Post Match Wolves 2 Leicester 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fact is we are pretty toothless up front without Vardy. It’s ****ing dreadful

And we haven’t kept a clean sheet away from home in the League for over a year

Not rocket science to see why we are shit
And sadly for us he is now 35. I don’t know what we do when he retires.

For those saying their second shouldn't have been disallowed and Kasper's view wasn't blocked...

FMDwn3MXIAgSOz9

Apologies - ‘defend like that’ I took as meaning the defence.
I really don’t think we can or should be too hard on the whole team (inc Brendan) today. We battered Wolves. Probably the polar opposite of the opening game of the season.
The midfielders defend too.

Yep was definitely the reverse of the opening game. Not sure how we won that.

For those saying their second shouldn't have been disallowed and Kasper's view wasn't blocked...

FMDwn3MXIAgSOz9

He was finger tips away and he would have had to wait a split second before diving… such a clear decision. Doesn’t fit in with the narrative of some on here though…

Continue to play like we did today and we'll finish higher in the table than we are now.
And we'll play better than this when the likes of Fofana, Evans, Barnes, Justin and Vardy are back.
I am sorry Jeff but I don’t agree. We are now so used to playing badly that a half decent game looks like success. It isn’t though. We still lost. We have shown really very little consistency in performance. At times we have a go, then for weeks we seemingly don’t venture out of our own half. If we concede two goals a game going forwards the top 6 is total fantasy.

Our current form is dreadful. We might squeak it by virtue of what we have on the board already and the fact that the bottom 3 really do belonging there on their form… but if we carry this into next season we would be nailed on for relegation. We are that bad.

He was finger tips away and he would have had to wait a split second before diving… such a clear decision. Doesn’t fit in with the narrative of some on here though…

I don't understand why VAR didn't review this camera angle.

The one they used was to the side of the opposite goal so it gave the wrong impression.

Yes it was, or you watched the wrong game.
Wolves were very poor today. Yet we never seriously threatened to score a second goal. We had spells of pressure and some good play, but how many saves did we force their keeper into? Every time they attacked we looked vulnerable, and that’s without any of the back four making a massive ricket. When Wolves had the opportunity to shoot from outside the box, they scored. Maddison and Tielemans didn’t hit the target.

If that’s the result and performance when we play well and all the players are putting in a shift, it’s more worrying to me than the Forest debacle, when they all had a mare and didn’t seem to give a shit.

Without playing well, Wolves were more clinical with their few chances than we were, and they soaked up our pressure without too much hassle. They were some good individual performances on our side and I can’t question the attitude or commitment. But it wasn’t a robbery.

FMDwn3MXIAgSOz9
VAR, and football is general, is ****ed. Until there is some semblance of consistency, it's just a roll of the dice.

Our set pieces today were ****ing hideous.
We used to see on TV James Maddison practicing his free-kicks like David Beckham - that was what he was supposed to be better at than ANYONE!

What's happened?

We used to see on TV James Maddison practicing his free-kicks like David Beckham - that was what he was supposed to be better at than ANYONE!

What's happened?
I’m quite happy for Maddison to focus on other areas of his game at the expense of many possibly scoring one or two direct free kicks a season.

It was the dozens of corners and free kicks they aimlessly dollied straight at their keeper.

Kasper should have done better with both goals, even though he was obscured by an offside Jimenez for the first goal.
I thought that was the second goal.

We played loads, loads better today.

We were unlucky to lose. The defending for their goals wasn't great by any means but not as obviously shambolic as it has been, and outside of the two goals we defended reasonably throughout, particularly for a team whose defensive confidence is shot.

Having said that, despite playing well we didn't ever get either of our strikers into the game. I don't really remember Daka or Nacho having any significant touches of the ball. They both had a shit game but hard to know if that's down to them, down to not having the right service, or Wolves centre backs doing a good job on keeping them out of the game. Probably a combination of all 3. But I do think even though he did **** all on the ball, Daka did keep the Wolves centre backs busy with trying to find space which then helped create space for others.

The signs were more promising today, but tbh also I think shows where we genuinely are with this squad right now.

With the players out injured and the form of those available, we are a mid table club and that's where we are right now.

If we'd had at least 2 of Vardy, Barnes, Maddison at full fitness today in that team, we'd have won.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566