1st test

Status
Not open for further replies.
Melton Fox said:
Will somebody get the Fookin' Aussie twat off commentary (Dean Jones). He desire for England to lose all too apparent.

I understand why Indian commentators are in the box and why they would want England to lose. But what is that prick doing there?

Great performance today but I have to agree Jones is a complete cnut...

flashyfox said:
Building up to an interesting couple of days of cricket. If England wrap up the innings quickly tomorrow and score 250-300 in the day, then with the 1st innings lead added, it should be a very tricky total to get batting last on the final day for the Indians. Freddie Flintoffs barmy army!!

Damn shame that they let the tail get so many runs though. Reminded me of Lee and Warne in the Ashes. Harmy needs some lessons about bowling at the tail.

glyn said:
Damn shame that they let the tail get so many runs though. Reminded me of Lee and Warne in the Ashes. Harmy needs some lessons about bowling at the tail.

I agree, we had the Indians on the ropes (no not the trick :icon_lol: ) but we have allowed them back into the game, we need to get the last wicket very early on and then bat sensibly, if we can get a decent score in the 2nd innings then we should go on to win the match. It is imperative that we dont allow the last wicket to build any sort of partnership.

Even better, a debut ton. This has been such a fantastic performance by the team, it rates up there alongside the Ashes performances. A couple of quick wickets will make it interesting tomorrow although I dread what a flying start by Sehwag could do.

glyn said:
Even better, a debut ton. This has been such a fantastic performance by the team, it rates up there alongside the Ashes performances. A couple of quick wickets will make it interesting tomorrow although I dread what a flying start by Sehwag could do.

we gonna declare early or just give 'em the whole day do ya recon?

fosseboy83 said:
we gonna declare early or just give 'em the whole day do ya recon?

We've got to go for it and declare first off - that must of been the plan because Cook accelarated towards the end in order to get his ton.

The Indians looked really rattled by the end of day - if we win this and I think we can it'll be a victory to rival our best.........

we'll have 45 mins to an hour batting before declaring I reckon. We don't want to lose.

Well done Cook :038:

I think we'll declare straight away. As Bumble pointed out on Sky, if you bowl from the off you theoretically should get a second new ball 10 overs from the end of the day.

A lot depends on Panesar being able to get the same control he did on Tuesday.

Haven't won a test in India since 1985!!

Inda 20/1 to win the test, England 3/1.

Last edited:
Entertaining last day of cricket. Good on the Indians for having a go after tea.

Shame we couldnt clinch victory, but for a side containing 3 debutants and minus it's regular captain it was a fantastic performance, bodes well for English cricket, it was always a concern that if we lost 2 or 3 players the strength in depth may not have been there but the players have responded and put that worry firmly to bed.

Even though we havent won a test in the last 5 attempts it has been positive that players like Panesar, Cook and Paul Collingwood have all demonstrated that they have the talent, application and mentality to be very good test players.

PFKAKTF FOX said:
Shame we couldnt clinch victory, but for a side containing 3 debutants and minus it's regular captain it was a fantastic performance, bodes well for English cricket, it was always a concern that if we lost 2 or 3 players the strength in depth may not have been there but the players have responded and put that worry firmly to bed.

Even though we havent won a test in the last 5 attempts it has been positive that players like Panesar, Cook and Paul Collingwood have all demonstrated that they have the talent, application and mentality to be very good test players.

Can't agree more mate. It was a good draw - how many sessions did we 'lose'? A 0-0 draw in this series would be a good result!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669