3 new trialists...

Status
Not open for further replies.
This has got Milan and his favourite agent's clumsy footprints all over it.... thankfully they are only on trial and not on three fecking year contracts!

Two of the Trialists Revealed

From SSN:

Leicester have given trials to Zsolt Laczko and Gabor Bori, according to reports in Hungary.

Under 21 international Laczko is understood to have linked up with The Foxes over the weekend after being given permission to travel to England by his club Olympiakos.

Laczko's agent Filipovic Vladan has suggested that Olympiakos want him to play and would only be willing for him to secure a loan move to Leicester.

"Zsolt Laczko attends trainings but won't play any friendly games," Vladan told Nemzeti Sport.

"Olympiakos officials still haven't decided about the midfielder's future. Their plans are a bit confused as they qualified from the group stage of the UEFA Champions League.

"They weren't too happy about this English trial.

"They don't want to sell him but would like him to play regular first-team football which is very important at his age."

Meanwhile, MTK Budapest have stated on their website that Leicester manager Ian Holloway is also casting his eye over Bori.

The powerful midfielder has recently broken into the senior Hungary squad and will be looking to gain experience in the Championship.

Holloway has a history of working with Hungarian players, having managed Krisztian Timar, Akos Buzsaky and Peter Halmosi at Plymouth.

Goalkeeper Marton Fulop is also on loan at Leicester from Sunderland.

Re: Two of the Trialists Revealed

Powerful midfielder??

Hopefully a leg breaker

I think we need a creative midfielder.

I'm trying very hard to contain my enthusiasm and excitement.

Seems like Holloway is hungary for success ...

I'm trying very hard to contain my enthusiasm and excitement.

i'm pleased there is no mention of a major transfer coup......might mean these players are half decent :)

I think we need a creative midfielder.

I think we need a midfield.

Can't say I know anything about either of them, but both recognised at international level, sounds promising at least. Doesn't sound like we have much chance of actually signing the Olympiakos guy at all though?
I'm not getting my hopes up for now though. Even if we do eventually sign them, they'll probably be shit, or we'll at least turn them into it.

Last edited:

but both recognised at international level, sounds promising.
Hopefully they'll bring as much clout to City as those recognised internationals Ferreira, Hellings and Kaebi.

The future's bright.

As someone has said before, Holloway has a scouting network in Hungary and he took 2 or 3 Hungarians to Plymouth so IMO there is more to be excited about now than when Meeeelan has brought in his Carlos Kickaball players!

Buzsaky, Timar, Fulop and Halmosi have all performed well so maybe we'll have a couple of decent players. Albeit on loan.

I think we need a midfield.

Can't say I know anything about either of them, but both recognised at international level, sounds promising at least. Doesn't sound like we have much chance of actually signing the Olympiakos guy at all though?
I'm not getting my hopes up for now though. Even if we do eventually sign them, they'll probably be shit, or we'll at least turn them into it.

I work with an Olympiakos fan and he rates this guy highly, even though he doesnt look like getting into the 1st team.

Apparently they want to keep him as cover for their 1st choice left midfielder, although they are looking around for a new midfielder now that they have got a bit further in the Champs League, so maybe this triggered him wanting to leave.

The position IH is in is almost damned if you do, damned if you don't.
If he brings in someone in the twilight of their career, it's another Keown, Horsfield......
If he brings in a foreigner, it's another Hellings, Ferreari(sp)....
If he gets linked with some superstar, it's why the feck is he gonna come here.
I know, as City fans, we've had many false dawns over the years, but sometimes you have to cut a guy some slack and just trust his instincts.

Then cross your fingers, toes, arms, legs etc.......and hope maybe this time the sun will come up!

If he brings in someone in the twilight of their career, it's another Keown, Horsfield......
I know, as City fans, we've had many false dawns over the years, but sometimes you have to cut a guy some slack and just trust his instincts.

Then cross your fingers, toes, arms, legs etc.......and hope maybe this time the sun will come up!

I think its fair to say if he goes anywhere near another Hellings, Ferreira, Keown or Horsfield it wont go down too well.

The slate is clean as far as I'm concerned and whoever IH brings in will be judged entirely on his merits

Seems like Holloway is hungary for success ...

let's hope that one of them can be nothing bud a pest in midfield

(i'm going)

"passes darth his coat":icon_bigg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675