Post Match Wolves 2 Leicester 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Much better than of late but we are toothless up front. Daka was awful once again and Iheanacho looked like he was wearing clown shoes. Without Vardy and Barnes we are utterly hopeless in attack. Lookman had his best game for us and Tielemans was both brilliant and ****ing awful. Ndidi however, stunk the place out.

I am bored. That’s the problem for me. It’s boring watching us make the same mistakes over and over again. We were better today, there is no denying that and if we play to that level and integrate our better players back into the fold then we will finish higher than we are now but we need a spark. I don’t agree with all this ‘end of an era’ nonsense. It feels to me exactly the same as the year after our title win; we bought in a load of shit, had a couple of want away players and had a manager who was trying different things every game out of sheer panic; it’s a carbon copy. We built our way out of that and can do so again. I’m glad Rodgers seems to be sticking to a more settled approach but I do think the time has come for us to move onto someone new. There are peaks and troughs in football and we are in a trough just as we were in 2017 but I don’t see Rodgers getting us out of it like I didn’t see Ranieri getting us out of it.

So if two players are in his line of sight and one of them is offside it's OK?
The VAR team have what they call a DD. A decision dice. When they are called upon, they roll it. 1 or 2 means give the decision the way of the home side, 3 or 4 equates to give the decision to the away side, 5 or 6 means tell the referee to watch it on the pitch side moniter.

So if two players are in his line of sight and one of them is offside it's OK?
Presumably VAR thinks it's all right when the other one is a defender. It's ridiculous. If VAR is the answer, somebody isn't asking the right question. It is no less controversial than the referees' decisions were in the first place. And a referee only sees things the once.

The VAR team have what they call a DD. A decision dice. When they are called upon, they roll it. 1 or 2 means give the decision the way of the home side, 3 or 4 equates to give the decision to the away side, 5 or 6 means tell the referee to watch it on the pitch side moniter.
ACKTCHTUALLY If it’s only one, it’s a decision die.

My view is perhaps a bit controversial. I actually think our all round play has been better recently than it was at the beginning of the season when we were getting better results. Several people have mentioned how lucky we were in the opening match against Wolves, but there were several other early matches where we got a result with below par performances. In recent matches we have looked competitive against strong teams, but have succumbed to the defensive frailties that have been there all season. As to those who say we are toothless up front, only the top five have scored more than us all seaon. I'm actually quite optimistic about the remainder of the season, but feel we should pull out all the stops for the Europa thingy.

My view is perhaps a bit controversial. I actually think our all round play has been better recently than it was at the beginning of the season when we were getting better results. Several people have mentioned how lucky we were in the opening match against Wolves, but there were several other early matches where we got a result with below par performances. In recent matches we have looked competitive against strong teams, but have succumbed to the defensive frailties that have been there all season. As to those who say we are toothless up front, only the top five have scored more than us all seaon. I'm actually quite optimistic about the remainder of the season, but feel we should pull out all the stops for the Europa thingy.
To be fair with the injuries we've had if we finished in the top 10 and won the Europa Conference or whatever its called it wouldn't be a bad end to the season

To be fair with the injuries we've had if we finished in the top 10 and won the Europa Conference or whatever its called it wouldn't be a bad end to the season
Do you see that happening?

As to those who say we are toothless up front, only the top five have scored more than us all seaon.
Vardy has 9 of these. The other two strikers have 6 between them and Vardy has been out for ages. Without JV, we are ****ing useless up front.

Vardy has 9 of these. The other two strikers have 6 between them and Vardy has been out for ages. Without JV, we are ****ing useless up front.
9 out of 37. That means 28 goals have been scored by somebody other than Vardy. Well over a goal a game by non-Vardys doesn't sound all that toothless to me.

9 out of 37. That means 28 goals have been scored by somebody other than Vardy. Well over a goal a game by non-Vardys doesn't sound all that toothless to me.
Not our strikers. Hence the phrase, 'we look toothless up front'. We do.

**** me, anyone having watched the last few games other than against that pub team can see that we've been less than useless up front. We had one shot on target against Liverpool. One. Even against Randers we should have scored more. One of our strikers had a shot go out for a throw in for bollock sake.

It wasn't good. But the fact that it was inside the box is irrelevant. It would have been a worse effort if he'd shot from 30 yards out in front of the goal and it had gone out for a throw in.
I don't think it was irrelevant a professional footballer that couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo, the best it could possibly be is less shit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566