17 into 11 won't go

Status
Not open for further replies.

bocadillo

Water Gypsy
Craig has 17 players to choose from - each of whom won their last game.

Discuss.

And also consider the matter of never changing a winning team.

bocadillo said:
Craig has 17 players to choose from - each of whom won their last game.

Discuss.

And also consider the matter of never changing a winning team.

Did you include Smith Boc ? I'd like to see Gerrbrand start but I can't see it.I think he'll choose the Cov team with just Smith in for Hammill.

highland fox said:
Did you include Smith Boc ? I'd like to see Gerrbrand start but I can't see it.I think he'll choose the Cov team with just Smith in for Hammill.

I didn't because he didn't win his last game - but I do accept your point that he is now available for selection.

I would like to see both Smith and Dublin on the bench (with Gerrbrand starting) - we will then have two players there who can change the game, if needed.

I think he will start with the same team that beat Cov!!

Although Henderson had a great 10 min, Rab was faultless against Cov so you cant drop him.

A similar thing with the back four, only Stearman had IMO an average game, he gave the ball away too many times, so he could lose out to Maybury.

Hammil and Momo have had their best set of games under us so far and keeping them out now would ruin their confidence, J

oey and Kisnorbo are a more defensivve partnership and as we are away i think CL will go for them.

MDV will be a cert if he is fit and I think he will play Hume because he seems to be alternating between Hume and Elvis!!

rab was faultless?? from where i was sat he looked to have given away a pen when coming out for the ball which he did twice and each time missed it :102: maybe im being picky :102: :) i wouldnt mind seeing henderson been given a chance tbh

Yorkshire Vixen said:
rab was faultless?? from where i was sat he looked to have given away a pen when coming out for the ball which he did twice and each time missed it :102: maybe im being picky :102: :) i wouldnt mind seeing henderson been given a chance tbh

Both times Mcsheffrey dived and both were blatant dives!! and surely the fact that both times he was one on one and didnt score counts in Rabs favour! :102:

Douglas

Maybury, McCarthy, Gerrbrand, Johansson,

Sylla, Tiatto, Hughes, Smith,

de Vries Hume

Subs: Henderson, Kisnorbo, Hammil, Dublin, Hammond

;)

Steven said:
Douglas

de Vries Hume

;)

An away match and we play an attacking Midfield I very much doubt it! :icon_lol: :icon_lol:

Willlow said:
An away match and we play an attacking Midfield I very much doubt it! :icon_lol: :icon_lol:

Is Hughes even fit ?
He can't really drop Big Rab he seems to have been one of our most consistent players this season.

Steven said:
Douglas

de Vries Hume

;)

i personally think this would be an excellent team to field against preston, and why wouldnt he feild an attacking midfield, we played 4-3-3 at cardiff and that worked very well in the first half. We should play an attaking formation as prestons home record is about as bad as ours and we are on a 'high' after winning two in a row. Maybe levein might go 4-3-3/4-5-1 again with the two supporting players. I also think dublin may play as Nugent proven last season how dangerous he can be around goal and he will just keep it tighter, thats if hes not too tied after the cardiff game.

Rab C Douglas

Maybury Dublin McCarthy Johansson

Kisnorbo

Williams Gudjohnsson

Hume Smith

De Vries

Subs : Hedersson, Stearman, Tiatto, Hughes, Hammond

oh sh!t Momo's gotta fit in somewhere, probs on the bednch for hughes

Last edited:
Yorkshire Vixen said:

The law says that the defender has to trip an opponent for it to be a penalty - not that the attacker has to trip over a defender. There is a subtle difference which the referee was aware of. In the first incident he clearly wasn't sure of McSheffrey's intentions; in the second, he was - so he booked him. And quite rightly so IMHO.

Willlow said:
Both times Mcsheffrey dived and both were blatant dives!! and surely the fact that both times he was one on one and didnt score counts in Rabs favour! :102:

and in any case the first of those 2 non offences was McCarthy not Douglas.

DurhamFox said:
and in any case the first of those 2 non offences was McCarthy not Douglas.

McCarthy was the first of 3 - the other two involved Douglas.

bocadillo said:
The law says that the defender has to trip an opponent for it to be a penalty - not that the attacker has to trip over a defender. There is a subtle difference which the referee was aware of. In the first incident he clearly wasn't sure of McSheffrey's intentions; in the second, he was - so he booked him. And quite rightly so IMHO.

ooohh get you swallowed a rule book for lunch did we :icon_lol:

one of the dives was right infront of where i sit, and i can assure you that it definately was not a penalty. it was the one where he smashed the ball past rab and fell over him, i think they should reverse the punishment for dives.....eg. if you dive to get a player sent off (last defender for example) you should be red carded instead of yellow carded. i made that idea up when watching Arsenal would you believe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669