13,000 Leicester fans?!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Steve Bruce said on MOTD that he thought it was a shame how few fans showed up and he thinks clubs need to reduce ticket prices. I think they soon will do. Wigan have reduced them to try and get more in recently, and I think now that a manager has mentioned it, it will start to get more press until clubs do something about it.

I don't go to games, mainly because I simply can't afford to. I'm a student and I have to try to limit myself to spending around £30 a week, so for me going to games is just too expensive.
Plus I don't know any other City fans and don't like going to games on my own. ;)

Last edited:
I'm actually 32 (& would love to be referred to as young!) and been going to LCFC for 26 years. Feel free to attack my judgement on Newcastle's fans but not my age!

So what is your opinion on the topic I raised, Cleefox?

Since when did LCFC really have a bigger hardcore of fans than, say, 18000 in your opinion? At Filbo we rarely sold out until the big time; if anything I'd say the turn-outs the Walkers gets this season are respectable. We're only as big as our average attendance, which in this league is fairly good. Every single club will get more 'fans' turn up when the club are a) successful b) in the Prem and c) charge discount tickets (see Barnsley fixture).
13000 Foxes fans got the place rocking yesterday which pleased me, and those who didn't turn up missed a genuine ding dong cup game, their loss. I think we all need a dose of realism, we're nowhere near the size of Newcastle United for support and I doubt ever will be.

I find this thread sickener in many ways.

Apart from the £25 price if you wanted to sit with a touchline view, to me it was a joke to the sth's. They have been alienated by the club this season with more promotions than a Next January sale and at a time when the club is not playing well, people expect a largest crowd.

Overall, we done pretty well and what was Fulham's away support like? Brum had near-on 16k but with 4k Geordies, Derby had a smaller team with a big support visiting them.

I find this thread sickener in many ways.

Overall, we done pretty well and what was Fulham's away support like? Brum had near-on 16k but with 4k Geordies, Derby had a smaller team with a big support visiting them.

about 1700 I believe

Steve Bruce said on MOTD that he thought it was a shame how few fans showed up and he thinks clubs need to reduce ticket prices. I think they soon will do. Wigan have reduced them to try and get more in recently, and I think now that a manager has mentioned it, it will start to get more press until clubs do something about it.

I don't go to games, mainly because I simply can't afford to. I'm a student and I have to try to limit myself to spending around £30 a week, so for me going to games is just too expensive.
Plus I don't know any other City fans and don't like going to games on my own. ;)

yes i heard him too and they even said on MOTD thats a good point for anther time :075:

i know what your saying so do alot of poeple but as your a student you get season tickets even cheaper than us :icon_roll
:icon_wink

I'm sorry that this is slightly off topic (& type of sport!) but I'm going to have take issue to Blue's comment 'Maddy buggers off to Warwickshire'.

Darren Maddy DID NOT want to leave Leicestershire. He loves the club & has been a supporter since he could walk. He is devastated to leave. I am not going to go into the ins & outs of what has gone on but circumstances made it almost impossible for him to stay at Leicestershire. He has a wife & child to look after and it a short career.

Throughout his career, Darren has had numerous opportunities to move on to more lucrative counties with extra salary but his heart always overruled his head. Did the club repay this loyalty? Simple answer...no. The club did not support his testimonial &, in some respects, even hindered it to further their own ends.

You will not meet a nicer bloke who is Leicester from top to bottom.

Back on topic... In response to Alex, yes I agree that the hardcore has always been around the 18k mark. However, as you will see from one of my earlier posts, I can't understand why. We are a large City with one club to watch. There aren't any bigger clubs from miles to our east / south east and so our 'capture area' is huge in comparison to other clubs.

Can anyone think of a city of a similar same size that gets a bigger turn out?

Leicester's demographics are not as conducive to high crowds at football matches as many other cities in the UK.

Leicester's demographics are not as conducive to high crowds at football matches as many other cities in the UK.

true enough which makes the fact that I cant think of similar sized city with better supprt even more impressive really

Last edited:
Back on topic... In response to Alex, yes I agree that the hardcore has always been around the 18k mark . However, as you will see from one of my earlier posts, I can't understand why. We are a large City with one club to watch. There aren't any bigger clubs from miles to our east / south east and so our 'capture area' is huge in comparison to other clubs.

That will fall next season.

I've found this thread very interesting reading.
Ever since I've been with my husband (which is 18 years), I've had to accept the fact that buying tickets for the football is the number one priority - be it season tickets or cup matches. Many a time we've gone into the red for the sake of this 'rule'.
Last season I got particularly hacked-off as he went, with both kids, to almost every away game, plus he went Germany for the World Cup too.
Many an argument has arisen from this, but I'm always assured that this is 'normal practice' for supporters.

Guess who's just about to go and raise this matter again? :mad:

I've found this thread very interesting reading.
Ever since I've been with my husband (which is 18 years), I've had to accept the fact that buying tickets for the football is the number one priority - be it season tickets or cup matches. Many a time we've gone into the red for the sake of this 'rule'.
Last season I got particularly hacked-off as he went, with both kids, to almost every away game, plus he went Germany for the World Cup too.
Many an argument has arisen from this, but I'm always assured that this is 'normal practice' for supporters.

Guess who's just about to go and raise this matter again? :mad:

Go easy on him muzzysgal he obviously loves his footy like most guys do, I bet if he cut himself he would bleed LCFC a truely loyal blue.

Go easy on him muzzysgal he obviously loves his footy like most guys do, I bet if he cut himself he would bleed LCFC a truely loyal blue.

Couldn't do it! I know from experience it'll be a futile exercise. I knew when I met him how passionate he was about LCFC, and it's a cross he's got to bear :icon_roll . AND, he cleaned the bathroom for me earlier, so I know which side my bread's buttered :icon_wink

Must say that I'm surprised by how many STH who are regulars on here didn't go yesterday....

Can anyone think of a city of a similar same size that gets a bigger turn out?

Ipswich and Naarwich are way smaller and often get similar turnouts. Portman Road is smaller so will never match something like Barnsley but, give them credit, the yokels like their football.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669