Worst ever moment as a Leicester City fan?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Volpone

Five hours later and it still hurts. Far, far worse than the final against Swindon and that was bad enough.

Until tomorrow, or some day soon

The glory of a Leicester fan is knowing there is always something looming worse than anything you could imagine beforehand.

The Panthers are just like it too, but that's another day, In another thread.

This hurts right now. However, everytime something like today has happened in recent years, I'm somehow drawn back to a terribly miserable game in the Zenith Data cup malarkey against Wolves back in the early nineties under Pleat. We lost, at home, played like shit in front of about 2,000, it was raining, cold and I remember walking home feeling worse than I do today.

I think there's a lot of hope in where we are at the moment. Keep Pearson, shed those that aren't contributing and bring wage bill under control, accept we may possibly lose 2 or 3 like Kasper, Schlupp & Knockaert, but we've shown we can draw in quality (except Vardy). Build a high performing squad and set forth to win the League outright next season.

Today is up there for me, but probably the worst is either Swindon 4 Leicester 3 or the Speedie dive for Blackburn.

Today is nowhere near. Even for the younger ones on here, our relegation to League One was only five seasons ago. That was much, much worse that today surely? The Cardiff penalty shoot out was surely worse too - we earned it more that season than this.

And that's just the last five years. What about administration, any of the Wembley defeats, or the end of Filbert St? Personally, I'd even put some player/manager departures over today. Such as when Lennon went to Celtic and our team disintegrated or when MON or Little left us. Remember 0-5 to Bolton on the first game of the season showing us up as relegation fodder in August? Now that's depressing.

this was a bad feeling but no this was not the worst and will no doubt be surpassed in the future, that's all part of being a city fan

I think that, due to my lack of historical pain, probably Kermogant's miss. Today was painful also. Here's to many more

Today is nowhere near. Even for the younger ones on here, our relegation to League One was only five seasons ago. That was much, much worse that today surely? The Cardiff penalty shoot out was surely worse too - we earned it more that season than this.

And that's just the last five years. What about administration, any of the Wembley defeats, or the end of Filbert St? Personally, I'd even put some player/manager departures over today. Such as when Lennon went to Celtic and our team disintegrated or when MON or Little left us. Remember 0-5 to Bolton on the first game of the season showing us up as relegation fodder in August? Now that's depressing.

I agree with all of that BN.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4484
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4469