2 Wingers

Status
Not open for further replies.

dpjfox

MA has quoted that his 2 wingers at the MK Dons made the majority of goals for Platt and McCloud anyone know who they are and are they worth him bringing here? (as we havent any!)

DesertFox

Or rather, we only want 2nd division players if they are good enough. Look at Kightly at Wolves... not good enough for you? He was non-league at the start of the season.

dpjfox

MA has already stated that "just because a player has been in the Prem doesnt make him better quality", i think we will be getting players that he likes(irrelevant of league status) not just mid-thirties ex Prem players.

dpjfox

John Paul Mc Govern played on the right wing..ex Celtic (but also ex Sheff Wed) he was a fans favourite at Hillsborough but cant see him coming here id be happy to stick with Newton again or give Gradel a chance.

Last edited:

Spanky Fox

2 wingers - Julian grey/gray
- jerome Thomas

Sorted - E I E I E I O

lee7

MA has quoted that his 2 wingers at the MK Dons made the majority of goals for Platt and McCloud anyone know who they are and are they worth him bringing here? (as we havent any!)

Lloyd Dyer (Former West Brom) Winger (left)
Jon Paul McGovern (Former Sheff Weds) Winger (right)

highland fox

The guy at Gillingham is a winger isn't here Jervis/Jarvis whoever he is

Mort

The last League Two winger we got (one who made the team of the year no less) was Josh Low, he was good at that level and utter cack when confronted with Championship football... we'd be idiots to make the same mistake twice! Talk/rumours of bringing in League Two/MK Dons players simply because Allen "knows" them smacks of lazy journalism (at least that's what I’m hoping), especially when silly money is associated with such moves (the £1.5mil tag linked to McLeod was not just laughable... it was scary!).

However that all said I’d be keen on bringing in Jarvis and he’s apparently being very closely linked with us, what’s more he’d shouldn’t cost a vast amount (£250-450k?) and he combines plenty of potential, versatility and a very solid record despite his age.

fox58

The last League Two winger we got (one who made the team of the year no less) was Josh Low, he was good at that level and utter cack when confronted with Championship football... we'd be idiots to make the same mistake twice! Talk/rumours of bringing in League Two/MK Dons players simply because Allen "knows" them smacks of lazy journalism (at least that's what I’m hoping), especially when silly money is associated with such moves (the £1.5mil tag linked to McLeod was not just laughable... it was scary!).

However that all said I’d be keen on bringing in Jarvis and he’s apparently being very closely linked with us, what’s more he’d shouldn’t cost a vast amount (£250-450k?) and he combines plenty of potential, versatility and a very solid record despite his age.

a sensible first post

welcome to talking balls :038:

DesertFox

Good Lord! A newbie who hasn't displayed immediate not-right tendancies. Sir, I salute you! :038:

DesertFox

... however I don't agree 100%. There ARE some players down there that are good enough. I suppose the trick is to buy GOOD players, at whatever level, but sadly that is apparently very fecking difficult if you're a recent Leicester manager.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669