13,000 Leicester fans?!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jimmy Lad

By the size of the away following yesterday I guess that there were around 13k Leicester fans at the game yesterday. Why is that?

Facts:

1. FA Cup 3rd Round
2. Premiership opposition
3. Cheap tickets (you would pay £30+ if we were a Premiership side)

Yes, I know we have been playing particularly badly for a couple of games but aren't supporters supposed to be exactly that... supporters?!

Could you see Newcastle getting a low attendance... even if they were a Championsip club? I doubt it.

Unfortunately I don't think Leicester fans are die hard. When the going is good, they turn up.

I have been recently been involved in assisting on a couple of Leicester sportsmen's testimonial years. They both commented on how poorly supported they have been by the local Leicester people and that the out of town events are far more financially rewarding. I wonder why this is?

To finish, I would like to state that I haven't come on here to have a pop... Merely making an observation.

I'm a season ticket holder and I didn't want to pay extra to go and see us. It's not just the price of the ticket but the expense of the day which soon adds up. Also I went to choose my wedding ring which I thought was far more important!

By the size of the away following yesterday I guess that there were around 13k Leicester fans at the game yesterday. Why is that?

Could you see Newcastle getting a low attendance... even if they were a Championsip club? I doubt it.

Dear oh dear. You must be a young 'un. This myth of how wonderful Geordie fans really annoys me. If you are talking about their away support, I would agree. They have a tremedous following. At home. Well I've been to St James in an 11,000 crowd in the dark days before Keegan revived them. Look at the attendances in Europe at home this season, not a sell out among them. Bloomin' youngsters eh :icon_wink

Last edited:
I'm actually 32 (& would love to be referred to as young!) and been going to LCFC for 26 years. Feel free to attack my judgement on Newcastle's fans but not my age!

So what is your opinion on the topic I raised, Cleefox?

I'm a season ticket holder and I didn't want to pay extra to go and see us. It's not just the price of the ticket but the expense of the day which soon adds up. Also I went to choose my wedding ring which I thought was far more important!
:icon_eek: Feckin hell Jedi, get a grip... it's only a feckin marriage, it's not like it's your football club!

That's what I told my missus anyway.... and now I live 5000 miles from the Walkers :icon_roll :icon_lol:

The reason not many people went yesterday is because of the overpriced tickets, which season ticket holders had to shell out extra for!

ST holders are not happy atm and rightly so as the club has been giving out special offers for tickets which mean the loyal ST holders are losing money.

This season we are down the bottom of the table and playing poor quality football, but we still get around 22k for every home game. This is fantastic suppourt considering our position and must be one of the highest attendances in the league.

Our Premiership opponents Fulham had an average attendance of 20,606 in 2006. Our average was 22,234! And we were in a relegation battle in the Championship, not playing the likes of Arsenal and Chelsea!

So I would say that our suppourt is very very good, wouldn't you?

(I still cant spell suppourt though...)

I'm actually 32 (& would love to be referred to as young!) and been going to LCFC for 26 years. Feel free to attack my judgement on Newcastle's fans but not my age!

So what is your opinion on the topic I raised, Cleefox?

Still a whippersnapper in my eyes.:icon_bigg
On the topic, well I tend to agree with you as I pointed out on another thread, I'm old school on supporting your team ie you go whatever but I understand people not going to a certain extent, but they are a disloyal b******s. :icon_bigg :icon_wink
And I echo your last comment in your original post. Not having a pop at you or anyone else. Thats what makes a board interesting: Opinions. And long may it continue. Mind you, you're wrong about the Geordies though :icon_lol:

By the way, don't you think overall though the home attendances have been pretty good this season?

Last edited:

Facts:

1. FA Cup 3rd Round
2. Premiership opposition
3. Cheap tickets (you would pay £30+ if we were a Premiership side)

Yes, I know we have been playing particularly badly for a couple of games but aren't supporters supposed to be exactly that... supporters?!

Unfortunately I don't think Leicester fans are die hard. When the going is good, they turn up.

I have been recently been involved in assisting on a couple of Leicester sportsmen's testimonial years. They both commented on how poorly supported they have been by the local Leicester people and that the out of town events are far more financially rewarding. I wonder why this is?

To finish, I would like to state that I haven't come on here to have a pop... Merely making an observation.

in the whole i agree with you but when yuor been a season ticket holder for years and travled up and down the ****ry following the foxes like alot of people on here have and the cup games come around you find it hard to part with your cash to watch or loved city just afetr xmas too and the game was not discounted youll be hard pushed to get people in ,if you take the villa game it was a £10 a ticket and the ground was almost full if fulham had not wanted the full prise we could have filled the walkers a bit like the villa game i goto games weather we win or lose and always will but i could not spare that type of money for the cup game which would have cost me a bloody shed load it would have been 2 adults and 5 kids no way could i do that just after xmas :icon_sad:

funniest post of the year, congratulations!

i didn't go as i was ill, the game would cost more money which i havent got following christmas and a few pricey away trips and home ones as well.......plus i have no interest in the FA cup any more, can't explain why but its just there for a possible big tie with a premiership team, fulham do not count

I do my best to please!

Yes, I agree that on the whole Leicester attendances have been very good. However, I think our average home gate is probably 'enhanced' slightly by the big turn outs in games where the club has given tickets away! Generally good support tho'.

Being a one club city (sorry Hinckley!),& a large City & County at that, I still think we could do better.

Last edited by a moderator:

I do my best to please!

Yes, I agree that on the whole Leicester attendances have been very good. However, I think our average home gate is probably 'enhanced' slightly by the big turn outs in games where the club has given tickets away! Generally good support tho'.

Being a one club city (sorry Hinckley!),& a large City & County at that, I still think we could do better.

we could do much better, but fans are fickle which explains an over all poor turnout for many teams with large potential. leeds is an example that springs to mind very quickly. going back to your comment on geordies, the same could be said about our lovely friends from leeds not that long ago....and look what has happened. teams like us and derby, sunderland etc will be hailed for having great fans when we are in the top 6 of the league, once we slip down its back to being shit

saying that we hardly ever sold out filbo in its late days and that was premiership with much fewer seats to put bums on

Last edited by a moderator:
Look at the rest of the arrendances yesterday - apart from the couple of " big games they were all low - ours was one of the best.

Good to hear Steve Bruce (similar attendance to ours, despite their bigger name opposition) saying on MoTD that something has to be done about ticket prices.

L
Good to hear Steve Bruce (similar attendance to ours, despite their bigger name opposition) saying on MoTD that something has to be done about ticket prices.

starting with his joke of a club perhaps.

I am a student, i have exams and essay deadlines and my loan hasn't come through, so that's why i didnt go. Also a lot of students don't need to return yet which probably explains the lack of student fans.

After having half a dozen games in such a short space of time and no cash after Christmas, that may also explain it :)

:icon_eek: Feckin hell Jedi, get a grip... it's only a feckin marriage, it's not like it's your football club!

That's what I told my missus anyway.... and now I live 5000 miles from the Walkers :icon_roll :icon_lol:

If it was my football club then things would be different! They get more than enough money from me as it is. I actually enjoyed having a break from it, although it sounded like we actually played well for a change!

The reason not many people went yesterday is because of the overpriced tickets, which season ticket holders had to shell out extra for!

ST holders are not happy atm and rightly so as the club has been giving out special offers for tickets which mean the loyal ST holders are losing money.

This season we are down the bottom of the table and playing poor quality football, but we still get around 22k for every home game. This is fantastic suppourt considering our position and must be one of the highest attendances in the league.

Our Premiership opponents Fulham had an average attendance of 20,606 in 2006. Our average was 22,234! And we were in a relegation battle in the Championship, not playing the likes of Arsenal and Chelsea!

So I would say that our suppourt is very very good, wouldn't you?

(I still cant spell suppourt though...)

I'm a season ticket holder and I'm not unhappy ( apart from the performances, of course! ). I knew my ST didn't include cup games when I bought it, and if it did I would have expected to shell out more. I know the club tried to reduce prices even more yesterday, but were knocked back by Fulham, but anyway I don't think the £15 they managed to get Fulham to agree to was outrageous anyway. BTW, season ticket holders have had a few promotions this season, i.e. the Villa game. MM must be really pleased at buying in to a club like ours with such diehard support.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670