Why isn't this illegal ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because a legal substance , alcohol , caused somebody's murder you think we should legalise other drugs so that people can be murdered by junkies.

That's a huge jump in logic you've made there.
Hundreds of thousands of people in the UK alone are using all manner of illegal substances every single day without murdering anybody.

How would that be progress?

Based on the false premise that you've presented, it wouldn't be progress.
Getting rid of the pointless prohibition (and generating a huge amount of money for the Treasury) would be massive progress.

That's a huge jump in logic you've made there.
Hundreds of thousands of people in the UK alone are using all manner of illegal substances every single day without murdering anybody.

Steven's point was that alcoholics murder people, some do obviously. But there are numerous recorded cases of people who have been murdered by people high on drugs.
Are you saying that because drunks kill people that makes it acceptable for drug addicts to kill people as well?

Based on the false premise that you've presented, it wouldn't be progress.
Getting rid of the pointless prohibition (and generating a huge amount of money for the Treasury) would be massive progress.

Very much doubt that would happen. People who break the law by buying drugs aren't going to be worried about not paying duty on their drugs. They'll carry on buying their drugs from the same scumbags as before.

P.S.
I read at the weekend that cocaine growers slash and burn thousands of hectares of rain forest to grow their crop every year.
Not only are you supporting gangsters ,murderers, extortionists and thugs, you are destroying the planet too.

Last edited:
Steven's point was that alcoholics murder people, some do obviously. But there are numerous recorded cases of people who have been murdered by people high on drugs.
Are you saying that because drunks kill people that makes it acceptable for drug addicts to kill people as well?

Of course I'm not saying that, how do you even get to that conclusion? :102:

I don't know what Steven's point was, but there are also numerous cases of people murdered by others who haven't taken any substance. Should we outlaw being sober?

The point is, drugs (including legal drugs) don't cause murder, ****ish individuals cause murder.

Very much doubt that would happen. People who break the law by buying drugs aren't going to be worried about not paying duty on their drugs. They'll carry on buying their drugs from the same scumbags as before.

Nonsense.
If I had a choice of buying the drugs I wanted from a licensed, regulated outlet, with the knowledge that what I am buying is unadulterated, is of a fixed quality and weight and would carry no legal repercussions, why the **** would I go elsewhere?

I read at the weekend that cocaine growers slash and burn thousands of hectares of rain forest to grow their crop every year.
Not only are you supporting gangsters ,murderers, extortionists and thugs, you are destroying the planet too.

I would very much doubt that. The Coca plant is grown in forested jungle areas, not out in the open. Why would they 'slash and burn thousands of hectares of rain forest'?

Millions of hectares of rainforest are slashed and burned to provide pasture for beef farmers. So, if you eat McDonald's not only are you a fat **** with no taste buds, you are destroying the planet too.

Of course I'm not saying that, how do you even get to that conclusion? :102:

I don't know what Steven's point was, but there are also numerous cases of people murdered by others who haven't taken any substance. Should we outlaw being sober?

The point is, drugs (including legal drugs) don't cause murder, ****ish individuals cause murder.

Fair point, that was more aimed at Steven than you.
Nonsense.
If I had a choice of buying the drugs I wanted from a licensed, regulated outlet, with the knowledge that what I am buying is unadulterated, is of a fixed quality and weight and would carry no legal repercussions, why the **** would I go elsewhere?

For the same reason people buy their fags and booze from international lorry drivers in the pub.Because it's cheaper.
I would very much doubt that. The Coca plant is grown in forested jungle areas, not out in the open. Why would they 'slash and burn thousands of hectares of rain forest'?

Millions of hectares of rainforest are slashed and burned to provide pasture for beef farmers. So, if you eat McDonald's not only are you a fat **** with no taste buds, you are destroying the planet too.

The Colombian airforce spot the crops from the air and then either spray them with weedkiller or send troops in and burn them, forcing the growers to find new areas.
Not only that, the chemicals used to remove the paste from the leaves are dumped in the rivers after they have been used, poisoning the area.

not only are you a fat **** with no taste buds,

I prefer the term portly.

For the same reason people buy their fags and booze from international lorry drivers in the pub.Because it's cheaper.

Okay, I two points to that. Firstly, what makes you think they'll be cheaper on the black market? Drugs are already sold at vastly over-inflated prices precisely because they are illegal.
Secondly, you're not comparing like with like. If you buy snide fags or booze off of a lorry driver in the pub, they have come from an already regulated market and haven't been knocked together with all kinds of unknown shit.

The Colombian airforce spot the crops from the air and then either spray them with weedkiller or send troops in and burn them, forcing the growers to find new areas.

I wasn't aware that Columbia had an airforce, but okay. So it's the Columbian airforce that is destroying these rainforests with weedkiller and defoliants, not the coca farmers.

Not only that, the chemicals used to remove the paste from the leaves are dumped in the rivers after they have been used, poisoning the area.

Which is an excellent argument for making it a regulated and controlled industry.

I wasn't aware that Columbia had an airforce, but okay. So it's the Columbian airforce that is destroying these rainforests with weedkiller and defoliants, not the coca farmers..

the columbian authorities destroy the crops, funded by the good old US of A

the crop is grown on deforested land though

the real rainforest destroyer is western demand...

Last edited:

So, the moral of the story is, when you're buying drugs always try and make sure you know where it's come from and what is in it.
This is what happens when you have illegal trade.

The only common sense way forward is to legalise and regulate all substances.

So, the moral of the story is, when you're buying drugs always try and make sure you know where it's come from and what is in it.
This is what happens when you have illegal trade.

The only common sense way forward is to legalise and regulate all substances.

Tabacco and acohol are both legal and regulated.

i have to say that i've had a dabble on 'world of warcraft'. Quite entertaining really.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669