You people who know how to find cheap train tickets...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ooh....tbh I try not to go over the border on purpose if I can help it!
But for this I might make an exception!

Hang on, I'm not gonna get all confuzzled going from Euston to St. Pancras am I? Don't think I've ever been there anyhoo....

Its only about 1/4 mile up the road fron St P

More people use trains now than have ever done in the past.

I bow to your superior knowledge but how much better would they be if successive Governments had made them a priority rather than following Beechings recommendations.

Last edited:
what time you coming back?

52 squid if you come back after 7pm.

46 if you come back at 19:55.

God i must be bored!

already doing it jeff!

49.60 seems to be the best with a bedford split. Would have to travel back after 6.30pm though and if you dont win would need to kill some time in london. xmas shopping?

Since when did you become a Member of the TB Train Ticketline ? Leave it to the experts

I was stood next to someone on the tube last week and they had bought a travelcard from Birmingham to Euston (and back) and it had cost them nearly £210, ok, so it was 1st class but come on, over 200 quid for a short trip like that!!

I was stood next to someone on the tube last week and they had bought a travelcard from Birmingham to Euston (and back) and it had cost them nearly £210, ok, so it was 1st class but come on, over 200 quid for a short trip like that!!

Such fares are priced to the market. There is no obligation on him to travel first class; there is no obligation for him to travel by train at all. He chose to travel that way and chose to pay the price.

For that price he gets a 1st class ticket which is valid for return on any train for the whole of the next month. If he had organised his business to catch particular specified trains in the off-peak, travelled in Standard and used an OysterCard for his journeys around London, he could have spent less than one-tenth of that - his choice.

And have you ever thought that it is because of people like him that people like me are able to be offered bargain fares by the train operating companies to travel when nobody else wants to?

My youngest is paying £250 a month Leicester birmingham season ticket and young persons railcard. Inter circle can this be beat?

My youngest is paying £250 a month Leicester birmingham season ticket and young persons railcard. Inter circle can this be beat?

An adult monthly Season Ticket between Leicester and Birmingham Stations is £239.70. There is no reduction for railcard holders.

If he makes the return journey five times a week in the peak, this is the cheapest way that he can make the journey.

i just got a return from manchester - edinburgh for 27 quid-quite pleased with that !

Cheapest fare for the return journey is £13 - I would think you would have been more pleased with that.

It looks like Megatrain have stopped doing Carlisle-Birmingham, so no cheap trains to matches for me. :mad:

Can't find any Megatrain tickets on any of the Virgin services.

It looks like Megatrain have stopped doing Carlisle-Birmingham, so no cheap trains to matches for me. :mad:

I could be wrong but haven't Virgin lost the franchise for one of their lines,I believe its the Cross Country Route.Might not have anything to do with what you mentioned though

Can't find any Megatrain tickets on any of the Virgin services.

I've been checking every day for a couple of weeks for the next batch of tickets to be released, but there's been nothing available after this week.

I'm hoping it's just something to do with the timetable change at the weekend, and they will start having seats on some of the retimed trains.

The timetable change makes an already poor service here even worse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566