Worst album ever...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeff

Administrator
Staff member
I recently had the 'pleasure' of hearing My Beauty, by Kevin Rowland.

It is without a doubt the worst album I've ever heard. It's an album of cover versions and it sounds like bad Karaoke.

I'm going to break my own rule about uploading mp3s here because no one in their right mind would buy this dross, but it deserves to be heard because it's so bad it's funny.

I won't post the sleeve picture here, it will give you nightmares.

Attachments

• 01 - The Greatest Love Of All.mp3
    5.1 MB · Views: 15
  • 11 - You'll Never Walk Alone.mp3
    3.8 MB · Views: 11
Oh my god, why did I type his name into Google images :icon_cry:

images

fecking wrong... when did he stop the 'travellor' look?

Never walk alone was awful

WILLIAM SHATNER anyone? "The Transformed Man" with versions of Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds and Mr Tambourine Man that have to be heard to be believed the latter I got on lastfm below* listen to and wonder what old Bill was on at the time_________

*http://www.last.fm/music/William+Shatner/_/Mr.+Tambourine+Man

This is just one of the reviews:-
"Quite simply, one of the worst albums I have ever heard in my entire life. But, damnit, it's so ****ing funny! I can't believe Shatner actually took this thing seriously! In fact, the humour value brings this up a star and a half. It really is that funny"

In the list of the worst ever 50 Albums according to Q magazine that Kevin Rowland record came 7th, Thank You by Duran Duran came 1st never heard that one myself though Shatner came in at 45th on the list

It is without a doubt the worst album I've ever heard. It's an album of cover versions and it sounds like bad Karaoke.

Don't suppose you can upload the Tremeloes cover, Reflections of my Life, as well can you.

Seriously - please :icon_bigg

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dN-vcyNWDjM[/YOUTUBE]

Is he taking the piss or is he seriously disturbed?

PartyTime The Cheeky Girls' debut album. :icon_roll :090: :087: :107: :088:

Thom Yorke's solo project 'The Eraser'.

One man and his casio organ... Thoroughly disappointed.

The Eraser is really good I think. Certainly not one of the worst albums ever!

I wonder what Kevin Rowland thinks of his early stuff.

I searched for ages to find The Killjoys - Johnny won't get to heaven on 7" many many years ago and I still enjoy the blitz of racket that it is. I bet Kev denies being there.

Dodgy, Homegrown would be one of my votes. Got this album as i quite liked staying out for the summer, but the rest of it was absolute tosh. Still got it in the cupboard somewhere as well.

[youtube]dN-vcyNWDjM[/youtube]

Is he taking the piss or is he seriously disturbed?

Concrete and clay. Good track.

I would love to see the chuckle brothers do a cover
:038:

I'm going to break my own rule about uploading mp3s here because no one in their right mind would buy this dross, but it deserves to be heard because it's so bad it's funny.

Jeeeeeez!!!!!! That was painful! Especially the first one. Is that truly a serious recording? Did he not listen to it and go, hmmm, that's not very good, I think I'll can it.

Jeeeeeez!!!!!! That was painful! Especially the first one. Is that truly a serious recording? Did he not listen to it and go, hmmm, that's not very good, I think I'll can it.

Even the Cheeky Girls sound good compared to the first track. It is not even in tune.

This is the album cover:

Kevin_Rowland-My_Beauty.jpg

I've just been sick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675