Willy Mason

Status
Not open for further replies.
I take it you're getting the train to Brum. If so, good luck on the run/taxi onto the last train home.

Yes we are.

Last train is apparently at 10:10 - so yeah we have gotta run like crazy! It's a long bloody walk home if we miss it!

Yes we are.

Last train is apparently at 10:10 - so yeah we have gotta run like crazy! It's a long bloody walk home if we miss it!
I missed the train back from the NEC.

I went to see George Michael in the early 90's. It was the night the first gulf war broke out. I had to sleep in New Street station with a wasted travelling scouser and his pocket radio listening to an all night talk show about the war.

I had £80 in my pocket and this cnut was doing my head in, I thought he was going to kill me and steal my money, but no, it was much ****ing worse than that!!, the cnut wouldn't shut up commenting on his ****ing political views about the war and kept poking me when I nodded off

Longest night of my life that bastard was

Yes we are.

You've no hope, he wasn't on stage at the Charlotte til 10.10pm. if you pre book a cab its £50 back from Brum - we did it when we saw KOL so if there is enough of you its not too bad. For 7 of us it was cheaper to get a cab there and back than buy individual train tickets, plus we got dropped off at the venue which is a 20 minute walk.

Last edited:
Why not just stay in Birmingham.

I thought he was good MHS, maybe went on for about 30 mins too long though, although I did get my photo with him and he was being a mardy bastard

My mate got his album covers signed by him.

One reason he went on a bit too long was because me and my mate shouted a song out, and he played it, and he carried on with the song requests. :icon_redf

I missed the train back from the NEC.

I went to see George Michael in the early 90's. It was the night the first gulf war broke out. I had to sleep in New Street station with a wasted travelling scouser and his pocket radio listening to an all night talk show about the war.

I had £80 in my pocket and this cnut was doing my head in, I thought he was going to kill me and steal my money, but no, it was much ****ing worse than that!!, the cnut wouldn't shut up commenting on his ****ing political views about the war and kept poking me when I nodded off

Longest night of my life that bastard was

Reminds me of the time I went to the NEC to see Feeder with a mate last year. Great gig (didn't like GLC though), but just towards the end my mate pokes me and says shouldn't we be off to catch the train now? I said don't worry, I asked at the station and they said the last train is at ten past 12 - never trust people from Stoke.

Arrived at the station to find that there were no trains to Stoke or Leicester at that time and that a cab would cost around 70 quid, which neither me nor my mate had. Went to a bar to have a few beers and come up with a plan of action, found out about a 24 hour pub nearby - went there, couldn't get in. Went back to the station to wait there til morning - locked. At this stage we bumped in to a man trying to sell us drugs - we walked away quickly. Tried to get some kip in the market, where I was rudely awakened by a group of women urinating next to me - me and my mate ran away.

We then bumped in the druggie and his mate, who was quite an unsavoury character, who tried to sell us drugs again. We left and went to sit down on a couple of benches we saw - some git had left a trip wire across the path - I fell over and smashed my knee on the ground.

We then tried to sneak in to the back entrance of a hotel and were quickly told to piss off. Wandered the streets til 6 30, then went to McDonalds where the druggie and his friend were sat eating breakfast - they came over and made fun of our clothes - their clothes were filthy and had great big holes in! We sat away from, but we could hear them planning to mug us when we got outside - "you get the tall one, I'll grab the other one" etc. We ran away, again then got the train back to Stoke. Quite eventful really.

Last edited:
Reminds me of the time I went to the NEC to see Feeder with a mate last year. Great gig (didn't like GLC though), but just towards the end my mate pokes me and says shouldn't we be off to catch the train now? I said don't worry, I asked at the station and they said the last train is at ten past 12 - never trust people from Stoke.

Arrived at the station to find that there were no trains to Stoke or Leicester at that time and that a cab would cost around 70 quid, which neither me nor my mate had. Went to a bar to have a few beers and come up with a plan of action, found out about a 24 hour pub nearby - went there, couldn't get in. Went back to the station to wait there til morning - locked. At this stage we bumped in to a man trying to sell us drugs - we walked away quickly. Tried to get some kip in the market, where I was rudely awakened by a group of women urinating next to me - me and my mate ran away.

We then bumped in the druggie and his mate, who was quite an unsavoury character, who tried to sell us drugs again. We left and went to sit down on a couple of benches we saw - some git had left a trip wire across the path - I fell over and smashed my knee on the ground.

We then tried to sneak in to the back entrance of a hotel and were quickly told to piss off. Wandered the streets til 6 30, then went to McDonalds where the druggie and his friend were sat eating breakfast - they came over and made fun of our clothes - their clothes were filthy and had great big holes in! We sat away from, but we could hear them planning to mug us when we got outside - "you get the tall one, I'll grab the other one" etc. We ran away, again then got the train back to Stoke. Quite eventful really.

I was at the very same gig, although it was no-where near as eventful.

Although my sister did take a wrong turn on the way home and we ended up lost in the middle of Covscum.

Although my sister did take a wrong turn on the way home and we ended up lost in the middle of Covscum.
Blimey O'Riley, come on, tell us the full story. You can't feed us little snippets and then leave it at that :icon_wink

Blimey O'Riley, come on, tell us the full story. You can't feed us little snippets and then leave it at that :icon_wink

Like I said, not very evenful:icon_lol:

Anyway shut it you fool!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673