3 million to Spend

Status
Not open for further replies.
this so called 3mill doesnt exist full stop so i wouldnt waste any more time talking about it

Obviously loans make the most sense for right now, to guarantee survival this season and because you'll pay more for players in January usually, but I would still like to see a couple of permanent signings now.

If we don't sign anyone long term now, it means we will need to get them all in in the summer, which means we could spend the first couple of months of next season, once again, with new players having to get used to one another. If we can bring in a couple of the players now, then it gives them time to gel with the current squad so it's not a whole new different team next year. If we can get a few decent loan signings, plus a couple of good signings for next season all in now, then it's the perfect chance to put them in when there is not really too much to play for in the rest of this season.
Although of course, if MM is wary about Kelly, he might not want him to start building for next season.

Collymore went downhill after he broke his leg and O'Neil left

Or rather PT couldn't handle him like MON could. Collymore asked to come back to us after he left Bradford.

Couple of good loanees please, save the money for Summer/

I agree, we should have even more palyers to sign then, and we will have more time and so will not be forced to make rushed purchases

I agree, we should have even more palyers to sign then, and we will have more time and so will not be forced to make rushed purchases

If the money exists and if RK is still manager - in the short term hopefully - then he should be just given enough for a couple of short term loans to shore up the squad.

If kelly spends real money then the chances are that it will not be spent effectively and a great opportunity denied to a successor manager in the summer.

I realise that I am not very kind about RK - but all my gut instincts are that he has to go to allow the club to move up a few gears.

If the money exists and if RK is still manager - in the short term hopefully - then he should be just given enough for a couple of short term loans to shore up the squad.

If kelly spends real money then the chances are that it will not be spent effectively and a great opportunity denied to a successor manager in the summer.

I realise that I am not very kind about RK - but all my gut instincts are that he has to go to allow the club to move up a few gears.

Agreed, we need a manager who is brave, charismatic and well respected, at present Kelly is too cautious and afraid to allow the players to express themselves, he is IMO stifling a lot of the natural ability our squad has and you can see that for most of the season the players have not been enjoying their football.

I thought though he made an "inspired substitution" on saturday....

Last edited:
Agreed, we need a manager who is brave, charismatic and well respected, at present Kelly is too cautious and afraid to allow the players to express themselves, he is IMO stifling a lot of the natural ability our squad has and you can see that for most of the season the players have not been enjoying their football.

They expressed themselves on Saturday - and looked like they enjoyed it, too

They expressed themselves on Saturday - and looked like they enjoyed it, too

Similar to Tottenham last season, then looked what happened the following saturday, a pitiful surrender at Sheff Wed.

Will be interesting to see if Kelly is brave enough to adopt similar tactics when league points are at stake. That is what I find so frustrating with the club in it's current state, glimpses of what it can be capable of against superior opposition only to return to dour dross against mediocrity.

Will be interesting to see if Kelly is brave enough to adopt similar tactics when league points are at stake. That is what I find so frustrating with the club in it's current state, glimpses of what it can be capable of against superior opposition only to return to dour dross against mediocrity.

Not mine.

Similar to Tottenham last season, then looked what happened the following saturday, a pitiful surrender at Sheff Wed.

Well if they can do it once...........?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670