10% --> 2% -->12%

Status
Not open for further replies.

bocadillo

Water Gypsy
City have caved in over the issue of the season ticket holders' discount when buying stuff from the club shop. The discount will be given for the rest of the season together with the 2% that goes on the TeamCard.

No announcement on the OS yet.

Had the email about 10 minutes ago. If they had bothered to ask us in the first place they would not be back tracking.:icon_roll

LCFC back down under fans pressure!

Just received this in an emal from LCFC:

Dear Season Ticket Holder,

Leicester City FC is pleased to announce that after listening to fans’ comments the 10% discount off merchandise* at the club will be reinstated for the remainder of the 2006/07 season.

The discount will run in conjunction with the new Team Card scheme so loyalty points will also apply to all purchases.

Right so we have till May to make sure they never think about taking away the 10% discount ever.

Maybe all the takeover activity has finally focused someone's brain!

Cracking...can we have our reserve team back now please?:mad:

The board didn't have any control over that though... Desperately needs sorting though, we need to get into another reserve league or at least setup a regular fixture list of reserve games with others who don't have a league to be in anymore.

Anyway, good to see the club listening to complaints and rectifying mistakes.

The board didn't have any control over that though... Desperately needs sorting though, we need to get into another reserve league or at least setup a regular fixture list of reserve games with others who don't have a league to be in anymore.

Anyway, good to see the club listening to complaints and rectifying mistakes.

In as far as the Board are responsible for the running of the Club of course they have/had control over it. There was plenty of notice that we were going to be kicked out of the Prem Reserve League. There are other leagues which we could have put a reserve team into; we decided not to do so.

Last edited:
Too late, the damage is done. Their intention was to remove our 10% discount and indeed that was confirmed by their actions.

No matter what they now do to correct the situation, this compiled with all the other season ticket devalueing antics have taken their toll.

Tarnished

edit - just waiting for the FT to take the credit for this, even though they thought the club couldn't multi task and didn't want to bother them with it during this takeover period

Last edited:
Do you think bitching about it loudly and within earshot of the manager helped?

I saw a chap last weekend take about half-a-dozen items to the till - over £100 worth. They were all rung through and he then produced his season ticket, saying, "Ah yes, 10% discount".

When he was (politely) refused it, he said, "In that case, cancel it and I'll leave you to put the things back on the shelves".

I'm sure he was well aware of the fact that the discount had been stopped and was doing his bit to protest. Well done to him!

just waiting for the FT to take the credit for this

I don't think they would dare. They must be aware that fans have been making their own feelings known without their help.

In as far as the Board are responsible for the running of the Club of course they have/had control over it. There was plenty of notice that we were going to be kicked out of the Prem Reserve League. There are other leagues which we could have put a reserve team into; we decided not to do so.

I was reading 442 magazine last weekend and they have an article about reserves football. David Pleat is the man who chucked us out of the reserves league because the league stood at 15 and 14 respectively. It needed to be cut to 10, although for the Premier teams this still doesnt prove enough. The decision was made to cut the league because for instance teams like us, Southampton, Derby have a lot more smaller squads. Derby's youngsters last year played an average 56 games with training matches, friendlies, reserve and academy games.

I still say what's the hardship in creating a Midlands League.

I saw a chap last weekend take about half-a-dozen items to the till - over £100 worth. They were all rung through and he then produced his season ticket, saying, "Ah yes, 10% discount".

When he was (politely) refused it, he said, "In that case, cancel it and I'll leave you to put the things back on the shelves".

I'm sure he was well aware of the fact that the discount had been stopped and was doing his bit to protest. Well done to him!
:038: I wish I'd thought of that one!

Too late, the damage is done. Their intention was to remove our 10% discount and indeed that was confirmed by their actions.

No matter what they now do to correct the situation, this compiled with all the other season ticket devalueing antics have taken their toll.

Tarnished

edit - just waiting for the FT to take the credit for this, even though they thought the club couldn't multi task and didn't want to bother them with it during this takeover period

We had raised it with the club as we stated originally, just not raised it with the Chairman.

Subsequently we found a new route to tackle this particular issue & utlilsed it effectively. So that's one critical press release now scrapped

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669