1st test

Status
Not open for further replies.

glyn

It's not looking good is it. No Vaughan, Tresco, Giles and probably Jones. Poor old Freddie, his W-L record as captain is going to take an early battering :icon_sad:

Will be as great an achievement as wining The Ashes if we come out of this series with anything.........

Look out for Cook he's quality and will become a stalwart in the team in years to come...

Whilst it is more than likely we will beaten, there could be some long term benefit gained from this injury crisis, and that could be the emergence of players such as Cook and Plunkett as genuine test squad contenders, whilst the side has performed magnificently over the past 18 months / 2 years, my concern has been that we have lacked depth, the actual first XI as proved over the summer is more than capable of beating the best, but lose 2 or 3 players and we look a shadow of the side and I always feared that the success of the team may hinder the future development of potential replacements, remember many of the Ashes squad are of similar ages and therefore we could be left with a skeleton side when many retire, IMO this series could well help unearth the next generation.

Agree. Think Cook will be a star for us in the future. It's going to be tough, but i think the guys will raise their game and might surprise a few people! Lets hope so.

89-2 at lunch. Strauss 28, Bell 9. Cook 44* and Pietersen 1*. Promising start from the boy Cook. Go on son go and get yourself a hundred!

171-4 after tea. We need Flintoff and Collingwood to stick around until at least 250 to post a reasonable score.

Hazzman said:
You have got to look for 350 at least on a pitch like this.

What a pleasant surprise to wake up and find England scored 393ao. Collingwood 134*. Hoggard just removed Sehwag India 11-1

Will somebody get the Fookin' Aussie twat off commentary (Dean Jones). He desire for England to lose all too apparent.

I understand why Indian commentators are in the box and why they would want England to lose. But what is that prick doing there?

175-7 when i left for work this morning. anybody know what they finished on?

if they have finished that is, i'm not sure of the time zones

Last edited:
Building up to an interesting couple of days of cricket. If England wrap up the innings quickly tomorrow and score 250-300 in the day, then with the 1st innings lead added, it should be a very tricky total to get batting last on the final day for the Indians. Freddie Flintoffs barmy army!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669