Worst ever moment as a Leicester City fan?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Definitely the relegation season to league 1 for me. It was the whole drawn out thing of it that was just soul destroying. The first home defeat of 0-5 to Bolton was just the start. I watched every damn home of that season, it was painful.

I treated the playoffs this year as a bonus, we didn't deserve to be in them after our shambles after February.

Definitely the relegation season to league 1 for me. It was the whole drawn out thing of it that was just soul destroying. The first home defeat of 0-5 to Bolton was just the start. I watched every damn home of that season, it was painful.

I treated the playoffs this year as a bonus, we didn't deserve to be in them after our shambles after February.

The home defeat to Bolton was in 2001....

Interestingly the League 1 relegation season didn't sting that bad for me. Maybe it was the drawn out nature of it all that it felt like it was always going to happen. From the 3-0 loss at Bramall Lane that season, it looked very likely.

As Miles said, the pure explosive, violent nature of Sunday's takes some beating.

Following City has had many highs and lows, but nothing compares to those crazy 20 seconds on Saturday.
Euphoria to suicidal by the time you have read this post.

Coming back from 3 -0 against Swindon was a high, then to fail minutes later was liking having the carpet pulled from underneath.
Relegation to the 3rd division was like having root canal work at the dentist. Slow process.

Our first play off final losing to a dodgy penalty, wasn't actually a low. The first time City had been at Wembley since 1969. We were there to enjoy it, whatever the outcome.

Other lows include swapping Jim Melrose for Tommy English, Saying bye to Martin O'Neill, saying bye to NP the first time, Harlow Town.

Another high to low was the feeling after we'd just beaten Sunderland 5 -2. Heskey and Collymore, what a partnership. Dreams of Europe by league position looked a distinct possibility the next season, however within a couple of weeks the dream was just that, a dream.

Could include the arrival of Peter Taylor as a high to low.

Could include the arrival of Peter Taylor as a high to low.

When he arrived he was a well thought of young manager, was a popular choice among fans (Joe Kinnear was bookies favourite for the job!), and had us top of the Premiership a couple of months into the season. So I don't think many people at the time would have said his arrival was a low point.

When he arrived he was a well thought of young manager, was a popular choice among fans (Joe Kinnear was bookies favourite for the job!), and had us top of the Premiership a couple of months into the season. So I don't think many people at the time would have said his arrival was a low point.

No, it was seen as a high when he arrived, alas it turned into a low following the Wycombe game. (Is what I meant ;) )

Worst one as a Forest fan was under Megson when Chester totally outplayed us in FA cup away game. Only second time ever I have left a game early.

Lost 3.0 and we were lucky to escape a real mauling.

Alan Shearer hat-trick resulting in a 4-3 loss at Newcastle. I think we were 3-1 up. I actually broke my radio in sheer anger. Not proud.

Losing 5-0 at home to Bolton and knowing we were deep in the shite, only 1 game in.

I'm far too young to remember things like the 4-3 Swindon game. With regards to the Watford game, I think I felt that the play-offs was nothing more than a bonus which we didn't deserve, so it didn't affect me as much as it perhaps could have done.

People have mentioned the relegation season, and with that in mind I would have to put the 1-3 defeat to Sheffield Wednesday as quite possibly #1 for me. I'm surprised it hasn't been mentioned already really. The realisation of doom that set in after that game is quite memorable.

The 2003/04 season too, was pretty horrific. The 0-5 defeat to Aston Villa stands out as an ultimate low-point.

Speedie's dive or that Chelsea dive in the cup semi for me. I've never felt so cheated and like the world had shifted out of kilter as I did at those points in my childhood.

or that Chelsea dive in the cup semi for me.

I remember the first game at Filbo after that incident that Mike Reid refereed. It was against West Ham and we got quite a few of the early decisions. Every time an award went our way the Kop erupted with "You're still a ****ing wanker" :icon_bigg

Erland Johnson (sp??) Chelsea penalty incident was QF replay at best if not, 5th round as never got to FA Cup semi in my lifetime.

Obviously there was that one time where we had a platinum plated chance but I don't think I'm over Watford yet so we won't go down that road.

Erland Johnson (sp??) Chelsea penalty incident was QF replay at best if not, 5th round as never got to FA Cup semi in my lifetime.
Obviously there was that one time where we had a platinum plated chance but I don't think I'm over Watford yet so we won't go down that road.

Once in my lifetime - Spurs at Villa Park - coach broke down on the M6... After the game asked the police where the coach park was and they sent us to the Spurs one...
Not the best in 1982...

Once in my lifetime - Spurs at Villa Park - coach broke down on the M6... After the game asked the police where the coach park was and they sent us to the Spurs one...
Not the best in 1982...
Was there too - I really thought we were going to get to the final that year. Wrong again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566