Wolverhampton Wanderers - Championship - Saturday 9th December 2006

Status
Not open for further replies.

bocadillo

Water Gypsy
k.o. 3:00 p.m.

Tickets
We've been allocated 1,367 seats for this match and will, as usual be accommodated in the Lower Tier of the Steve Bull Stand - no, they've not moved us; it's just a new name for the old, old John Ireland Stand. Tickets are priced at £27 for adults and £14 for students, 16 and unders and Seniors (under 65) - Wolves charge these prices for all games; I suppose we should be pleased that they are not making extra money out of our visits as the shaggers did last week!

Tickets will go on sale as follows:
Monday 27th November - Season Ticket Holders Priority 1
Tuesday 28th November - Season Ticket Holders Priority 2
Wednesday 29th November - Season Ticket Holders Priority 3
Thursday 30th November - Members
Friday 1st December - General Sale

(This does seem to be a small allocation and presumably more tickets will be obtained if it looks likely that we will sell out.)

Coaches
FoxTravel will be leaving at 12:30. Adults travel for £13.50, concessions for £11.50 - with season ticket holders getting a quid discount in each case.

Directions
M69
M6 to Junction 10
A454 towards Wolverhampton (be wary of the many speed cameras!!).
When you reach the Ring Road A4150, turn right onto the Ring Road.
As you approach the 2nd set of lights look for the signs for football parking. The ground is over the 2nd set of lights on the right. Alternatively if you turn left into the city centre you may find a space in one of the many council run 'pay & display' car parks.

0,,10307~458953,00.jpg

Just less than 60 miles - about 1¼ hours, or a bit more if you get stuck in traffic on the M6!

(I doubt whether much time can be saved by using the M6Toll - you could try it up to Junction T8, then A460 into Wolverhampton; or A460, M54 to enter Wolverhampton from the north via the A449. There are really loads of alternatives, but I generally find the A454 the most convenient approach)

Trains
Journey time of about 1½ hours with a single change at Birmingham New Street. Cheap Day Return fare is £10.80 - GroupSave fares apply, meaning that groups of 3 travel for £7.20 each and groups of 4 for £5.40 each (NB Such groups must ensure that they travel by Central Trains between New Street and Wolverhampton)

The ground is about 15 minutes walk from the station.

Pubs
Most of the grounds around the ground will allow admit home fans, although well-behaved away fans in small groups should have no difficulty getting a drink in the town centre. London Branch use the Great Western which is behind the station, near where the old Low Level station used to be - Real Ale and decent pub food at a reasonable price.

There was no equivalent thread last season. :icon_wink

Last edited:
And can you provide some directions while you're at it.......?

Turn left
Turn right
Several times
In no particular order.

When you see the floodlights, you're there!

Turn left
Turn right
Several times
In no particular order.

When you see the floodlights, you're there!

You've obviously been in a car when Mrs Homer is giving directions.......

You've obviously been in a car when Mrs Homer is giving directions.......

eeerrrr... what has she been saying?
:icon_redf

eeerrrr... what has she been saying?
:icon_redf

She said you offered to take her all the way on Saturday, but that you got a bit confused and ended up taking her up the dirty old Baseball Ground

I assumed she was talking about the trip to Derby.........?

gonna be there most likely-in the wolves end (what am i going to do when we score/they score :icon_eek: )

I did that once and jumped up and shouted hand ball when one of the cheating orange shirts went down in the area and swept the ball away with his hand. Got some right dirty looks but little trouble, typical brummies all mouth now action.

Is it any cheaper in the Wolves end.

The ends are four quid cheaper. City fans are paying the same price as Wolves fan who occupy similar accommodation, as required by Football League rules.

Went there when they did us 4-1 about 3 years ago. I think Dickov scored a pen for us.

Main thing that sticks in my mind is the amount of nutters outside waiting for it to kick off and riot police on on about every flyover near the ground!

Probably go though all the same ..... all good fun i suppose!:)

Talking from past experience, just hope Wolves dont score...
Is it any cheaper in the Wolves end.
im not sure-my sisters bf is a wolves fan and im going with him and my sister, so thats why were likely to be in the wolves end.

Last edited:
I have the day off so am contemplating going. Bit near Christmas with the cash situation but think I may go.

Few of my mates support Wolves ill be there unfortunetly in the home end.

I really do hate Wolves they are probably my 2nd choice of my most hated clubs :098:

im not sure-my sisters bf is a wolves fan and im going with him and my sister, so thats why were likely to be in the wolves end.

I just thought it being cheaper and you now living in near-by Brum made it a factor that you were to be in the Wolves End.

Just hope for 1-0 win City, because first goal you're okay with it you have you're wits about you but if the second and third goes in, you're so interested in it. You're bound to do some'ut.

I would just like to say again what a considerable rip-off I think £27 quid is again and it's not even a Championship promotion battle.

..............I would just like to say again what a considerable rip-off I think £27 quid is again and it's not even a Championship promotion battle.

This is the main sticking point on whether me and me mates are going or not, lot of money for what will probably be a nothing game. (you wait it will be 5-5 now).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566