13,000 Leicester fans?!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've missed many great games in the past, a 2-2 draw doesn't bother me a great deal. Besides i hung some doors and had a whale of a time....

Crap attendance. Fecking disgraceful.

Back on topic... In response to Alex, yes I agree that the hardcore has always been around the 18k mark. However, as you will see from one of my earlier posts, I can't understand why. We are a large City with one club to watch. There aren't any bigger clubs from miles to our east / south east and so our 'capture area' is huge in comparison to other clubs.

I totally agree. It always grates me when you see Manure shirts and Leeds fans living in Leics.

Ipswich and Naarwich are way smaller and often get similar turnouts. Portman Road is smaller so will never match something like Barnsley but, give them credit, the yokels like their football.

Good shout. In our defence, we are slap bang in the middle of the country and fairweather fans have much quicker access to other clubs. Arguably both clubs also have a more successful history. Like you say fair play to them though considering they are 1/2 to 2/3 the size of Leicester. I still think we do alright.

We had a "low" attendance because we have been playing rubbish simple as and Fulham would have been expected to beat us. They are also not a particularly glamourous tie.

What a shite attendance that was.

But don't forget that although the population may be bigger than some of the places mentioned, they don't have to contend with a successful rugby team with 13000 odd STs. This must reduce the number of people who City can appeal to.

I can't believe this bloody thread. Some people are living close to the breadline, myself included. I have a wife and 3 kids to support and struggle to justify two season tickets each year, disposable income isn't great, yet I still do it. To shell out extra for cup tickets is pushing it just a little to far for something I haven't particularly enjoyed of late.

To anybody that would suggest that I'm not a good supporter of my team, I would suggest they were a twat.

Melton, Im not claiming to know, but I'm sure there are people on here far worse off than youself. After all don't you have a 40" Hd Tv, Sky +HD and All the lastest X box games?

I understand if you don't want to go, but arnt your chilren under 8 and therefore get in for free?

Melton, Im not claiming to know, but I'm sure there are people on here far worse off than youself. After all don't you have a 40" Hd Tv, Sky +HD and All the lastest X box games?

I understand if you don't want to go, but arnt your chilren under 8 and therefore get in for free?

Leave Melts be.......

My tele is 42" :icon_wink

Yes, my children are all under 8, the point was I would rather buy their dinners than myself cup tickets.

Neither my wife nor I drink or smoke, so any money we spend on home entertainment is more than justified. I put my home entertainment before my football, I always have and always will. After the money for this has gone, day to day living and season tickets, I don't have enough for additional cup games.

I hope I have explained myself OK

I only have 5 XBox games

I think people think they are more of a fann if they go every game and if like myself you can't go for one reason or another then you aren't a proper fan....which is of coursr bollox.I'd love to go every game but because of Geography I can't,however even if i lived closer to Leicester I would still only go if I could affordit.If LCFC and football is the Number 1 thing in your life then good luck to you but it isn't and never will be mine.They are my team not my life.

I think people think they are more of a fann if they go every game and if like myself you can't go for one reason or another then you aren't a proper fan....which is of coursr bollox.I'd love to go every game but because of Geography I can't,however even if i lived closer to Leicester I would still only go if I could affordit.If LCFC and football is the Number 1 thing in your life then good luck to you but it isn't and never will be mine.They are my team not my life.

Good god! Highalnd - I agree with every single word you have just said. Now what on earth is going on? I'm actually quite scared.

I hope I have explained myself OK

Melts, you do not have to explain yourself. I have also chosen not to attend games through the years because of cost as many others will have done. I think the thread has taken a 'wrong turn' and was never intended to have a go at people who did not go to the Cup game. Financial constraints will always play a part in attending games I'm afraid and this time of year is always worse. We didn't go to Brum because of the cost - £80 odd just for the tickets, never mind getting there from sunny Cleethorpes.

True HF. When I was a very young pup I used to think I was a 'better' fan because I went away. As you grow older and wiser :)icon_eek: :confused: ) you realise that is not true and that people have other things in life eg wife, kids etc.
Mind you, they do play a big part in my life. :icon_wink

In my defence, I spent all my money, and all my credit on the world cup and am still paying off those debts. I am a fan of LCFC, England but ultimately I am a fan of football.

I can't believe STH's are being castigated for not going on Saturday. I chose not to go because i couldn't be arsed, not due to financial reasons. If that makes me a lesser fan in your eyes then so be it.

If Melton chooses to spend his money elsewhere is that really anyones business? I would find it insulting if someone questioned my support because i bought myself gadgets etc, after all hes there every home game in the league, i think thats more than enough 'support'.

As HF said LCFC is the club i support not my life.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669