12th signing with MA and MM at 1pm today

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shittingtons.....just caught the last couple of sentences on Radio Leic. Something about someone being confirmed (DJ i take it!) and someone else to sign as well:confused:

well who could that be as they said a 12th signing and not 12 and 13, strange but come on DJ campbell wish him all the best at the club and as i said before i saw them together at the stadium on sunday, they must have been discussing the move but there was no fee agree?

Why has it suited them?

They wanted to sell him, if the delay has been because DJ wasn't keen to sign for us that will have annoyed Brum as much as it has us.

Perhaps the bidding war which ensued put him in a price bracket they like more?

Perhaps if there is another signing it isn't a 'major' one. (EG: Morfaw)

If Newts is right and there is only one more signing after this, it will mean we are relying on at least one kid on the left hand side. Unless the one more signing doesn't include loans?

Maybe there was a fee agreed but DJ had another offer, and he's taken until now to decide.

Trye say Jeff, but the way they were chatting together you just knew that he was going to be a leicester player although i had doubts after reading about the watford bid, but i think he will fit in really well at the club and do pretty good, but for lee bowyer hes a prick, i dont want him here

Perhaps the bidding war which ensued put him in a price bracket they like more?

If DJ wasn't keen on coming here it may have resulted in us offering higher wages to persuade him, but why would that affect the fee Brum get?

If Watford have also made an offer to Brum, they would have done that whether DJ wanted to come here or not.

Last edited:
Why has it suited them?

They wanted to sell him, if the delay has been because DJ wasn't keen to sign for us that will have annoyed Brum as much as it has us.

Because.....if DJ had been keen to sign for us originally we may well have been able to manage a quick deal at a lower price.

Because...... the interest generated by Leicester stimulated the market for DJ.

I think that rather than letting themselves get annoyed, Brum have seen it as an opportunity to let an auction push up the price. Watford have parachute money to flash and did that

I still think it's a sensible move for us because we are desparately short of firepower ( relying on Fryatt getting his ar-e in gear or MDV suddenly being resurrected!).

Because.....if DJ had been keen to sign for us originally we may well have been able to manage a quick deal at a lower price.

Because...... the interest generated by Leicester stimulated the market for DJ.

As soon as it became clear Brum were willing to sell him his agent would have been on the phone to clubs all over the place trying to get him the best offer, it's unlikely any deal could have been done so quickly other clubs wouldn't have got to hear that he was available. Why would the player sign for a club without waiting to see what other options were available?

It will be just one player, why people say there will be more than that is beyond me.

As soon as it became clear Brum were willing to sell him his agent would have been on the phone to clubs all over the place trying to get him the best offer, it's unlikely any deal could have been done so quickly other clubs wouldn't have got to hear that he was available. Why would the player sign for a club without waiting to see what other options were available?

'ear 'ear.

A birmingham fan fan in my office has just received a text from Birmingham saying that we have signed Campbell for £1.6M

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566