance in hell Leicester City could get the current Champions League and FA Cup holder on board.

McCarthy I'd be happy with, but mainly because he makes me laugh, but he also has proven pedigree at getting teams promoted out this division.

Rosler is a wildcard and it's hard to know which way it would go, but he's a young manager who shows potential and would certainly be a lot better option than many of the usual suspects though. Blaarev might be able to shed more light on how he got on in Norway?
Sorry, didn't notice this until now.

He wasn't too successful in his first job as coach for Lillestrøm. They didn't do as well as expected and he was sacked along with his assistant Gunnar Halle after two seasons. In retrospective they did quite well under him wit two 4th places and a lost cup final. Apart from winning the Cup in 2007, the seasons after he left has been more disappointing.

His next post was at Viking who he led to a 3rd place in his first season. Didn't quite follow that up and was sacked after 3 seasons.

He was then "unemplyed"/TV-pundit until Molde, nearly in a relegation postion, sacked their manager with 8 games left of the 2010 season. He turned them around and they got 20 points in their last 8 games. A turnaround similar to what Leicester could need at the moment.....

He's quite likeable and funny in interviews. He tried his best to speak in Norwegian but all his sentences were a beautiful mix of Norwegian, German and English words. Comedy stuff at times!

Seems to do a good job at Brentford. Don't know if that makes him the right man for us.

Last edited:
Hmmmm, nope. It's still got me stumped. Is it answer C, Cliff Richard?

MON's ego means he could very well be at Leeds next season to try and do better than Brian Clough.

He's turned them down twice before, if he accepts it now then I'd say it shows where he believes he has fallen to.

MON's ego means he could very well be at Leeds next season to try and do better than Brian Clough.

I would hate for MON to go down in my estimations, I hope he considers this.

I'd be genuinely happier if City were being run according to their means. If that meant that we struggled then so be it. Football clubs spend more they can afford to and a sugar daddy who is just covering cash flow in the form of loans against the club, in my opinion, is unacceptable. At least in the long term the club would be secure, something that many clubs (including our own) probably aren't. Eventually things will catch up with football and I'd rather City were run soundly and achieved success through good management, rather than spending money they cant afford.

Thanks a lot but this sounds too much like real life.

I'm all for cutting back on wages for players who aren't worth it - although as we all (should) know this is easier said than done.

I'd prefer to see the owners continue to cash roll the club but with better players i.e. midfielders who can put in a tackle rather than have ghost written articles in the Mockery - and a manager who is able to motivate.

As to who will be next - well we don't know who will be looking for a job if and when Pearson gets the chop (presumably) if and when the play offs are out of reach.

As it happens i can forsee a situation arising where it's difficult to recruit anyone better than Pearson especially if we turn in a show between now and the end of the season.

Thanks a lot but this sounds too much like real life.

I'm all for cutting back on wages for players who aren't worth it - although as we all (should) know this is easier said than done.

I'd prefer to see the owners continue to cash roll the club but with better players i.e. midfielders who can put in a tackle rather than have ghost written articles in the Mockery - and a manager who is able to motivate.

As to who will be next - well we don't know who will be looking for a job if and when Pearson gets the chop (presumably) if and when the play offs are out of reach.

As it happens i can forsee a situation arising where it's difficult to recruit anyone better than Pearson especially if we turn in a show between now and the end of the season.

The problem is, the wages are so disproportionate, how do you judge if they are worth it? Is even the best player worth £20k a week? Or the worst £50 a week? There is no sense to the salary beyond the ability of the agent to extract the most money that they can.

The problem is, the wages are so disproportionate, how do you judge if they are worth it? Is even the best player worth £20k a week? Or the worst £50 a week? There is no sense to the salary beyond the ability of the agent to extract the most money that they can.

The criteria for evaluating worth is as follows: results - results - results.

You are way off the mark again in saying " There is no sense etc etc". The model of unrestricted leverage by agents is not the only option. Bigger and better clubs than Leicester have wage structure ceilings. Part of the problem as I've previously mentioned is that we are something of a soft touch. We over pay mediocrities or alternatively players come herr as half decent and somehow the air that they breathe turns them into mediocrities.

Is that not capitalism in action? A player is 'worth' more money the more he gives to the team. The owners and management team are there to make a decision as to how good a potential signing is. The fact that Leicester City have made the wrong call too often does not negate the system.

Is that not capitalism in action? A player is 'worth' more money the more he gives to the team. The owners and management team are there to make a decision as to how good a potential signing is. The fact that Leicester City have made the wrong call too often does not negate the system.

Have they made the wrong call then? How do you judge that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669